Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineterric
Male

Christians * 3
    #17595365 - 01/23/13 08:58 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

So, i work for my father and we were spraying an older couple's house. As i sprayed they got into a debate about corrupt churches - my father thinks there is not a church pure enough for our family and the lady attends many churches. When i finished i was standing there waiting to leave and the woman says "So your son doesn't attend church?" Then gave me an odd stare. I am twenty but i look about sixteen so i could understand how she would think it is still my father's responsibility to "Set me upon the righteous path". All i did was smile politely and she went on to lecture me about attending church andpure becoming saved. I am agnostic and found it kind of offensive how hard she was shoving Jesus down my throat. What is up with most Christians? Im not bashing, i believe everyone has freedom of religion; I just find Christians judge a book by its cover more than most.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: Christians [Re: terric] * 3
    #17595382 - 01/23/13 09:04 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My dad is a Pastor, so it is always interesting when we are in public and he sees someone he knows from church. Always introduces me as the other son. Nobody ever tries to force Christianity down my throat because I tell them to fuck off. I do it in a polite way, but you still have to be assertive about your own beliefs on the subject.

There are plenty of churches out there that are corrupt, but most the churches you will find are generous and they do help people get back on the right track.

Offlineterric
Male

Re: Christians [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #17595402 - 01/23/13 09:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I would like to assert my views but if i did i am positive it would offend the customer as well as my dad. Why? Simply because they are closed-minded christians like the majority. I didnt say all churches are corrupt; i was stating my father's views. I believe there are some good churches as well as good christians but the majority are hypocritical and judgemental.

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Christians [Re: terric]
    #17595494 - 01/23/13 09:45 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

look at the religions history. conquering is kind of their thing.its a bummer since there is a lot of good teachings in the bible. would be the religion for me if it wasn't so extroverted and selfless beyond the "relationship with god".

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

Spawning to Bulk Substate TEK

General Myco Info / FAQ / Terminology

OfflineOld Pokey
Stranger and Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: right here
Re: Christians [Re: GreenHorns]
    #17595538 - 01/23/13 09:57 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Most strongly proselytizing Christians take it as their responsibility to keep others from the fires of hell.  They don't mean to offend, they just mistakenly believe that they have to.

The end of the Gospel of Saint Mark commands believers to spread the word.  The only problem is that part at the end was added by another author an unknown period of time after the gospel was originally written.

They mostly mean well, they are just confused.  Literalism leads inevitably to confused didactics.

--------------------
It's all mythology...

Edited by Old Pokey (01/23/13 10:00 AM)

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
    #17595543 - 01/23/13 09:58 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

terric said:
I believe there are some good churches as well as good christians but the majority are hypocritical and judgemental.

This is a rather sweeping, angst filled generalization for a young man of twenty years of age.
I am not being rude, but may I ask how many of the aforementioned churches you have been a part of long enough to make this assertion?  As well how many Christians you know on a deep, interpersonal level?
I do not agree with religion as a general rule, however I find most clergymen and religious humans are sincere in that they want to help others lead a happier, healthier life.
This being the case, I find it slightly hypocritical to judge these individuals whom you feel are judging you.
Just my opinion.

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Christians [Re: GreenHorns]
    #17595557 - 01/23/13 10:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Christianity cannibalizes other religions and smites nonbelievers as it always has.

Rather than see "the light" what you truly see in any religion is a blindfold.
I'm glad to hear your not allowing the brainwash OP.

Btw, she forced her belief down your throat because she thinks it pleases her god. :rofl:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Christians [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17595576 - 01/23/13 10:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

She didn't force anything down his throat nor did she smite anyone.  That is what Muslims do.

--------------------

OfflineGreen Tea
I Drink Green Tea
Male

Re: Christians [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #17595589 - 01/23/13 10:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Maharishi_2_U said:
Quote:

terric said:
I believe there are some good churches as well as good christians but the majority are hypocritical and judgemental.

This is a rather sweeping, angst filled generalization for a young man of twenty years of age.
I am not being rude, but may I ask how many of the aforementioned churches you have been a part of long enough to make this assertion?  As well how many Christians you know on a deep, interpersonal level?
I do not agree with religion as a general rule, however I find most clergymen and religious humans are sincere in that they want to help others lead a happier, healthier life.
This being the case, I find it slightly hypocritical to judge these individuals whom you feel are judging you.
Just my opinion.

Replace the word christians with the word religions.

The death and destruction caused by these organizations has no rival.

I'm actually surprised the guy still has a positive outlook on them given their disgusting history.

For the record, I do believe in God, but i often struggle with concept.

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Christians [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17595591 - 01/23/13 10:12 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

Offlinejjjcmzzt
That guy
Male
Loc: United States
Re: Christians [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17595633 - 01/23/13 10:23 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Christianity during medieval times was really fucked up. They slaughtered Jews and homosexuals because the popes promisedthat since they were murdering for god (the crusades), they would go to heaven. Definitely not the case anymore but my parents forced christianity down my throat, made me go to church every sunday, and all that did was make me despise christianity even more.

I believe people should FIND religion, not have someone continuously try and convert you, ot just doesnt work like that and if you look at religious numbers of the U.S., atheism is a big conteder nowadays. Plus, im sure a majority of the people who answer those surveys are the people that believe in god but never do anything with it.

In the church my parents made me go to, a lot of the people there were "saved" from addictions and bad lives. I remember one lady said she was addicted to marijuana, i laughed sooooo hard. If you cant quit marijuana then you need help.

Ill end with this picture

--------------------
Psychedelics i want to take: Mushrooms, Salvia (weak), Salvia (strong), Cannabis, LSA, Cactus, LSD, DMT, Bufotenine, 5-meo-DMT, 4-aco-DMT, Bufocin (theoretical as of now),  and a long long time from now, Datura (deliriant).

"LSD is a psychedelic substance which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people that have never taken it."

DEATH METAL \m/

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Christians [Re: jjjcmzzt]
    #17595652 - 01/23/13 10:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That sign made my day. I'm tattooing that on my fucking forehead. Maybe I'll get a Tshirt made instead.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Christians [Re: Envix]
    #17595673 - 01/23/13 10:32 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That was great.  I didn't know that Russel Brand was anything other than a pretty boy actor.  Dude is sharp.  But I didn't see the Westboro assholes chopping any heads off.  The worst they did was say I'm going to hell.  Which is not something that is going to keep my atheist ass awake all night fretting over.

--------------------

Offlinejjjcmzzt
That guy
Male
Loc: United States
Re: Christians [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17595723 - 01/23/13 10:42 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
That sign made my day. I'm tattooing that on my fucking forehead. Maybe I'll get a Tshirt made instead.

Hahaha glad to know im not the only one who enjoyed it!

That video made my day!  The funniest thing about it all is, isnt one of the KEY aspects of Christianity forgiveness of sin?

--------------------
Psychedelics i want to take: Mushrooms, Salvia (weak), Salvia (strong), Cannabis, LSA, Cactus, LSD, DMT, Bufotenine, 5-meo-DMT, 4-aco-DMT, Bufocin (theoretical as of now),  and a long long time from now, Datura (deliriant).

"LSD is a psychedelic substance which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people that have never taken it."

DEATH METAL \m/

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Christians [Re: Green Tea]
    #17595947 - 01/23/13 11:39 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Green Tea said:
Quote:

Maharishi_2_U said:
Quote:

terric said:

Just my opinion.

Replace the word christians with the word religions.

The death and destruction caused by these organizations has no rival.

I'm actually surprised the guy still has a positive outlook on them given their disgusting history.

For the record, I do believe in God, but i often struggle with concept.

:whathesaid:

OfflineBoomin907
Male

Loc: The Last Frontier
Re: Christians [Re: Maharishi_2_U] * 1
    #17595956 - 01/23/13 11:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Maharishi_2_U said:
Quote:

terric said:

Just my opinion.

I have spent a large part of my life involved in church and on church staff. I lead ministries in the church, started ministry school, did missionary work and been to plenty of churches while doing this. As said above most do genuinely want to help and have good intentions. But what I have found is these people end up very controlling and hurt a lot of people and control their lives. It's not malicious it's the western church mindset. So after years of this I left it. I'm probably the most open minded Christian you may meet. I believe in God but too many people distort the gospel to control people and to make money, it really sucks. When I spend one on one talking with people I see much of the condemnation that the church heaps on them melt away. I could write forever just my short thoughts.

--------------------
Yes I watch a lot of movies.

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along and take a hit from the bong.

I've heard money doesn't buy happiness, well it sure pays the sadness debt!

InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Christians [Re: jjjcmzzt]
    #17595961 - 01/23/13 11:41 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking about this the other day. Not only do Christians like to try to convert other people. But that isn't enough and they don't stop there.

If two Christians get together one will even want to convert the other to attend "their church" which "is the best church."

Offlineterric
Male

Re: Christians [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #17596131 - 01/23/13 12:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I have no hatred for christians because of their beliefs just people shoving their religion down my throat... which is mostly christians and be it a generalization or not they also usually judge me without knowing me because i have different beliefs. In my young twenty years i have been to many churches and my whole family is christian.

That sign is hilarious by the way.

OfflineBoomin907
Male

Loc: The Last Frontier
    #17596163 - 01/23/13 12:29 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

terric said:
I have no hatred for christians because of their beliefs just people shoving their religion down my throat... which is mostly christians and be it a generalization or not they also usually judge me without knowing me because i have different beliefs. In my young twenty years i have been to many churches and my whole family is christian.

That sign is hilarious by the way.

Basically if it really was the way most Christians believe wouldn't you be pissed they didn't do everything that they could to save you? Yes most do judge in a hurtful way.

--------------------
Yes I watch a lot of movies.

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along and take a hit from the bong.

I've heard money doesn't buy happiness, well it sure pays the sadness debt!

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Christians [Re: Boomin907] * 1
    #17596192 - 01/23/13 12:33 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You know.. I've never really had some stranger lecture me about religion or try to convert me... I've had friends/family or friends/family of friends/family try, but never a complete stranger.

I wonder what I'd do.. I'd like to think I'd have fun with it and make them regret trying to start a religious conversation with me. But the only times I really go out, are when I have to go to the store or something and then I'm not really in the mood to stand around chatting.. I just wanna get my shit and get home.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder