Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: smurfbury]
    #17613004 - 01/26/13 08:27 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If caffiene causes anxiety this would be explain my anxiety for the last 4years.5years.6years...my entire life.

I am an energy drink addict and I honestly don't know what non caffeinated life is like. Hope you can quit! I might try to, im inspired.

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: LysergicX7]
    #17613019 - 01/26/13 08:34 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I like caffeine.  Overall, its stimulatory and a performance enhancer.  Other than mild withdrawal symptoms, there aren't really any chronic, adverse effects from it.  Sure, if you dose too high you'll experience acute effects, but in the form of coffee that's easy to avoid.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: badchad]
    #17613049 - 01/26/13 08:49 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I just recently quit coffee. My caffeine use goes in phases, although I know I'm better without it it's hard to stay away. This last time I quit I too did it because of it exacerbating my anxiety. My withdrawals weren't nearly as bad as normal and I'm wondering if it's because of the aniracetam that I've been taking. For me the headaches usually get bad about 48 hours off and stay real bad until about 72 hours and last total about a week or so. You'll be fine. It sucks, but just do it. Take some APAP or something if the headaches get too bad.

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: bryguy27007]
    #17613057 - 01/26/13 08:51 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Without stimulants im fucked

--------------------

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17613090 - 01/26/13 09:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I recently learned that the majority of coffee beans have molds known as micotoxins present which is the main cause for te crash and ill effects after consuming coffee. They make mold free coffee. (I myself haven't put it to the test)

But I have i the past quit coffee for a short period of time and
without a doubt noticed a substantial difference.
But fuck do I love coffee.
I'm about to brew up a pot.

OfflineRiparianZoneJunky
hunter/gatherer
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: bryguy27007]
    #17613092 - 01/26/13 09:04 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:
I just recently quit coffee. My caffeine use goes in phases, although I know I'm better without it it's hard to stay away. This last time I quit I too did it because of it exacerbating my anxiety. My withdrawals weren't nearly as bad as normal and I'm wondering if it's because of the aniracetam that I've been taking. For me the headaches usually get bad about 48 hours off and stay real bad until about 72 hours and last total about a week or so. You'll be fine. It sucks, but just do it. Take some APAP or something if the headaches get too bad.

Aniracetam is awesome, I feel it gives you the clarity and boost of caffeine without the jitters.

--------------------
RZJ's Tea Tek
RZJ's Tradelist

OfflineCan-i-bus
Melting

Loc: WA Flag
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: RiparianZoneJunky]
    #17613196 - 01/26/13 09:46 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I quit caffeine cold turkey 1.5 months ago....that shit was hard. Definitely harder than quitting weed. I had a migraine for 2 straight weeks and fatigue every waking hour of every day. I was drinking at least 300-500mg worth for 5 years daily.

Now I feel better than ever, and my anxiety has almost completely disappeared. My resting heart rate has dropped 15 BPM....and my BP is lower. Good luck OP

Edited by Can-i-bus (01/26/13 09:48 AM)

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: Asante]
    #17613286 - 01/26/13 10:12 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Oi, good luck man. even though i'm aware of everything you've said in your OP, i just don't have the desire to stop drinking coffee. it's a morning ritual for me and i'm not ready to give that up. maybe someday though! about a year back i gave it up for a few days for no real reason. i was pretty tired but that was it.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: Asante]
    #17613489 - 01/26/13 11:17 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Then I read this piece by a doctor that says that if you drink one cup of coffee, you're basically in mild withdrawal most of the day.  Ugh, that would explain things. He wnt on to explain that a habitual coffee drinker doesnt really get very stimulated by his cup anymore, rather, its more a daily return from withdrawal to normalcy.

one study says that it's personality dependent, with extroverts it's a mild
depressant, with introverts it's a stimulant. I've drank coffee for 40 years
without ever becoming jittery or anything even after taking a break for weeks

Quote:

In the 15 years I drink coffee I had one period of a few days where I didnt drink coffee.  I was tired, weak and dysphoric like shit. Really not looking forward to it but I wanna know what life's like without a daily stimulant up my veins.

Are you experienced with quitting coffee?

never 'quit' per se, I do occasionally go for days without drinking anything
caffeinated, sometimes I get a mild headache sometimes I dont but that's
about the extent of the withdrawal

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #17613523 - 01/26/13 11:25 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

go ahead and quit, i do it all the time :biggrin::thumbup:

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #17613524 - 01/26/13 11:25 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

I love myself a nice warm cup of coffee in the morning. I have the gourmet shit, the super tasty coffees so its quite a treat for the palate.

HOWEVER!

I'm starting to get the feeling caffeine gives me anxiety and circulatory issues. For the past week and a half I switched to drinking half a cup of coffee and felt better in regard to stress, anxiety and body high.

Then I read this piece by a doctor that says that if you drink one cup of coffee, you're basically in mild withdrawal most of the day.  Ugh, that would explain things. He wnt on to explain that a habitual coffee drinker doesnt really get very stimulated by his cup anymore, rather, its more a daily return from withdrawal to normalcy.

If you quit caffeine tou get tired as hell, get headaches and similar issues, coming up a few hours after the last cup, intensifying until the second day and lasting 2-9 days, typically half a week to a week.

In the 15 years I drink coffee I had one period of a few days where I didnt drink coffee.  I was tired, weak and dysphoric like shit. Really not looking forward to it but I wanna know what life's like without a daily stimulant up my veins.

Are you experienced with quitting coffee?  Have you quit?  What was your habit, how hard was it and what were  the benefits?

I can read papers till blue in the face but I prefer firsthand accounts of people who actually (tried to) quit.

Motivate me!

Quitting coffee is one of the best things you could do to your body. Its an unnecessary stimulant.

Replace a cup of coffee by an apple in the morning and you will feel more awake than with coffee. You'll get the headaches for a week or so and you'll actually figure out a way to justify stabbing somebody several times. But it'll pass.

If you have it in you to take it a step further remplace your coffee with

- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of rasberries
- a banana
- an apple.

The combination of these fruits will work wonders for you and you notice that you will have more energy, you won't crash in the afternoon, you'll sleep like a baby and poop like a champ. Plus you'll fill your body with nutrients, antioxidants and you'll gain all the benefits such as, better heart health, cancer protection, antiinflamatory effects, high levels of serotonins and dopamines, etc.

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (01/26/13 11:30 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #17613538 - 01/26/13 11:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quitting coffee is one of the best things you could do to your body. Its an unnecessary stimulant.

lies, all lies!

Quote:

Replace a cup of coffee by stabbing somebody several times.

yes, that usually helps the withdrawal symptoms

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17613617 - 01/26/13 11:50 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/why-bad-coffee-makes-you-weak/
Why Bad Coffee Makes You Weak
Good coffee is magic.

It can promote brain function, memory, and energy levels.  It can serve as a massive source of antioxidants and is associated with all sorts of positive health outcomes.  Coffee can even effect your body and mind like Chi Gong exercises.  It can even help you build muscle without exercising. However, the wrong coffee can sap your health and hurt your performance.

When I started using espresso in college, I got the highest calculus grades of my life. However, I also had severe joint pain, jitters, anxiety, and (although I didn’t know it) I was about to get brain fog. Even bad coffee was an improvement for me then. But after I biohacked myself, I got used to feeling great.

The only problem is that I didn’t feel so great when I drink coffee anymore. Sure, I would get a caffeine driven burst of energy but then I would feel edgy, cranky, and often my joint pain would return. And when the coffee wore off, I was useless mentally.

I thought the negative effects were simply a compromise I would have to live with in order to enjoy coffee.  Strangely, I didn’t get these problems with every type of coffee.  When I traveled to Europe, I could more often enjoy coffee without any of the negative side effects. So I gave up coffee for 5 very long years.

After years of researching ways I could return to the hot, bitter arms of my great love (coffee, ahem), I finally uncovered the secret to my acute onset coffee malaise.

Why Bad Coffee Is Bad For You

Sometimes your taste buds know best.

You don’t like the taste of bad coffee for the same reason you don’t like the taste of gasoline: your body is telling you it’s toxic.

The data on coffee consumption goes back and forth.  Some studies show health benefits, while others show negative outcomes.  This might seem confusing, but the reason is simple: bad coffee is bad for you, and scientists suck at differentiating types of coffee when they run studies on coffee.

Studies on coffee and health don’t control for processing methods or the source of the beans.  This means the coffee beans are almost always contaminated with mycotoxins.  Mycotoxins are damaging compounds created by molds which grow on coffee beans (among other things).  These compounds cause all sorts of health problems like cardiomyopathy, cancer, hypertension, kidney disease, and even brain damage.  They also make your coffee taste bitter, like it needs sugar.

Some types of coffee have more mycotoxins than others, which is why you see some studies showing a benefit to drinking coffee, and others showing negative health outcomes.  The problem isn’t coffee per se, it’s the mold on your coffee. It even can vary by individual batch, especially for large coffee producers. (like ones with big ugly green logos on every street corner)

Mycotoxins are in almost all low quality brands of coffee.  One study showed that 91.7% of green coffee beans were contaminated with mold.  This is before they were processed, which allows even more mold to grow.  Another study showed 52% of green coffee beans and almost 50 percent of brewed coffees are moldy.  Coffee is easily one of the largest sources of mycotoxins in the food supply.

OfflineUKBen
this shits confusing
Male User Gallery

Loc: South, West. Wiltshire wo...
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: T-Rex]
    #17613664 - 01/26/13 12:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Wow i dont really think about it i havnt had a cup of coffee in like 3 weeks, i only like it with a zoot first thing in the morning. Mmmm

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #17613785 - 01/26/13 12:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Wiccan - I have been trying to quit coffee for good for the past 2 years.  :uhoh:  It has turned out, above all else, to be my biggest vice.  I love the ritual of it in the morning, and I love the taste.  I don't really like the way it makes me feel or how it effects my sleep quality and stress levels though.  The longest I've gone off coffee in the past 2 years is probably approximately 6 weeks.  Whenever I am off it for a considerable length of time I sleep better, eat healthier, exercise more, have less stress/anxiety, have better focus, energy and mental clarity. 

For me, the tapering method has worked really well.  There are lots of different ways to taper off, here's a good one I found recently:

http://www.drfranklipman.com/kick-caffeine-the-easy-way/

I can stand decaf coffee though, and I get the headaches and brain fog REALLY bad so I usually ween myself off with black tea then green tea then completely off caffeine.

I was finishing a cup of hazelnut coffee with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2 as I wrote this, btw.  Starting to ween on monday in preparation for an ayahuasca ceremony at the end of February....

Good luck!!!

:bunnypeace:

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
    #17613839 - 01/26/13 12:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

In few of those Gerson Therapy movies I've seen they say that juicing helps with the lethargy associated with quitting caffeine.

May want to buy a juicer and start juicing fruits and veggies if you're not already.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: FooMan]
    #17613851 - 01/26/13 12:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

my #1 cure for not drinking coffee is just sleeping in, basically canceling my whole routine. The withdrawal only lasts about 3 days for me.  It just takes a little self control, you gotta get over the nervous impulse to go make a cup.  That being said i want to make more now :kingtard:

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineConnoisseur

#17614028 - 01/26/13 01:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If tis not doing the trick for you anymore try an alternative :shrug:

OfflineTemnozor
Stranger
Male

Loc: Over the Rainbow
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: Dork]
    #17614034 - 01/26/13 01:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

consumesomeshrooms said:
does tea actually give you enough caffeine to feel it? i never notice when i drink tea

Tea usually has about three times less caffeine than coffee

--------------------

"But they all do sort of the same thing, and that is rearrange what you thought was real, and they remind you of the beauty of very simple things"

OfflineCan-i-bus
Melting

Loc: WA Flag
Re: I'm thinking of quitting coffee (and tea and caffeine pills, no cheating!) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17614060 - 01/26/13 01:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

one study says that it's personality dependent, with extroverts it's a mild
depressant, with introverts it's a stimulant. I've drank coffee for 40 years
without ever becoming jittery or anything even after taking a break for weeks

Quote:

Are you experienced with quitting coffee?

never 'quit' per se, I do occasionally go for days without drinking anything
caffeinated, sometimes I get a mild headache sometimes I dont but that's
about the extent of the withdrawal

Caffeine is in no way a depressant.... It's an anti-depressant. The mechanism of action is the same in all people, introvert or extrovert. Adenosine is adenosine....

Quote:

Adenosine acts as an inhibitor neurotransmitter that suppresses activity in the central nervous system. Consumption of caffeine antagonizes adenosine and increases activity in neurotransmission including acetylcholine, epinephrine, dopamine, serotonin, glutamate, norepinephrine, cortisol, and in higher doses, endorphins which explains the analgesic effect to some users. At very high doses (exceeding 500 milligrams) caffeine inhibits GABA neurotransmission. This evidence explains why caffeine causes anxiety, insomnia, rapid heart and respiration rate.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order