Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleralf
It's all in the mind

Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms
    #18030422 - 03/29/13 08:52 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Narcicissts are nasty self-centered people who enjoy hurting others for kicks while pretending they are an angel. The disorder is based on an inflated ego and the inability to face it. They also somehow can't process 'shame' becvause of that and tend to get very angry if you provoke that feeling in them. They always blaim others for their faults and even make others responsible for their own actions.  Because of the inflated ego which they can not face they have to project a grandios picture of themselfs to the outside world. They tend to abuse their closest (relatives and partners) emotionally and sometimes phisically while pretending to be the perfect parent/lover in public. Also they cheat constantly on their partners and blame them for their actions (if you would have treated me better i would not have slept with the other man/woman).
They are normally unable to see this even if they score highscore in personality test, are intelligent and could understand the disorder - but can't see it in themselves. Many of them are violent. Any serialkiller in history was a narcissist ...they act bad and feel sad - but can't help it or see the larger picture ... they are normally very lonely as everybody is repulsed over time ... that for an intro ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

My question: do you think a person like this could benefit from magic mushrooms? Does anyone know of cases where a narcissist had a larger dose? I thought shrooms could have the potential to open their eyes for their disorder (how bad they treat others) and the causes for it in their childhood (they were treated bad as children). Am i wrong? Please don't comment like "no drugs for insane people in gerneral" ... we are not talking of a scizophrenic or psychotic but a narcissist. I would appreciate some educated answers. Thanks

Edited by ralf (03/29/13 08:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: ralf]
    #18030438 - 03/29/13 08:55 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Anything is possible.

Narcissists may be even more egotistical after a trip though.

"I saw God!"

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleralf
It's all in the mind

Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: Rose]
    #18030445 - 03/29/13 08:56 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

good point ...

OfflineDale Cooper
Stranger
Male

#18030586 - 03/29/13 09:35 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

I guess they could benefit from a Mushroom trip, if its guided by some kind of Shaman. A mushroom trip could very well bring they egocentrism more to the surface and could also been seen by others more clearly, but on the other hand maybe he himself could see it more clearly too. Someone experienced with helping and guiding people through trips could focus his attention onto his problem.

But i cant know it for sure, maybe its somewhat dangerous for the Person, because he could get lost in this state of mind.

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
    #18030631 - 03/29/13 09:53 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

i believe mushrooms are the cure for everything , if we forcibly dosed everyone especially those in governments and all of its departments the world would be a better place.
mushrooms should be compulsory for anyone who has power/authority .

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: atomicshaman]
    #18030670 - 03/29/13 10:02 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah!  You hold 'em down and I'll dose 'em. :thumbup:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: atomicshaman]
    #18030675 - 03/29/13 10:03 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
i believe mushrooms are the cure for everything , if we forcibly dosed everyone especially those in governments and all of its departments the world would be a better place.
mushrooms should be compulsory for anyone who has power/authority .

Hahahahahaha!!!!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleralf
It's all in the mind

#18030706 - 03/29/13 10:09 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

actually most politicians, buisnessman, policeman and many teachers are Narcs ... it is known they cluster in authority-positions ... those groups and serialkillers ... makes you think ...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#18030722 - 03/29/13 10:13 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleThe Lizard King
Student Strawman
Male

Loc: Babylon
    #18030793 - 03/29/13 10:35 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

I think it'd probably be great. Mushies shoot your empathy sky high and that would be very helpful for those who can't see past themselves.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: The Lizard King]
    #18030830 - 03/29/13 10:43 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Then one comes down...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleThe Lizard King
Student Strawman
Male

Loc: Babylon
    #18030850 - 03/29/13 10:47 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Ha true.
Idk maybe it's just different for me, but the increased empathy usually lasts a good month or two after a solid trip. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: The Lizard King]
    #18030962 - 03/29/13 11:14 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Or you are ego driven. Like the rest of us.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinepsychedelicchick
The Outsider
Female

Loc: Trinidad and Tobago Flag
    #18031548 - 03/30/13 02:29 AM (11 years, 2 days ago)

I dont believe mushrooms are the cure for everything, just like at the ancient Aztecs that used it yet still had war and human sacrifice etc.

--------------------
"Over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign." - John Stuart Mill

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: psychedelicchick]
    #18031575 - 03/30/13 02:45 AM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Believe that.

Until someone fails.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #18031580 - 03/30/13 02:49 AM (11 years, 2 days ago)

They'd benefit way more from MDMA.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: ralf] * 1
    #18032225 - 03/30/13 09:44 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

My father is a narcissist and out of desperation my mother asked me to give him ayahuasca.  He had his first trip, it was physically and mentally challenging as he dealt with the insanity that these drugs bring about.  There were no breakthroughs or really anything of value.  Next we tried shrooms, but the same thing.  He didn't open up, didn't see anything to acknowledge or change his ways.  Perhaps someone would say that we needed a trained psychedelic therapist to get results, but I think a person needs to want to change.  Sometimes they may even want to change but are incapable due to deeply ingrained personality traits that are the result of childhood abuse/trauma as well as hard-wired tendencies.

This is not to say psychedelic therapy can't help, but it didn't in my father's case.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlinethephilosofist
???...!!!
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: joemolloy]
    #18032532 - 03/30/13 11:25 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Psychedelics have torn my ego and built it up enough times to recognize that my lack of shame and ability to 'turn off' empathy is a tool. With great power comes great responsibility.

Through the eyes of mushrooms, I see the importance of networking. I only maintain mutually beneficial relationships with other individuals, rather than parasitism or dominance; my tribe is strong because of this.

My credit: There are statements on hospital notepads saying that I believe that I am an angel, a vessel of God, Gabriel's flaming sword. I almost had a mural depicting my fall and resurrection tattoed on my back in the symmetry of angel wings. I was a grade A narcissist.

Only through the total shattering of my ego, physical brutality toward myself from others (during psychedelic experiences), multiple failures in social institutions such as university, (demonstrating lack of ability, cognitive dissonance) and a series of cosmic slaps on the wrist, I have settled myself...knowing potential =/= ability.

I would not recommend that all narcissists take mushrooms, for they have led me down the darkest of paths...one trip in particular took me a year to recover from. A 'wake up' call for many narcissists include suicidal thoughts as well as hatred for existence. Beauty becomes sin. Chaos becomes God. Humans become sheep. The devil rises within.

Anyway, I'm not there anymore and I'm pretty damn happy. I support my friends and family and I try my best not to let myself become lost in my ego again. However, my narcissism was definitely taken on a roller coaster ride and for that reason I would not recommend any sort of intense uncontrollable psychological experience for anyone who is in over their head.

Maybe I'm just a douche though.

Edited by thephilosofist (03/30/13 12:53 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: psychedelicchick]
    #18033571 - 03/30/13 03:36 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

psychedelicchick said:
I dont believe mushrooms are the cure for everything, just like at the ancient Aztecs that used it yet still had war and human sacrifice etc.

That's what they liked.  Nothing wrong with it... :lol:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineAcidreamer
altered ego
Female

Loc: CA
Re: Narcicisstic personality disorder and shrooms [Re: joemolloy]
    #18034880 - 03/30/13 09:04 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
My father is a narcissist and out of desperation my mother asked me to give him ayahuasca.  He had his first trip, it was physically and mentally challenging as he dealt with the insanity that these drugs bring about.  There were no breakthroughs or really anything of value.  Next we tried shrooms, but the same thing.  He didn't open up, didn't see anything to acknowledge or change his ways.  Perhaps someone would say that we needed a trained psychedelic therapist to get results, but I think a person needs to want to change.  Sometimes they may even want to change but are incapable due to deeply ingrained personality traits that are the result of childhood abuse/trauma as well as hard-wired tendencies.

This is not to say psychedelic therapy can't help, but it didn't in my father's case.

Wow that's pretty cool that your dad felt up to trying some psychedelics, but it's too bad nothing really came of it. I'm kinda trying the same approach with my dad; did you watch over him or was he alone? I'm a little curious as to whether it'd be a bad idea to trip with a parent.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate