Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibledwpinealM
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized
    #18080664 - 04/09/13 09:13 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Drug-Bust-Arrest-New-Jersey-Road-Runner-Pot-LSD-Ecstasy-Ocean-County-201962511.html

25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized

More than two dozen people have been arrested in a New Jersey drug bust that also led to the seizure of more than a dozen cars, guns, nearly $100,000 in cash and drugs that ranged from Oxycodone and Ecstasy to LSD, marijuana, steroids, hashish and psychedelic mushrooms.

Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph Coronato said federal, state and local law enforcement arrested 25 people in several counties in what was dubbed "Operation Road Runner."

Those arrested include a Lavalette police dispatcher and an employee of the Manalapan School District.

Coronato accused the ring of taking advantage of the U.S. Postal Service's parcel service to mail drugs "to numerous destinations, designed to lower transportation expenses, increase frequency of supply distribution, minimize risk and evade law enforcement authorities."

The suspect faces varying degrees of charges involving drugs, weapons and money laundering.

Prosecutors said additional arrests are expected in the ongoing investigation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://southbrunswick.patch.com/articles/south-brunswick-police-aid-massive-drug-ring-bust

South Brunswick Police Aid Massive Drug Ring Bust

South Brunswick Police detectives involved in multi-jurisdictional investigation that led to various drug, weapons and money laundering offenses.

South Brunswick Police detectives aided a seven-month long multi-jurisdictional investigation that led to numerous charges in Ocean, Mercer, Essex and Monmouth counties.

Township police participated in raids that occurred in various counties, which led authorities to charge 25 individuals with assorted drug, weapons and money laundering offenses, Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph D. Coronato announced Monday.

Known as "Operation Road Runner," the investigation began in August of last year and ended on April 5, as police executed search warrants throughout the state.

"Today is just the first the many successful multi-jurisdictional cooperative investigations that the Special Operations Group will be responsible for during my tenure as County Prosecutor," Coronato said in a statement. "The success of this investigation is a direct result of the cooperation between the federal, state, county and local law enforcement agencies that participated in this operation. I am heartened by the dedication of those individuals and agencies that participated."

Authorities recovered over twenty pounds of marijuana, large quantities of MDMA (known as Ecstasy), prescription pills including Oxycodone, Roxicet, Zanax, Methadone and Suboxone, multiple firearms including a loaded Smith and Wesson 44 Magnum handgun, a loaded 9mm American Tactical pistol, a Weatherby 7mm rifle, large quantities of LSD and psilocybin mushrooms as well as approximately $91,000 in cash, according to Coronato.

The investigation also yielded the seizure of 15 vehicles allegedly used for drug distribution. They are pending forfeiture proceedings, according to Coronato.

Police also seized several bank accounts that they said contain proceeds from this alleged drug network, one of which contained about $70,000 in drug proceeds, Coronato said. Investigation into bank accounts is ongoing and totals could change.

Drug paraphernalia, including packaging and distribution materials and electronic scales were also seized in the raids, according to the prosecutor.

The investigation revealed that the United States Postal Service allegedly was used to distributed drugs in small quantities, which lowers transportation costs, increases distribution frequency and minimizes risk of detection by law enforcement, said

Robert G. Koval, acting special agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Agency's New Jersey Dvision.

"The collective persistence, diligence, and dedicated law enforcement efforts exhibited by all the participants is exceptionally noteworthy and greatly appreciated by DEA," Koval said in a statement.

A paraprofessional at Manalapan High School, Shawn Hannon, was charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance for having 30 Oxycodone pills and one Suboxone pill in his ownership. Hannon was also charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute for allegedly attempting to sell the Oxycodone pills. Additionally, Hannon was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Hannon’s bail was set at $35,000 with no ten percent option by Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson.

Others charged in the operation include:

Jeremy Zahn, 25, of Brick: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana, Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity (Money Laundering), Conspiracy to commit Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity (Money Laundering) and Leader of a Narcotics Trafficking Network. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Zahn at $500,000 cash.

Mary Zahn, 51, Manchester: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Mary Zahn at $50,000, no 10 percent.

Miguel Serrano, 21, Brick:  Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana and Conspiracy to commit Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity (Money Laundering). State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Serrano Jr. at $100,000, no 10 percent.

Bryan Suzuki, 21, Toms River: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana, Possession of Marijuana over fifty grams, Possession of Marijuana over fifty grams but less than five pounds with Intent to Distribute, Possession of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) and Possession of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) with Intent to Distribute.  State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Brian Suzuki Jr. at $100,000, no 10 percent.

Christian Suzuki, 22, Toms River: Possession of Marijuana over 50 grams and Possession of Marijuana over fifty grams but less than five pounds with Intent to Distribute. Suzuki was released on a summons.

Richard M. Rodriguez, 22, Toms River: Possession of Marijuana over 50 grams and Possession of Marijuana over 50 grams but less than five pounds with Intent to Distribute. Rodriguez was released on a summons.

Ian Elkins, 23, Manchester: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Elkins at $50,000, no 10 percent.

Matthew C. Humbert, 28, Manchester: Possession of Anabolic Steroids. Humbert was released on a summons.

Jonathan A. Watts, 28, Manchester: Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Watts was released on a summons.

Nicholas Santillo, 22, Lakewood: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Santillo at $50,000, no 10 percent.

Jacob Prestia, 29, Toms River: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to distribute over five pounds of Marijuana, Conspiracy to commit Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity (Money Laundering), Possession of Anabolic Steroids, Possession of marijuana with Intent to distribute and Possession of Marijuana over fifty grams. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Serrano Jr. at $150,000, no 10 percent.

Jenny Thompson, 25, Jackson: Possession of Marijuana over 50 grams and Possession of Marijuana over 50 grams but less than five pounds with Intent to Distribute. Thompson was released on a summons.

Stephen P. Regan, 46, Toms River: Possession of Marijuana over 50 grams and Possession of Marijuana over 50 grams but less than five pounds with Intent to Distribute. Regan was released on a summons.

Deven Skyers, 19, Toms River: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Skyers at $75,000, no 10 percent.

Joseph Schmidt, 26, Toms River: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana, Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Packaging Materials and Digital Scales). State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Schmidt at $50,000 no 10 percent.

Michael Battista, 28, Toms River: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute, Possession of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), Possession of Psilocybin Mushrooms, Possession of MDMA (Ecstasy), Possession of MDMA (Ecstasy) with Intent to Distribute and Possession of Hashish. Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson JSC set bail for Mr. Battista at $50,000 no ten percent.

Caitlin E. Dohrenwend, 26, Tinton Falls: Possession of CDS (30 Oxycodones and 1 Suboxone), Possession of CDS (30 Oxycodones) with Intent to Distribute, Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute. Dohreenwend was released on a summons.

Michael E. Boggess, 28, Cookstown: Possession of CDS (Oxycodone). Boggess was released on a summons.

Tyler Sargent, 21, Seaside Park: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson  set bail for Mr. Sargent at $50,000, no 10 percent.

William Thomas, 27, Brick: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Thomas at $50,000, no 10 percent.

Kellee Graham, 28, Toms River: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Graham at $75,000, no 10 percent.

Kathy Anne Graham, 57, Toms River: Hindering the detention, apprehension, investigation, prosecution, conviction and/or punishment of Jeremy Zahn and others by warning Kelle Graham, Jeremy Zahn and others of impending apprehension by law enforcement in connection of crimes of the second degree or greater.

State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Graham at $35,000, with the 10 percent option.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: dwpineal]
    #18080675 - 04/09/13 09:21 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Damn, the craziest thing to me is that the mom is getting charged.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: bryguy27007]
    #18080715 - 04/09/13 09:48 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

meep meep!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibledwpinealM
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: bryguy27007]
    #18080717 - 04/09/13 09:49 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Yeah and then the person that warned them...wonder how she knew...

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: dwpineal] * 1
    #18080910 - 04/09/13 10:55 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

So corrupt and unjust.  Aside from the relatively small distribution quantity of cannabis (20 pounds is nothing between so many people) all I see is that a bunch of people are being charged with conspiracy, some people had small quantities of pills (30 and less) and they stole people's money, bank accounts and cars.

This is just outright theft by the police and the government and it will continue to happen so long as asset forfeiture and brutal policing in general are tolerated.

--------------------

InvisibleWorldWideWInton
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: unknown
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: Humility]
    #18081270 - 04/09/13 12:49 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

I bet they tried to cash out their BTC through MTGOX...
I knew the cyprus/ecurrencytax + BTC inflation 200% would make it very very easy to catch people trying to cash out $250,000 of BTC which was worth only ~$1000 a month ago.

--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

Offlineeyeohwa
Stranger

Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: dwpineal]
    #18081676 - 04/09/13 02:35 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Operation Road Runner, eh? :awenuhuh: Something tells me that this is just the beginning.

Stay safe ya'll.

OfflineAbsent Minded
Diggin' in Tha Crates
 User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: eyeohwa]
    #18081728 - 04/09/13 02:47 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

crazy how they can be investigating you since october and you never have any idea...
Seems like the judge was definitely none too pleased with these kids.

--------------------

Beats
More Beats
PM me if you ever want some info on Yerba Mate :goodmorning:

Modest Mouse: "Dance with her and tell her youd like to fingerbang her on the dancefloor. Then take her to McDonalds after thr party, score her number, and become friends with benefits. "

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Invisibletealeaf
Children of the most High
 User Gallery

Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: Absent Minded]
    #18083017 - 04/09/13 06:59 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

i find it not so astounding that the youngest people that got busted had the most shit on them. just goes to show the younger generation still doesnt get it and thinks they are invincible

--------------------
:dancingbear:

soundcloud.com/matty_dread

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: eyeohwa]
    #18083166 - 04/09/13 07:19 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Coronato accused the ring of taking advantage of the U.S. Postal Service's parcel service to mail drugs "to numerous destinations, designed to lower transportation expenses, increase frequency of supply distribution, minimize risk and evade law enforcement authorities."

Quote:

eyeohwa said:
Operation Road Runner, eh? :awenuhuh: Something tells me that this is just the beginning.

Stay safe ya'll.

Guess everything isn't as SILKY smooth and anonymous after all.  There goes the neighborhood.  Wasn't there a page a week ago saying the SR had its servers seized?  Shittyyyyyy

--------------------

OfflineQT3BFLEE
ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Male

Loc: Murica Flag
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #18083498 - 04/09/13 08:21 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Well hopefully they still have their money holed up in BTC.

The only good thing will be if they can return home after their lengthy prison sentence to some nice cash (and hopefully at inflated prices at that).

--------------------
My Public Key

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: QT3BFLEE]
    #18084676 - 04/10/13 12:37 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

This bust has nothing to do with bitcoins or the silkRoad.

Alex Jones fear mongering all over this thread. 

NewJersey Drug Order.

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: downlowfunk]
    #18084729 - 04/10/13 12:52 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Quote:

downlowfunk said:
This bust has nothing to do with bitcoins or the silkRoad.

Alex Jones fear mongering all over this thread. 

NewJersey Drug Order.

Well its quite ironic that they were charged with distributing through the mail and the operation was entitled ROAD RUNNER....

Speculation, maybe.  Fear mongering? Ehhhh....

--------------------

InvisibleWorldWideWInton
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: unknown
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #18084908 - 04/10/13 01:42 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Quote:

eremy Zahn, 25, of Brick: Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute over five pounds of Marijuana, Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity (Money Laundering), Conspiracy to commit Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity (Money Laundering) and Leader of a Narcotics Trafficking Network. State Superior Court Judge Francis Hodgson set bail for Zahn at $500,000 cash.

Week after the BTC=money laundering... 

May be diff if they test all that lsd and molly and find only nbome and M1

Not to mention little cash was found and they all got it for money laundering...

"Lets inflate the price of drug currency (BTC) 300X then watch mtgox to see who cashes out..."

--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

OfflineD.M.T
Forum Contaminant
Male

Loc: In your brain
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: WorldWideWInton]
    #18084981 - 04/10/13 02:03 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

This has nothing to do with Silk Road or Bitcoins, or else they would have announced it to make it seem like even more of a big deal than they could.

The kid was the supplier of the organization, that is all that means. Any movement of cash is money laundering. This does not mean BTC, as it was more likely just cash in mail. Since the mail is involved it's all federal charges. I know a guy who was charged with money laundering in a federal drug bust long before BTC. He simply moved a few grand through Western Union once or twice but the recording of the transaction was enough to charge him.

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: D.M.T]
    #18085397 - 04/10/13 03:40 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

It seems unlikely that this has anything to do with silk road as they would have abused it for propaganda and scare purposes if it were so.

Anyway, it seems like these officers needed some new cars and now got them. Ever wondered why LEAP was a Canadian organization?

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #18085814 - 04/10/13 08:36 AM (1 year, 6 days ago)

Not necessarily true. They could already have infiltrated Silk Road, but are keeping it quiet in order to catch people this way. All they would have to do is allow these packages to get through, wait a few weeks to months, and swoop in on the addresses.

Or, if they've found the packages to be coming in with drugs, sending them on their way and doing the same thing (making a list of the addresses), that would be another way this could happen.

I think watching bitcoin rates may be the best way to see what happens here. Hate to say it, but BTC's predominant use is drug sales..and that's likely the reason for the boom. If silk road drops, the BTC prices are -probably- going with them.

OfflineAbsent Minded
Diggin' in Tha Crates
 User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: 25 Arrested in NJ Drug Bust; LSD, Ecstasy, Cars, Shrooms Among Items Seized [Re: Magick]
    #18094234 - 04/11/13 10:24 PM (1 year, 5 days ago)

My buddy mentioned this in class today - said one of his childhood friends just got nailed, hard. I was like, yo, that huge one in the news? Sure enough it's the very same. Forget what his name was, but his parents paid the $50k and bailed him out:eek:

--------------------

Beats
More Beats
PM me if you ever want some info on Yerba Mate :goodmorning:

Modest Mouse: "Dance with her and tell her youd like to fingerbang her on the dancefloor. Then take her to McDonalds after thr party, score her number, and become friends with benefits. "

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service