Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio?
    #3233992 - 10/08/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to be purchasing Giganteum strain Papaver somniferum (I also had the option of Persian Whites/Blues and Hens and Chicks but the Giganteum is suppose to have the largest pods) and was wondering if there was some sort of ratio or rule to how much opium a pod has?  For example, let's say I wanted to get 5 grams of opium (since I won't even be growing these till next spring, I have to admit I really haven't researched the drug in-depth yet :blush:) - not really sure if that's a lot of opium but let's just say my goal was for 5 grams of raw opium.  About how many plants am I looking at to produce that much?  Thank you :smile:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: theocean06]
    #3234058 - 10/08/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Here you go: www.poppies.org <--I hope I got that right. Their FAQ's and forums will answer any question you may have. I haven't had a lot of luck with them the last time I tried which was a couple years ago. I see now what I did wrong. This time I'm starting them indoors in peat pots and gradually accustoming them to the sun and then planting them in a spot I already prepared with manure fert. I'll be starting them soon as it cools off some. In the northern states they grow a while and then freeze. In the spring they thaw out and go back to growing and make pods. It gives you a head start on spring. I'm planning to grow h+c and maybe a few gigs. I've heard good things about the quality of h+c and the pods are supposed to be large also. I also have some persian seed but I don't know if I'm going to grow any of it or not this time. I don't plan to make any opium but poppy tea is said to be good for the joints and what ails ya. I puked last time but maybe next time it'll go down better. Unless you are "into" opiates, there is the hazzard of puking. It also can be habit forming. What they do at poppies.org is they all get hooked but the supply runs out so most of them go cold turkey and a few who have money franticly order pods anywhere they can get them. Having a limited crop means your monkey doesn't get too big before it gets starved. Feeding a monkey too long turns it into a gorilla and you don't want to mess with a gorilla.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3235249 - 10/09/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

lol

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlinekingstroke
#gcc -o fungi.c

Loc: ~~?@?~~
Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #3235838 - 10/09/04 06:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

poppies.org is down, it has been for a long time, at least a month or two

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3236309 - 10/09/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There is no way to tell for sure, the literature values have a wide range of percentage. Mileage may vary.

Offlinetheocean06

Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: neuro]
    #3236325 - 10/09/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So there isn't really any average amount of opium you will get from a Papaver somniferum that has been grown under good conditions?

(Also, I'm not sure if you would know the answer to this neuro, but what is considered a good yield of raw opium from 20-30 P. somniferum)

Oh and Stonehenge, www.poppies.org seems to be down for me, does anyone have any information as to why the site is down?

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3236628 - 10/09/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

they've been down for a while now. i don't know why.

they piss me off though, i emailed the admin there to see when and if they'd ever allow new registrations a while back and he never responded. wtf. and just the idea of them not allowing registrations for a really long time now and probably not intending to allow them anytime in the near future really aggravates me. ya know.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3236662 - 10/09/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>>So there isn't really any average amount of opium you will get from a Papaver somniferum that has been grown under good conditions?

I think you'd have to perform more complex statistical tests than just averaging, there would be to man outliers in such computation for averages.

>>Also, I'm not sure if you would know the answer to this neuro, but what is considered a good yield of raw opium from 20-30 P. somniferum)

I couldn't begin to say, too much variability on my end.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: Locus]
    #3236726 - 10/09/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I had about 10 VERY nice plants this year......and I ended up with VERY little opium on a razor blade, I smoked it (twice) ate a little bit.....and then one day said fuck it, and I ate the rest while drinking grapefruit juice.

So, 10 plants ='s 4 nights of getting high, that's sure not a scientific average, but its as close as I could come.

Grow 20, see how much you get.......and then (next year)grow guerrilla style all over town :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDeQuincy
Paddo hunter

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3246330 - 10/12/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

May be this is of some help:

The PORG has a little baby sister forum called clubopium.tk.
It was founded less than a year ago by a PORG member. Although it has been kinda slow for the last three months or so, this might pick up soon with poppies.org down for so long.

So all somnifiles get together at:

http://www.clubopium.tk/

See you there!

--------------------
there's no vestige of a beginning no prospect of an end
(hutton)
if you came to conquer, you'll be king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away...
you have NO CONTROL
(bad religion)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: DeQuincy]
    #3247913 - 10/12/04 04:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

oo, now this might be cool. i'll check this out

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinetheocean06

Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: DeQuincy]
    #3247964 - 10/12/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3248265 - 10/12/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

they sux anyway!

--------------------

OfflineJiG
Beginer Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Where Its Perfect :) Flag
    #18143018 - 04/21/13 02:20 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

They say that you usually average about 80 milligrams of raw opium per seedpod but they say you can harvest anywhere from 10mgs to 200mgs per seedpod.

--------------------

Fruits From The earth N From Mother Nature
My Hobbies And Interests. And Will Study Them Till I Either Understand Them Completly Or Die First.
"Mankind Is Deystroying Itself".

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: JiG]
    #18143941 - 04/21/13 10:40 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

It's going to vary but you should grow as many poppies as possible. Personally I like Tazmanians. Bigger pods can be a security risk.  If I didnt have at least 100 sqft I wouldn't even bother. Stop thinking in terms of plants and concern yourself with a proper bed.

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #18143949 - 04/21/13 10:43 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Stop resurrecting old threads noob.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #18145162 - 04/21/13 02:59 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

EG

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Re: Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #18145321 - 04/21/13 03:31 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Tis I old friend.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck