Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God
    #17339083 - 12/05/12 03:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There are a list of simple no-brainer things that most people, even mentally challenged people, would have come up with if they were God. Because God didn't think of these things, it proves either God is half-retarded, She enjoys creating/watching intense suffering, She created the universe and then went into hiding, or the most likely case does not exist.

1) Hunger-related issues (no brainer) - Especially in the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea), but also widespread all over the planet. Very easy fix if you don't want to see your creation unhealthy, starving, suffering, and bone-thin. (Somalia's life expectancy for men is 48 years old.) You simply have naturally growing vegetables and fruits thriving throughout the planet. So in, say Somalia, you'd have "Somalia Trees" that produce delicious fruits. You'd have plants and vegetables blossoming all over the place. Easy to cultivate, very accessible, and overly abundant. Boom! World hunger solved. ....Oh, forgot to mention, cold-blooded species do not require being fed every few hours like a warm-blooded species (us). A crocodile can eat 1 chicken and be good for a month (heard this from Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson so assuming it is correct). Being such a high-maintenance mammal, how come us warm-blooded humans don't get this benefit that say, the evil serpents/snakes get? Does God like snakes? They are symbolic with Satan but they just need to have a snack once every 10 days and they are eating good!

2) If you were God, say a large refrigerator-sized cardboard box was the earth. You fill it up with 3/4ths water, and randomly place floating objects over 1/4th (these would be your continents). There are these things called Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Volcanic Eruptions, Tornadoes, and Earthquakes. They periodically massacre life on earth to the tune of 10s of millions of humans per year, and uncountable amounts of animals (and 10s of billions in infrastructure damage). Why would God create these naturally occurring destructive things. Get rid of all of that. Boom! Problem solved. Oh, there are trillions of large rocks (I mean really large, like 3 to 4 miles long/thick) called asteroids that are moving at dangerous speeds (up to 40,000 mph). Every once in a while they blast into the earth and destroy everything (see Permian-Triassic Extinction Event). If God exists, this would be one proof that She is not a very life-friendly being. The single event linked above took out over 90% of marine life. Oh, and due to life being created in such a way that it is so fragile, over 99.9% of all life that existed on this planet has been wiped off and annihilated and gone extinct. It will never came back. Gone, destroyed forever!

3) Diseases. Cancers. AIDS. Malaria. *Insert brutal life-destroying disease here* Some of these diseases are so bad you'll lose your hair, vomit, have to shit in a bag, have to be fed through a tube, you'll piss blood, or you'll be in unbearable and excruciating pain. So tell me God, why do you go out of your way to create these intricately well-planned and well-thought out diseases? Seems pretty sadistic. I probably would have went out of my way to ensure such diseases do not occur, but then again, I am kind.

4) This really isn't a big one but I'd make french fries, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, steak and cheese subs, etc., all taste like garbage. Instead of "son, eat your vegetables....It would be son, please eat that double cheeseburger, it will put hair on your chest!" Think about it, vegetables/fruits that are healthy to eat are the things in life that taste bad. Things that taste delicious are horrible for you. I know this is so creative and it takes a brain surgeon to come up with (being sarcastic), but I would reverse that. Carrots, broccoli, and brussel sprouts would make your mouth water....You would have to force yourself to take a slice of meat-lovers pizza because it would taste like raw cauliflower.

5) Mosquitos - They kill off about 1.2 million people (many of which are babies and young children) each year. Ya, I'd probably not have created these human life-demolishing insects.

There is quite a bit more but this post is already at TL:DR status and I'm not trying to write a book on the topic. So which is it? Is God half-retarded, does She enjoy creating and watching Her living creatures endure intense suffering, did She create the universe and vanish, or is She the invention of primitive Neanderthal-like humans from thousands of years ago?

Edited by Confucian (12/05/12 03:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUzziel
O_o

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Confucian]
    #17339110 - 12/05/12 03:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Its all above your head and mine.

Don't know, don't care. As much suffering as there is, the joy is there too.

OfflineLuc1d
Listener

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Uzziel] * 1
    #17339125 - 12/05/12 03:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

earth's history is much more illustrious than you assume, OP.

it wasn't made for humans.

but with that said, there is more than enough food on earth for everyone to be satisfied. the problem is distribution, greed, and overconsumption.

:poopbanana:

--------------------

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Loc: in a shroomery prison
Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Confucian]
    #17339135 - 12/05/12 03:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's much easier to think that if their is a God that being/concept let's free will for the human race go on.

But there has been so many coincidences and shifts in my life experiences I believe that there are universal laws and such that I feel everyone is under, dead and alive.  Doesn't mean their is a "God" to me, just that their are spiritual laws that can't be crossed and is part of this human experience.

--------------------

Edited by timelapses (12/05/12 03:34 PM)

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
    #17339306 - 12/05/12 04:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with OP.

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
    #17339325 - 12/05/12 04:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I strongly disagree with several of your postulations.  They are not common sense whatsoever.

OfflineKremrBigSikter
Spränger Språnger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #17339389 - 12/05/12 04:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If I wuz god I'd make everybody happy and never sad, and everyone would live forever and never die, and it would always be sunny and 25 degrees, and everyone would have a beach next to their house! And a pool!

Also, vegetables and fruit are delicious you philistine.

Also, if god exists, I don't think It treats the earth like it was The Sims. Why would a god care about humans and their petty lives and emotions and property any more than humans care about bacteria?

--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Luc1d]
    #17339440 - 12/05/12 04:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Luc1d said:

there is more than enough food on earth for everyone to be satisfied. the problem is distribution, greed, and overconsumption.

:poopbanana:

agreed

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflineYSHServant
I Wanna Shoot Something
Male

#17339611 - 12/05/12 04:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Satan is the mastermind.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: YSHServant]
    #17339661 - 12/05/12 05:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

And that is exactly what an imperfect mortal would do if he were god

OfflineHemlock

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: JacksonMetaller] * 1
    #17339763 - 12/05/12 05:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Why on earth would you want to put an end to problems that serve to add balance to life?

Think about it: if there were no diseases, natural disasters, or global starvation, people would have exceeded their ecological niche long before we did. If we had done that, we would have bred like the vermin we are, and reached a point where the problems we created by means of our presence would have caused our extinction long ago. The icky things in life are actually what keep our species alive by preventing us from over-reaching our bounds. Unfortunately, people seem to think that the preservation of the species equates to our unlimited expansion.

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Hemlock]
    #17339802 - 12/05/12 05:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hemlock said:
Why on earth would you want to put an end to problems that serve to add balance to life?

Think about it: if there were no diseases, natural disasters, or global starvation, people would have exceeded their ecological niche long before we did. If we had done that, we would have bred like the vermin we are, and reached a point where the problems we created by means of our presence would have caused our extinction long ago. The icky things in life are actually what keep our species alive by preventing us from over-reaching our bounds. Unfortunately, people seem to think that the preservation of the species equates to our unlimited expansion.

Hence the lack of common sense.  Common sense != preservation of the human species.
I highly suggest OP take an ecology course in a college setting.  Talk about an eye-opening class.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: abltsandwich]
    #17339815 - 12/05/12 05:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I would bestow every human with an equitable amount of empathy.  I think the rest would take care of itself.

OfflineLuc1d
Listener

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Hemlock]
    #17340159 - 12/05/12 06:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hemlock said:

:congrats: fucking logic win. +5

--------------------

OfflineVicker
drunken fool
Male User Gallery

Loc: DrocnoC CA
Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Luc1d]
    #17340192 - 12/05/12 06:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

God? Where is smidgin

Offlinezee007
Gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Vicker]
    #17340314 - 12/05/12 06:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm atheist, but if we didn't have survival of the fittest and natural disasters, or sickness we would be over-populated.

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: zee007]
    #17340323 - 12/05/12 07:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The overpopulation problem may be coming to a head soon.

--------------------

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: timelapses]
    #17340332 - 12/05/12 07:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:lolwut:

overpopulation, mang.
These all have acted and will continue to act as population control, and if you think about it...has probably helped to further preserve the human race.
We're a bunch of assholes and we're doomed anyway.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#17340339 - 12/05/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

In becoming God, we must endure every possible suffering and every possible elation until we are at last taken aloft beyond the stars, to birth a universe of our own.

Its an Egg see, and all of us its hatchling-to-be.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Asante]
    #17340352 - 12/05/12 07:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Societal conditioning and influence.  Riding this ship till the end.

--------------------

InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: KremrBigSikter]
    #17340425 - 12/05/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KremrBigSikter said:
Also, vegetables and fruit are delicious you philistine.

Ya they are, if I have a choice between a fried chicken sandwich with cheese (or a philly cheesesteak, or a slice of meat lovers pizza) or raw cauliflower (or raw broccoli or a fruit salad) I wouldn't even have to think about it. I'd be chowing down on broccoli.  :rolleyes:

Quote:

KremrBigSikter said:

Also, if god exists, I don't think It treats the earth like it was The Sims. Why would a god care about humans and their petty lives and emotions and property any more than humans care about bacteria?

Try to explain that to the roughly 6 billion people on the planet that believe they have a personal relationship with the Creator of the Universe.

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: Uzziel]
    #17340430 - 12/05/12 07:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I think God cares deeply.  All suffering is relative.  What you view as suffering someone else views as the essence of sublime.  Blaming God for not fixing what you don't like is a little totalitarian. If we took away all of the manifestations of the human condition would you really want to live in the adolescent world you seek?  I doubt it.  Why do you take drugs?  To escape or to expand?

Interesting topic.

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: abltsandwich]
    #17340453 - 12/05/12 07:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

abltsandwich said:
I highly suggest OP take an ecology course in a college setting.  Talk about an eye-opening class.

Fuck college.

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: Common Sense Changes Even a Braindead Person would Do if He/She Were God [Re: mpd]
    #17340480 - 12/05/12 07:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mpd said:
I think God cares deeply.  All suffering is relative.  What you view as suffering someone else views as the essence of sublime.  Blaming God for not fixing what you don't like is a little totalitarian. If we took away all of the manifestations of the human condition would you really want to live in the adolescent world you seek?  I doubt it.  Why do you take drugs?  To escape or to expand?

Interesting topic.

I would love to think there is some being that cares about my life deeply.  I just don't.

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #17345073 - 12/06/12 03:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Confucian said:
Quote:

abltsandwich said:

Fuck college.

Doesn't mean I didn't learn a thing or two when I was there.
I still think it's a racket.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom