Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Icelander]
    #17828916 - 02/19/13 06:19 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Actually I think I  remember this now.  The leader left him alone against protocol from what I've heard and the guy died on his vomit.  Was this the guy trying to break drug or alcohol addiction?

This makes far more sense- an addict that was intoxicated on other drugs at the time, et cet.

DMT and other seretonergic hallucinogens don't strike me as the kind of thing you can be choking on your vomit on- I would think you'd be way to awake to do that unless you had swallowing problems or something.  If the guy was on depressants at the time, especially those the MAOIs would prolong the effect of or interact with, it would seem far more likely that he could suffocate on his vomit while unconscious or with reduced consciousness.

Personally I've always been very skeptical of these psychadelic addiction cures- if you can't decide while relatively sober that you need to cut out the booze/opoids/whatever, I don't know what some hallucinogen is going to do for you.  If you have the self insight to take the hallucinogen in the first place to examine your addiction, it seems like you'd allready have the motivation to quit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: johnm214]
    #17830971 - 02/19/13 03:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I've read anecdotal experiences with Ibogaine where it apparently eliminated all cravings for heroin after the trip, which obviously would be extremely useful. One cannot accomplish the same thing through thought alone.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: deCypher]
    #17831403 - 02/19/13 04:53 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

it apparently eliminated all cravings for heroin after the trip

QFT

I just want to meet someone who is in contact with the spirits that I am experiencing.  I want healing and consider entheogens but I've gotten myself into a new world.  Its a lonely place.  I want a connection to Love.  Or the source.  I feel corked and trapped in my body.  I don't like this creepy DMT church but in the right mind frame I think things could go well.  I believe.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #17833990 - 02/20/13 02:34 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

you never thought of going down Peru to find help from an Ayahuescero?

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: zzripz]
    #17834437 - 02/20/13 07:07 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Dont' think I could afford it...

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #17834967 - 02/20/13 10:11 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

yeah. its fo the rich niggas alright

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Satyapriya]
    #17845987 - 02/22/13 07:09 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Anymore I like taking psychedelics alone

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: AIRDOG]
    #17865447 - 02/25/13 07:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AIRDOG said:
if the shaman is juan ruiz you should not take the ceremony at all... they are demons in the dress of angels and they want to mind control you and get your energy

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Shrooomtastic said:
i got the distinct feeling that they we're channeling some sort of dark energy.. either that, or stealing people's energy and diverting it into the shaman.

Interesting... I wouldn't completely dismiss this as paranoia.  Cool trip report!

I told you that shit from the start... aya cult is sinister shit.... it was not only a personal shit with what i told you about this shaman... most of new age aya cults are this mind control bullshit... they had a great friend of mine subdued to them for like a year... they make them worship the shamans who steal their energy... they are cheaters and satyrs

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: AIRDOG]
    #17867351 - 02/26/13 02:48 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

After your experience, how do you trip now? What have you learned regarding psychedelic experience, and ways to experience it that don't manipulate the person---if you get me?

Edited by zzripz (02/26/13 02:48 AM)

Offlinelilibra
Stranger
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: johnm214]
    #17929636 - 03/09/13 03:39 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

OK PLEASE I JUST WANT THE EMAIL TO TALK TO THE PEOPLE FROM THE CHURCH
I MAKE DAIME WORKS SINCE I WAS BORN AND I AM LIVING IN THE US AND I WANT TO GO WHILE I AM HERE. I ALREADY READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS BUT I CANT FIND IT
PLEASE HELP?

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: lilibra]
    #17930326 - 03/09/13 06:00 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

It's called google man.

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

InvisibleLittleDipster
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Cactilove]
    #17930681 - 03/09/13 07:09 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

this shit is getting less and less surprising to me

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #17967206 - 03/17/13 03:22 AM (11 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
After your experience, how do you trip now? What have you learned regarding psychedelic experience, and ways to experience it that don't manipulate the person---if you get me?

I trip solo now lol

Haven't done ayahuasca since then, nor do I have much desire to as it tasted disgusting. I have done shrooms a few times since then in the mountains here in California and have had some great experiences. The benefit is practically the same for me when comparing the two. I feel like a lot is released and feel lighter afterwards.

How to avoid external manipulation? Block out as much of the brainwashed world and media as you possibly can. Disassociate from certain people if you have to. Turn off the TV. Subscribe to independent news sources on Facebook. Go within as often as possible.

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

#17967595 - 03/17/13 07:28 AM (11 years, 14 days ago)

I VERY much am with you about the amazing value of tripping in nature. However, about watching TV. I know what you mean, but what I have discovered is that when I have found myself watching scenes you couldn't see in your own surroundings, this can have a deep effect on you also. ALSO if say I have found meself watching documentaries about serious issues like war, I feel I can see infinitely more directly into the meaning of it that ordinarily and this gives me sights that I then integrate into my life.
One exacmple was watching this documentary about the Israeli and Palestinian conflict and really seeing how nature connects all these human who for whatever reason are in conflict with each other because of absurd beliefs. When really if they all got together and eat some shrooms they would feel and see how NATURE--in the deepest meaning of that meaning--is what connects us. it is one thing intellectualizing about this but when you see it it has deep effect on you. So TV CAN be a fucker true, but it depends how it is watched

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#17967802 - 03/17/13 09:25 AM (11 years, 14 days ago)

I agree.

And, I also agree that there would at least be a common thread if they all ate shrooms.  I swear it would fulfill some type of prophecy for them all.

Offlinevirtusvelox
Stranger
Male

Loc: WA Flag
    #18596157 - 07/22/13 07:09 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FishOilTheKid said:*edited for brevity only*

I just want to meet someone who is in contact with the spirits that I am experiencing.  I want healing and consider entheogens but I've gotten myself into a new world.  Its a lonely place.  I want a connection to Love.  Or the source.  I feel corked and trapped in my body.  I don't like this creepy DMT church but in the right mind frame I think things could go well.  I believe.

New member here, I recently returned from the church folks seem to be down on.
I had an excellent, spiritual experience beyond anything acid ever showed me or shrooms. I was very happy that the guardians were there, their presence normalized vibrations that were totally headed to some 'beyond-here-therebe-Dragons' places :smirk:
Your body experience is a necessary part of your life, if it becomes a blockage, address it face on, Aya will help. Always check your set and setting, crucial. Get off the meds, crucial; that crap in your system mixed with a ceremony could put you down for the count.
Eat right, study, remain reverent, avoid sex for 3 days prior and 3 days after...starting to go on here, just be of good cheer, know you've chosen right for you and go forth and modify and magnify your life. Ayahuasca will help..Santo Daime is simply translated, holy give me.
Remember to use language of healing, it works. One, lack of knowledge, viewing should not encourage folks to condemn the Santo Daime. They are a true out growth of Gaia's attempts to gain our attention.
So hang in there FishOilTheKid, those are good folks there. I will return as a participant again and to learn there, it is not my intent to become a member. That is not my path, but lordy I do thank Gaia for the lovely oasis's she is allowing to pop up all over the world, sure are allot :mushroom2:

--------------------
Time: Nature's way of making sure, everything doesn't happen at once!

Offlinecannonballz
Stranger
    #19566651 - 02/14/14 02:40 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, I've been trying to get in touch with the Daime since I lived back in Philadelphia.. I'm now on the west coast and only like 3 hours from ashland, OR. Is there any way you can hook me up with a way to contact them? I'm ready to go but I don't just wanna show up, especially after reading your post.. Please any contact info would be so appreciated. I've been digging al over the internet but cant seem to get in touch with them. The closest I got was an email to the church in brazil. Thanks Jason
cannonball2027@gmail.com

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: cannonballz]
    #19566660 - 02/14/14 02:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Dude- don't put your email on here. Send it in a private message.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineERNIE_VEGAS
Stranger
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: a2thej]
    #21142305 - 01/19/15 01:07 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I am in Southern California and was in the process of finding a place more accessible to partake of the sacred substance than the rain forest and found the place in Ashland Oregon. But then I read the post about the church in Northern California.

Can you please provide the name and contact info for this church?

Thank you

OfflineVineLover
Stranger
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: ERNIE_VEGAS]
    #21345503 - 02/28/15 06:59 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

I moved to Ashland not long ago and I would be interested in meeting people who are into Ayahuasca and things like that. My solo practice has been working pretty well for me. I have mixed feelings about doing the actual drinking with a group. It seems like a group environment like this could work for some experienced drinkers, but for a first timer this sounds like insanity.

I would guess that the brew might have been heavy on vine and light on leaf. The idea of singing and talking to people throughout the experience seems impossible to me. You should be completely physically incapacitated if you break though. In one dream I had to retrieve various body parts before I could move again. If I tried to speak to somebody I would be speaking in tongues (I do this almost every time).Even if the brew was strong, I am not surprised that the OP didn't report that many psychedelic effects besides paranoia (or an enhanced ability to pick up on bad energy?). In my experience ayahuasca does not produce much in the way of open eye visuals and if you have to get up and walk around the effects are temporarily reduced. The natural inclination is to lie down. What happens when you close your eyes is indescribable. It's sort of like mushrooms in a way, but much more valuable IMHO. The OP said the lights bothered him. This is not surprising. The environment and activity does seem to be unsuited for the effects of the brew. I can't even imagine wearing clothes while affected.  Any bright light would be unbearable. Fluorescent tubes would be 10 times worse.

I think that the OP was wise to trust his judgement and be independent and assertive. This is just one person's experience though. The fact that they wanted to keep an eye on him and not have him leave the building makes perfect sense. They don't want any accidents, publicity, or anything which would endanger the legal status of the church. Walking around in public under the influence of Ayahuasca seems like the most irresponsible thing I can imagine. They should offer a quiet dark space as an option for people who are overwhelmed, but they are justified in wanting control over the situation. If there was cult-like behaviour afterwards trying to suck you in, I would certainly run. The OP did say that he was strongly biased against anything Christian and he had some idea what he was getting into. I don't know about wearing white specifically, but I think that rituals are essential for the use of these plants, whether they come from a shared tradition or they are deeply personal. The group thing seems strange to me, but I'm sure that if you got into the singing and everything it could make for a powerful experience and strong connections. I stopped listening to canned music in my personal sessions though because it drowns out the cosmic symphony. That music is the central part of the experience and it is certainly not simple or all in the key of C. 

I would have considered attending a ceremony, but this report along with a dream I had recently make me think that it might not be a good idea. I would have probably died of suicide if I hadn't discovered ayahuasca years ago, but I do sometimes feel isolated having this kind of experience when most people don't get past TV, social media, pop culture, and maybe getting tanked now and then. I am feeling the need for a spiritual community, but I would be pretty disappointed if I also found members of Santo Daime to not meet my expectations of how an enlightened person should behave. Like the OP, I can get paranoid and uncomfortable in social situations when I am sober. Doing psychedelics with friends I always think "I know I can handle my trip, but I wonder if they can. Are they having a bad trip?". My worry and concern for the others gets to be overwhelming. People vomiting could increase these feelings. I don't vomit from the brew, but for a few seconds at one point in the experience I get the feeling that things are going to suddenly and violently come out the other end. These feelings have always passed quickly without incident.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract