Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlinewebpaige
Stranger

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: BlueIndian]
    #17519210 - 01/08/13 07:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Here is a news clip from our local station here in Houston that sort of sums up where we stand. This was from several months ago before this happens to Emily,  but Worth a watch..
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/html5/video?id=8645704&pid=null§ion=null

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: Blindtheeye]
    #17520056 - 01/08/13 11:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Idk what is more sad the fact this happened or the fact she I sent being given piracetum to help reverse the brain injury. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. Doctors are so fucking stupid...

Come on shroomery! We got to get the word out about nootropics, especially to people that need them most

OfflineAlexD
Stranger

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: BlueIndian]
    #17520671 - 01/09/13 04:42 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BlueIndian said:
I'll say again. I know someone in their late 40's that is no stranger to substances and pretty much this happened to them but less severe. Still required emergency surgery to release swelling on the brain and months of rehab. Webpaige...keep getting the word out. People need to know about the real consequences. IMO the pics will help get the damn point across. That's why they take some kids on a tour of the morgue...to show them where their ass is likely to end up!!

Doubters...shut up. Quit questioning if this particular story is real. Stop picking apart what someone is trying to do for the good of misdirected kids. If you are doubting the legit side of this story I bet you defend the pathetic industry of spraying god knows what on potporroui and selling it as something worth smoking. Kids...stop being dumbasses!

No sir you shut up. Your smart ass will end up in a morgue sooner or later anyway, one way or another. Getting the information out doesn't equal scare tactics. Morgues are filled with car crash corpses, should you scare your kid into only riding a bus? The point of life is not to live longer, it's to live it to the fullest and free of fear in an enviroment where all kinds of dumb asses try to scare you into something cause they are emotional wrecks themselves already.

In fact it's precisely because you act like this that kids don't take any of your shit seriously. It may well be a good idea to stay off these spice chemicals but kids these days don't have a balanced source of information to guide them through life, all they have is a bunch of hysterical paranoiacs.

Edited by AlexD (01/09/13 05:17 AM)

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: AlexD]
    #17524303 - 01/09/13 07:17 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kids...stop being dumbasses!

Alex, this means you.  It's not a shouting contest where the loudest dumbshit wins okay?

Offlinewebpaige
Stranger

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: travelleler]
    #17525234 - 01/09/13 10:13 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This finally hit two of our local new stations tonight... SAFE is just getting started. Props to the family for tackling this when they are going through so much.. <3

http://www.khou.com/home/Family-issues-warning-after-teen-suffers-severe-brain-damage-from-synthetic-marijuana-186227112.html

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/20548980/2013/01/09/17-year-old-fighting-for-her-life-after-smoking-synthetic-marijuana

OfflineRev Drucifer
Stranger

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: AlexD]
    #17526076 - 01/10/13 02:02 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AlexD said:
The point of life is not to live longer, it's to live it to the fullest and free of fear in an enviroment where all kinds of dumb asses try to scare you into something cause they are emotional wrecks themselves already.

Finally, after years of soul searching, studying various religions, meditation and spiritual development, I have found the true point of life within the angry text of one human being trying to censor another.

I think the only "emotional wrecks" related to this thread are the family/friends of Emily.

I moved here to Florida 9 months ago and I was floored at the amount of 'incense' being sold in stores. I was stoked! I tried some once before in another state and was rather impressed with how weed-like it actually was. I even got the munchies!

So while getting gas one night, I decided to grab a packet of some incense called 'Evil Clown', just for shits and giggles. I would say I'm a rather experienced substance user, especially when it comes to marijuana. Aside from crystal meth and RC's, I've done it....and a lot of it.

I learned my lesson with salvia in the past and took a very small hit of this Evil Clown stuff. IMMEDIATELY after it felt like all my teeth were falling out, a metallic taste filled my mouth and my heart rate SKYROCKETED. I kept calm and reminded myself it was just a drug and it would fade...which it did, but only after a good 15 minutes of extreme anxiety, profuse sweating, prickling feelings randomly popping across my head and labored breathing.

My girlfriend was not around when I did this and all I told her after was "It's not for me, felt really unnatural, thought I'd lose my mind for a bit.", I figured that would be more than enough to make her not want to do it. Guess it wasn't because when I was coming back from the laundry room, she was putting the bowl down after taking a hit.

Nothing happened at first, we were just watching tv and I realized she hadn't said a word or laughed in about 5 minutes (we were watching The Office...you can't not laugh every 30 seconds on that show...).
I asked her if she was ok and she didn't move at all, she just lay there with her head resting on my leg. I bent down to look her in the face and I could see her pupils were HUGE and her eyes looked frightful, but she wasn't saying anything. She slowly sat up and it took her a good 2 minutes to slowly say "I think I need to go to the hospital.".

She couldn't stand, she could barely speak, she was sweating profusely, grabbing at anything to hold her up, even though she was sitting, breathing was extremely heavy. I started talking her down like you would to someone having a bad trip and it wasn't working.

We were about 30 seconds from the hospital when she said she didn't want to go and was feeling better. Even then, she barely spoke all night. She said she honestly didn't know if she was alive or dead after she put her head down on my lap, could hear me talking but didn't know how to respond, physically or mentally. Same metallic taste in her mouth.

I took maybe 25% of a normal sized hit and she took a full hit (she's never held hits in very long). If that kind of shit happened to us with that small of an amount (regular Bic and a bowl....no torch/bong), I'd hate to see what would happen to someone just going for it like they would weed. If I would have taken a single FULL hit and held it like I do pot, I'd most likely be dead. There's no way my heart could have taken more than it did in those 15 minutes.

There is no responsible/irresponsible way to take these drugs when we have NO CLUE what they can do to us. To say "drugs really only have serious consequences when used irresponsibly" is one of the most irresponsible statements a person can make.

I think it's EXTREMELY important for people to know about the effects of ANY substance. Good, bad and in between. I also believe that if marijuana were completely legal, these synthetics wouldn't be around, but they're already out there and they'll continue to be made as long as someone is willing to pay for them. Doesn't matter if weed is legal or not at this point.

Sure, less people will buy the fake stuff if they can get the real stuff, but if the real stuff isn't available at the time they want it, if it's available, they'll get the fake stuff.

I hope SAFE reaches some people and prevents further incidents like this. I can't tell anyone the point of life, but I'm quite sure it's got nothing to do with respirators and feeding tubes.

Good luck to Emily and her family/friends.

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: [TX] Houston girl suffers strokes from synthetic mj [Re: travelleler] * 2
    #17527522 - 01/10/13 12:24 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/12/22 07:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom