Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, St. John's Wort

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesnadasky
Stranger
Herbal tea for nerve pain
    #17464484 - 12/29/12 03:24 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

My grandfather has been suffering from lower back and leg pain for a few months now. 

He has been to the doctor quite a few times and he has had two sessions of injections at the doctor with just a bit of relief in the days following.  The pain swiftly comes back. 

The Doctor diagnosed it as a nerve condition and he has Vicodin for the pain.  But he hates using pain med and they have little effect as it is. 

He has quite a bit trouble sleeping now and stays up late needing hours to relax to the point where he can finally drift off to a bad sleep.

At night he drinks a chamomile tea to calm him and relax his mind while he plays a solitaire game to keep his mind from the pain. 

I was wondering if there where any other herbs that i could find for him that would help him both with the pain and with the sleep. 

Erowid seems to be relatively incomplete when it comes to information regarding herbs and only mentions st john's wort. 

I would truly appreciate any knowledge any one has in this regard. 

Thank you

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: Herbal tea for nerve pain [Re: snadasky]
    #17465004 - 12/29/12 09:13 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Doesn't appear to be electrolytes. If it was, a 1/2 cup home made solution from WebMD would have effects within 30 minutes, in my experience.

Here's their formula:
1 quart (950 mL) water
½ teaspoon (2.5 g) baking soda
½ teaspoon (2.5 g) table salt
¼ teaspoon (1.25 g) salt substitute (potassium-based), such as Lite Salt or Morton Salt Substitute
2 tablespoons (30 g) sugar

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #17465297 - 12/29/12 11:07 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

snadasky said:
My grandfather has been suffering from lower back and leg pain for a few months now. 

He has been to the doctor quite a few times and he has had two sessions of injections at the doctor with just a bit of relief in the days following.  The pain swiftly comes back. 

The Doctor diagnosed it as a nerve condition and he has Vicodin for the pain.  But he hates using pain med and they have little effect as it is. 

He has quite a bit trouble sleeping now and stays up late needing hours to relax to the point where he can finally drift off to a bad sleep.

At night he drinks a chamomile tea to calm him and relax his mind while he plays a solitaire game to keep his mind from the pain. 

I was wondering if there where any other herbs that i could find for him that would help him both with the pain and with the sleep. 

Erowid seems to be relatively incomplete when it comes to information regarding herbs and only mentions st john's wort. 

I would truly appreciate any knowledge any one has in this regard. 

Thank you

Get him to a good neurologically trained chiropractor is my advice.  His back hurts he needs looked at and adjusted by someone trained in this with the specialty in neurology.  No herbal cure is going to do it.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinesnadasky
Stranger
Re: Herbal tea for nerve pain [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #17465323 - 12/29/12 11:14 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

He is going back to the doctors this next Friday for a last round of injections.  If that helps not at all, seeing a chiropractor is the plan. 

the herbs are not meant to be a cure but to act as pain management and to help him sleep until then.

Thank you for your advice all the same

Edited by snadasky (12/29/12 11:15 AM)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #17465347 - 12/29/12 11:24 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

snadasky said:
He is going back to the doctors this next Friday for a last round of injections.  If that helps not at all, seeing a chiropractor is the plan. 

the herbs are not meant to be a cure but to act as pain management and to help him sleep until then.

Thank you for your advice all the same

I don't like injections for pain!  Or worse are they cortisoid steroid stuff? 

Why treat the symptom when you may be able to get right to the cure?  I have had back issues and it is truly amazing what a GOOD chiropractor can do. 

Well anyway it's hard to diagnose these things online.

Here's a personal example though I will leave you with.

My mom had a bad fall and compressed three vertebra. The doctors put her on pain meds and fucked up the dosage with Fentanyl by a factor of 10.  That was their "plan" more pain meds.  Just like "well we will try another round of failed injections"  what can it hurt idiocy for your dad.  SO I look online figure out Vertebroplasty is 80% successful in these cases moreso when done early.  I make the diagnosis, then get my dad to ask his doctor who recommends a guy who does it.  My mom is "cured" yet the pain meds like these steroid injections have hurt not helped.  In fact she is in some hospital and completely delirious.  Now I have to personally go back and bring her back to health.  It was insane.

Well you do what you want I wish you the best.  Most doctors are complete idiots and that's a fact.  They will keep trying failed "cures" and why not they keep getting paid.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
Re: Herbal tea for nerve pain [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #17479906 - 01/01/13 08:04 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Lion's mane mycelium, 5g a day, dissolved fully in lukewarm water (blend it into a shake).

Lion's Mane: A Mushroom That Improves Your Memory and Mood?

Lion's Mane Mushroom for Nerve Damage

Do it now.

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

<i AM breath rippling through water|light reflecting to self with thought AM i>

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, St. John's Wort

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being