Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinevolcomYAE23
What up
A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber
    #1752823 - 07/27/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was looking around and i saw this, http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?sku=7926290026&dept_id=%2D2

I was wondering how it would work for a fruiting chamber?

Edited by volcomYAE23 (07/27/03 11:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber [Re: volcomYAE23]
    #1753483 - 07/27/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes it dose work and I wrote a tek about it.It will work for air exchange and humidity for up to a 55gal containter if you want more info vist this link

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1753670&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (07/27/03 05:32 PM)

OfflinevolcomYAE23
What up
Re: A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1753555 - 07/27/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hows the humidity in the tank/container? I read the link you gave me, i wanted to know how well it runs/works...

thx

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1753610 - 07/27/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well It runs off a fish tank air pump and tubbing.I found it kept the humidity up good in the snall to med tupperware containers with out perlite added but if you use a bigger container you may need to add some perlite to get 100% humidity in the grow chamber.I only tried it in a container that measures 23x16x10 for a grow chamber and my humidity guage said "HI" so my guess is it should be around 100% humidity inside the grow chamber.Like I said if you put the fish tank air pump in a filter air tight box it will force clean air in the grow chamber and if you use some h202(hydrogen peroxide) in the clean/distilled water that will also cut down on contams and it can run straight for up to 12 hours.You may have to put it on a timer if needed to get the humidity level just right.Yeah so it takes care of the air exchange and humidity and it's pretty much

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinevolcomYAE23
What up
Re: A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1753627 - 07/27/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I guess i might pick one up then, thx for the help

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1753632 - 07/27/03 05:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is the other big chamber with the small hole drilled in the side.Your temp gauge can read inside and outside temp as well as inside humidity. Place the gauge inside the chamber to monitor the humidity like so. You want the readout to say "HI". Once you have seen that you have reached 95% humidity. The gauge itself reads the temp/humidity and the little gauge on the wire can read inside the box when the regular gauge is outside the box.

This is the hose that comes from your humidifier to provide moist clean air to your grow chamber. Simply attach the hose to the rod if it is not already attached for you. You can position however you like inside the chamber. Just tape it to the side with some good, strong tape and make sure not to cover any of the holes on the rod.

This is your filter box. This holds your air pump and all of your hoses. It's purpose is to make sure that the air flowing into your grow chamber is filtered properly to ensure that there are no contaminates flowing in. You should not have to set anything up for this. Just set it to the side and make sure that these hoses are correct:

Both of the air hoses coming from the air pump are leading into the intake of this device. Then the outtake hose should be leading to your humidifier:

This is the humidifier. It has an intake and an outtake. The outtake hose leading from the previous device should be leading into the intake of the humidifier. That is the hose with the little blue ball on it. (This is a water diffuser) This means that the air pump is blowing both of it's air holes into the humidifier. The outtake hose on the humidifier should be connected with the hose that goes to the grow chamber. Fill the humidifier with spring water and screw on the top.

This is your timer. Simply follow the instructions on the back.I recommend that you have the chamber cycle for one hour every 8 hours.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1753634 - 07/27/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

your welcome :smile:

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinevolcomYAE23
What up
    #1753644 - 07/27/03 05:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ohh alright, those pictures really helped, thx again!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1754360 - 07/27/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

no problem man only too glad to help

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflineSirHaze
Stranger
    #1755012 - 07/28/03 03:59 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

before you buy this product please read these reviews

http://forum.kingsnake.com/arrowfrog/messages/16317.html

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1755944 - 07/28/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They work great . Have one hooked up to 4 ten gallon tanks . To aid in controlling RH add in a timer a play with it till you get it right .
Keep distileed water mixed with 20:1 ratio of peroxide to keep contams at bay . Also change tubing and wand every couple of months to keep nasties from growing there . Use an adjustable volume pump 30-80 gallon tank sized pump . I made some posts with pics some time ago , not sure where those posts are now .
I think it was one of my best investments since growing mushies !
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinemerlink
IntergalacticTraveler

Re: A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber [Re: tripndicular]
    #1756100 - 07/28/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

From forum.kingsnake.com (SirHaze's post):

"I have one and found it to be just about useless. Did not raise the humidity at ALL and even with a pump slightly stronger than that recommended the air coming out was faint and barely able to be felt with my hand. I had to put it up to my lip to make sure air was even coming out...and the pump (a Rena) which is supposed to be quiet...not quiet in my opinion. I would not recommend one to raise humidity because it won't (maybe in a tiny tank). It might be of use only if you have a closed tank and no ventilation fans to provide fresh air over time."

HMmm.. Makes me kinda leary of getting one.. Not to ask for you supporters to give a signed statement of the products quality -- but can you say a few more good things about the product (possibly counterbalancing the complaints) justifying the purchase of such an item, i'd greatly appreciate it.

--------------------
"Once you have an experience, you experience it for the rest of your life ? as time is a man-made relativity, expiration of experience is a thought." - Merlin

OfflinevolcomYAE23
What up
Re: A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber [Re: merlink]
    #1756250 - 07/28/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

now im not sure if i want to get one, it looked like a great product at first, at a great price!

I guess i need to look into it more.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber [Re: merlink]
    #1756582 - 07/28/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Shit I have troubles keeping the humidity below 95% , and I live where it is very hot and dry all year long . So who ever cant figure out how to make it work is a fool !
From moment of start up it does take a couple of hours to get rh in the range you need for mush growth , but once you do it will maintain the rh , as far as air exchange , I have holes cut in bottomof tanks that allows c02 to escape , no need to fan , prior to the holes I manually fanned several times a day to remove c02 , the mild swings in rh were no problem . For the hell of it I hooked it up to my 75 gal tank 3 hours ago , the rh right now is at 78% and steadily climbing . It does matter how much ventilation you allow for , but in a closed tank with a "lexan" lid it will make more humidity than one needs to grow mushies !
Great product IMO !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (07/28/03 03:06 PM)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: A TropicAire Humidifier and Air Exchanger for chamber [Re: tripndicular]
    #1756654 - 07/28/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you lost me somewhere along the lines hahah are you still talking about the TropicAire Humidifier tripndicular?

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck