Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSouljaSmokinDoja
The Ancestors' Ancestor
Male User Gallery

Loc: GodBody
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: Constantine]
    #18061994 - 04/05/13 11:13 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Constantine said:
This thread is hysterical.

How??

--------------------
RED BLACK  GREEN

‘spiritual technology’: don’t need a cell phone when he can use telepathy - don’t need a camera when he has a photo-graphic memory - don’t need GPS when his whole being is connected to the earth – don’t need military cloaking devices when he can change his physical signature on a dimensional level – don’t need no books when he has direct access to the akashic records - don’t need a space ship when he can go where he wants in the dream-time – don’t need our culture when the cosmos is his operating system.. GodBody

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSouljaSmokinDoja
The Ancestors' Ancestor
Male User Gallery

#18061996 - 04/05/13 11:14 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Naw, I like women... haha!

--------------------
RED BLACK  GREEN

‘spiritual technology’: don’t need a cell phone when he can use telepathy - don’t need a camera when he has a photo-graphic memory - don’t need GPS when his whole being is connected to the earth – don’t need military cloaking devices when he can change his physical signature on a dimensional level – don’t need no books when he has direct access to the akashic records - don’t need a space ship when he can go where he wants in the dream-time – don’t need our culture when the cosmos is his operating system.. GodBody

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

OfflineKremrBigSikter
Spränger Språnger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: SouljaSmokinDoja]
    #18061997 - 04/05/13 11:14 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
They actually made some good points in there.

Fuck it. :lahey:

--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:

Offlinehidenseek1
Its got all the dinks.
Loc: poop
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: KremrBigSikter] * 1
    #18062008 - 04/05/13 11:18 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

You seem desensitized to the destruction of the Earth, the place where you live is being killed and you brush it off. We should address all these problems instead of just trying to fuck it, smoke it, drink it, eat it away.

what am i going to do? tell people to stop taking drugs (hey man i know you have schizophrenia, but think about the water!!!11) ? or tell them to stop pissing in the toilet?

put up some no dumping signs on the beach

what could one do, other then make a thread on the interwebz

--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pons asinorum
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

OfflineSouljaSmokinDoja
The Ancestors' Ancestor
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18062040 - 04/05/13 11:29 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Don't underestimate yourself.

--------------------
RED BLACK  GREEN

OfflineTheHydrogenBomb
I SUPPORT RULE #4
 User Gallery

Loc: Silent Hill Flag
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: SouljaSmokinDoja]
    #18062047 - 04/05/13 11:30 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

i waaant my

i waaaant my

i waaant my mmmmpgggg

--------------------
:reset:

OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18062048 - 04/05/13 11:31 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Yeah, you can change the world with the power of Rock 'n' Roll man :super:

--------------------

Offlinehidenseek1
Its got all the dinks.
Loc: poop
    #18062051 - 04/05/13 11:32 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

i thought these days you had to use dubstep

--------------------
You can drink at 7 A.M., because the Beastie Boys fought for that right
pons asinorum
lsd and the vietnam war changed music forever

OfflineSouljaSmokinDoja
The Ancestors' Ancestor
Male User Gallery

#18062064 - 04/05/13 11:35 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

I have my ways, mwahahaha!

--------------------
RED BLACK  GREEN

OfflineSouljaSmokinDoja
The Ancestors' Ancestor
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: hidenseek1] * 1
    #18062066 - 04/05/13 11:36 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

hidenseek1 said:

I'll take Reggea and Hip hop and the Blues instead

--------------------
RED BLACK  GREEN

OfflineHierophant
Ritualistic Mystic
Male User Gallery
    #18062293 - 04/05/13 12:25 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
Quote:

Hierophant said:
Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
Melanin comes directly from Melatonin as well as melanocytes. I'm starting to think that the oxidation process of shrooms is produced with the help of melanin in their systems.

What?! ...melanin in psilocybe mushrooms?!

Yes, they do turn black after turning blue first (similar to the tone of Krishna)

Mushrooms bruise blue due to the oxidation of psilocin, the black coloration is the rusult of dropped spores, why do you assume melanin is the cause of blueing? Just curious, I haven't read anything about melanin being present in psilocybe mushrooms

--------------------
There is a golden book kept in my heart and guarded by my soul, written in Divine Light and bound with the veins of the Earth.

OfflineHierophant
Ritualistic Mystic
Male User Gallery
    #18062305 - 04/05/13 12:28 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
Quote:

hidenseek1 said:

Strickly Jazz

--------------------
There is a golden book kept in my heart and guarded by my soul, written in Divine Light and bound with the veins of the Earth.

OfflineTheHydrogenBomb
I SUPPORT RULE #4
 User Gallery

Loc: Silent Hill Flag
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: Hierophant]
    #18062328 - 04/05/13 12:32 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Hierophant said:
Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
Quote:

hidenseek1 said:

Strickly Jazz

strictly vocabulary.

--------------------
:reset:

OfflineHierophant
Ritualistic Mystic
Male User Gallery
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: TheHydrogenBomb]
    #18062354 - 04/05/13 12:37 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Strictly apologizing :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#18062383 - 04/05/13 12:44 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
Melanin comes directly from Melatonin

No it doesn't.
They are totally different things that just happen to start with "Mela"

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: StygianKnight] * 1
    #18062387 - 04/05/13 12:45 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I've been looking into this for a minute. Turns out Melanin may be the reason why turn blue/black. Melanin is made from the Pineal Gland and it what make us all spiritual and have extraordinary experiences.

I stopped after that.

:facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineSouljaSmokinDoja
The Ancestors' Ancestor
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: Hierophant]
    #18062396 - 04/05/13 12:48 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Hierophant said:
Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
Quote:

Hierophant said:
Quote:

SouljaSmokinDoja said:
Melanin comes directly from Melatonin as well as melanocytes. I'm starting to think that the oxidation process of shrooms is produced with the help of melanin in their systems.

What?! ...melanin in psilocybe mushrooms?!

Yes, they do turn black after turning blue first (similar to the tone of Krishna)

Mushrooms bruise blue due to the oxidation of psilocin, the black coloration is the rusult of dropped spores, why do you assume melanin is the cause of blueing? Just curious, I haven't read anything about melanin being present in psilocybe mushrooms

Melanin is found throughout all of life, from fungi, to plants, to mammals (and all animals). Psilcybin and psilocin, as well as all the other tryptamines look similar to serotonin, which comes from the Pineal as well. I think the two are interconnected. Also the Weilii I had turned black after holding them, they're so beautiful... :datass:

--------------------
RED BLACK  GREEN

OfflineSouljaSmokinDoja
The Ancestors' Ancestor
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) [Re: StygianKnight]
    #18062407 - 04/05/13 12:53 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Wrong:

Melanin protects against a parasite of the central nervous system, optic neuritis, parkinsons, PKU, spinal bifida, etc. all found in higher frequencies in ppl of euro descent melanin is also found in several types of cells not related to skin, cells in the brain and muscles. Melanin in the brain and body does more than just “make it darker”. Melanin on the inside as well as outside protects against DNA degradation, it enhances, speeds up the transmission of messages to the brain and body, which is as to why people of color have a tendency to have a higher and quicker level of motor skills and response also protects reproduction system melanin provides an important role outside of uv protection and vitamin synthesis reference sources; Mackintosh 2001 nosanchuck and casdavall 2006 agar and young 2005

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6135975

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15748643

Calcification of the pineal gland is shown to be closely related to defective sense of direction (Bayliss et al, 1985). In a tricentre prospective study of 750 patients lateral skull radiographs showed that 394 had calcified pineal glands. Sense of direction was assessed by subjective questioning and objective testing and the results noted on a scale of 0-10 (where 10 equals perfect sense of direction). The average score for the 394 patients with pineal gland calcification was 3.7 (range 0-8), whereas the 356 patients without pineal gland calcification had an average score of 7.6 (range 2-10). This difference was highly significant (p less than 0.01) (Bayliss et al, 1985). Also, the effects of disturbed sleep and memory are well documented.

Pineal indolamine (e.g. Melatonin/Serotonin) and peptide hormones influence immune functions. Melatonin, in particular, increases immune memory while T-dependent antigene immunization stimulates antibody production. According to Maestroni (1993), in an article published in the Journal of Pineal Research a tight physiological link between the pineal gland and the immune system is emerging that might reflect the evolutionary connection between self-recognition and reproduction. He goes further, mentioning that Pinealectomy or other experimental methods which inhibit melatonin synthesis and secretion induce a state of immunodepression which is counteracted by melatonin. In general, melatonin appears to have an immunoenhancing effect. An interesting observation is the apparent protection from autoimmune diseases in areas of West Africa and especially in places where malaria is a problem (Greenwood, 1968).

Melanin is found everywhere, throughout Nature...
in animals, plants (that's why raisins and banana bruises are brown), the soil, waters of creeks, lakes, seas, and even in comets! Concentrations vary from parts per million to parts per billion, and it is soluble in liquid phases.
Melanin is necessary for humans to reproduce!
Melanin is abundantly present at the inception of life: a Melanin sheath covers both the sperm and the egg! In the human embryo, the melanocytes (skin pigment cells), the brain, and the nerve cells all originate from the same place; the neural crest. Melanocytes resemble nerve cells and are essential for conveying energy. When the presence of Melanin is missing or insufficient in the ectoderm, this causes the mother to lose her baby; in the case of all whites, a defective baby is produced.
Melanin is the major organizing molecule in living systems
Dr. Frank Barr, pioneering discoverer of Melanin's organizing ability and other properties, opens his technical work, Melanin: The Organizing Molecule: "The hypothesis is advanced that (neuro)melanin (in conjunction with other pigment molecules such as the isopentenoids) functions as the major organizational molecule in living systems.

Melanin is depicted as an organizational "trigger" capable of using established properties such as photon- (electron)- photon conversions, free radical-redox mechanism, ion exchange mechanisms, ion exchange mechanisms, and semiconductive switching capabilities to direct energy to strategic molecular systems and sensitive hierarchies of protein enzyme cascades. Melanin is held capable of regulating a wide range of molecular interactions and metabolic processes..."

--------------------
RED BLACK  GREEN

InvisibleGreendreams

Re: DMT, Psilocybes, Pineal Gland, and Melanin (Melatonin) *DELETED* [Re: SouljaSmokinDoja] * 1
    #18062417 - 04/05/13 12:56 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Post deleted by Greendreams

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#18062418 - 04/05/13 12:56 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Melanin is a pigment.  Melatonin is a hormone.  Totally different things.
:disappointedlaugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies