Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSyd Barrett
dead-head
Female

DXM...
    #17961188 - 03/15/13 04:03 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I took a 5 oz bottle of delsym last night. Wasn't expecting too much and have only done it once before which was about a year ago and that was only half a bottle and the effects were the same I would have after being a little drunk or high. This time though I was hallucinating profoundly and I could feel my head throbbing while the walls were moving. I did enjoy playing with my poi balls, and music was enhanced a good bit. but I woke up this morning still feeling the effects of the dxm also which really sucked. I was still having slight hallucinations and I was near sighted. I wont be taking DXM again, it was a fun experience but I feel like it made my brain slightly retarded and I didn't really learn anything from my trip except that I need to be careful about taking high doses of things I dont have much experience with. I am curious about how similar ketamine and DXM are to one another because I was interested in trying ketamine but  this dxm experience has made me change my mind about it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline11nova
Bipolar Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginha
Re: DXM... [Re: Syd Barrett]
    #17961318 - 03/15/13 04:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't know what to expect when I did ketamine for the first time. A year before I tried k I did dxm so much at high doses and loved it. I started to hate it after a while though.

So a year goes by and I get offered some k. I snort .1 and it feels almost the exact same as like a plateau 3 trip of dxm, just cleaner. I was disappointed to say the least.

Then I tried around .15 of k and it was so crazy. A lot better than my last experience of it and better than my many dxm experiences. I can't describe any of the experience which sucks, but it was insane.

I think you should ditch the dxm altogether and try k :thumbup:

--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

OfflineLancetrance
Novice psychonaut
Male

Loc: Mid-Eastern USA
Re: DXM... [Re: 11nova]
    #17963050 - 03/16/13 01:39 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

DXM does have a very heavy body load, and can really put your mind in a stupor during the hangover, but sometimes it can be very enjoyable.

I enjoy the racing thoughts and the euphoria (although I often get dysphoria as well), especially the music euphoria. I often get deeply introspective and thoughtful while tripping on DXM. At high enough doses (3rd plateau+) realistic and vivid closed eye hallucinations are common.  :Feelstrippyman:

Now what I don't like is the double-vision (nearsightedness, as you called it) and the nausea. I throw up pretty much every time I ingest DXM. I didn't used to, but I just can't really handle it as well as I used to when I first started.

I limit my use of this drug to about twice a year. I feel it has overall negative effects overall, and I feel like most any psychedelic drug would be overall "better", but to each their own.

P.S. Delsym contains time-release Dextromethorphan. This may explain why you were still tripping after so long. It is supposed to last at least 12 hours.

:peace:

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: DXM... [Re: Lancetrance]
    #17967059 - 03/17/13 01:57 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

DXM is an interesting drug. It can either be enjoyable or not, depending on a lot of variables. It has a heavy body load but that can be dealt with in ways that make it rather minimal.

High doses do seem to cause the double vision the next day. I forget the specific reason (knew it once), but NMDA receptor antagonism for some reason causes the brain to have a bit of trouble lining up the images from both eyes. This is temporary, and increases with dose - 3rd plateau doses and up get this effect much worse than 2nd plateau doses. 1st plateau doses don't really seem to cause this effect much at all.

At low doses (1st and low 2nd plateau) DXM is mostly metabolized to dextrorphan which has a different subset of effects - mostly that stoned, euphoric drunkish feeling. As the dose increases, the body starts taking up the DXM before the liver can process it, which has the more psychedelic/dissociative effects. Because of this, the increased dose gives rise to these new effects, which are almost non-existent in the 1st and lower 2nd plateaus. This is why your two experiences were so different in nature.

DXM seems to be a bit hard on the stomach. It can cause nausea and stomach upset. This effect and other side effects seem to be heavily worsened if taking the drug while hungry. While taking it full may hinder the overall experience, it's important to have a little something in your stomach during the experience - and to have something healthy but light to munch on in case your stomach starts to feel queasy. Good apples are wonderful for this purpose!

The thing about DXM and other dissociatives is that, unlike traditional 5-HT2a psychedelics, what you get out of them seems to be more in your mind than your senses. Hallucinations are common, yes, but more than anything I enjoy just listening to what my brain has to say while on DXM. It seems to have this ability to let one think outside of the box, and look at a larger picture. Alongside that, it comes with the ability to analyze a tough situation from a different perspective. I suppose the same goal behind meditation, but kinda like a shortcut :wink:. During some of my most mentally stressed times, where my brain was like a mess of knotted, tangled wires that I was constantly pulling on to stretch them to the socket, DXM instead allowed me to loosen the wires and untangle my brain, so that everything could be plugged back in properly. Hard to explain without the metaphors, but that's where its true power lies.

Also, just to throw it out there, that euphoria given from low doses of DXM can be very beneficial in itself, similar to what alcohol does. It also seems to be very good at masking mental pain/temporary depression.

All that being said, I recommend to anyone using DXM that they respect it. It can be addictive, and it does seem to come with some mental side effects if higher doses are used successively for fairly long periods of time. For me, after a period of abt 2-3 months of once a weekend, I started noticing slightly slurred speech, slowed reaction times and an overall 'mucky' feeling to my thought processes. For the most part, these kinds of things cleared up on their own in time.

I understand fully why people don't like DXM, because of its side effects and body load. However, once one learns to balance them properly, they may find DXM to be a wonderful drug with many uses!

Offlinesum_peeps
Psychedelic Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Re: DXM... [Re: Syd Barrett]
    #17967073 - 03/17/13 02:03 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Did you get the extended release? I think that is the only delsym syrup that's around and it would explain why you were still feeling it in the morning.

--------------------
A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
It said that life is but a dream.
I've spent so many years in question
to find I've known this all along.
~ '][' {[]} {[]} {[_,

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale