Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Do you know what a Kai Guang Amulet is? [Re: Soulidarity] * 1
    #22026885 - 08/01/15 02:02 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Similar to what's done in Jamaica... they have all these goodies they place in your hand and are like.... Here gift!! Now for me.... give me 20$ gift!

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you know what a Kai Guang Amulet is? [Re: twighead]
    #22027133 - 08/01/15 06:21 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11224989

Quote:

A man dressed as a Buddhist monk who was warned in Wellington for soliciting donations had earlier been spotted doing the same in Auckland.

Suspicions were raised about the man's behaviour by members of the public and the Herald located the man on Quay St in central Auckland on March 10.

Did you give money to the monk? Did he seem sincere? Email us here.

Dressed in orange robes, speaking with extremely limited English, he was attempting to solicit donations.

A notebook he carried featured a picture of an unnamed temple, which he pointed to as he asked for a "donation".

The notebook was a donation ledger, featuring donors' names and money given. There were numerous donations for $20 and $30, the Herald witnessed.

The man would approach people on the street, bow and ask for a donation.

He would then give donors a small shiny gold card, named as a "kai guang amulet".

When spoken to by the Herald, the man appeared to speak very little English beyond the words "donation" and "peace".

Auckland fraud police were not aware of the man at the time the Herald made inquiries about him. But he has subsequently been warned by police in Wellington for his behaviour, which had "all the hallmarks" of a scam, a police spokesman said.

The supposed monk, a 47-year-old Chinese national, had arrived in New Zealand recently, the spokesman told a Sunday newspaper.

New Zealand Buddhist Council chairwoman Amala Wrightson said the man's behaviour wasn't "usual" for a monk. The man was not associated with any temple she was aware of.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

Offlinesveis
Stranger
Re: Do you know what a Kai Guang Amulet is? [Re: Artnotwar] * 1
    #22350898 - 10/08/15 04:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Fake or not, it brought me here. And I like shrooms. :laugh:

Offlinemems
Stranger
Re: Do you know what a Kai Guang Amulet is? [Re: Soulidarity]
    #24465505 - 07/07/17 03:45 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

yesterday I was stoned walking on Santa Monica Pier. All of the sudden this lady slips that bracelet on my arm. Woah? what? Nice enough. write your name on this little book, the word peace, a pic of a temple. Ok whatever...here is $6 dollars. Oh no she says...sure whatever $10 more, maybe it's too help little children. I could have wasted it in something else. But she wasn't happy. I was pointing to the $15 somebody else had given. Were we about to disagree? We're we about to start fighting? Was she about to kill my buzz? That's when she starting going, OK, OK. Wow! the gods are greedy.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you know what a Kai Guang Amulet is? [Re: mems]
    #24466834 - 07/08/17 05:25 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mems said:
yesterday I was stoned walking on Santa Monica Pier. All of the sudden this lady slips that bracelet on my arm. Woah? what? Nice enough. write your name on this little book, the word peace, a pic of a temple. Ok whatever...here is $6 dollars. Oh no she says...sure whatever $10 more, maybe it's too help little children. I could have wasted it in something else. But she wasn't happy. I was pointing to the $15 somebody else had given. Were we about to disagree? We're we about to start fighting? Was she about to kill my buzz? That's when she starting going, OK, OK. Wow! the gods are greedy.

Welcome to the Shroomery :rainbowcloud:

I loathe greed in the name of God, its despicable. You should never haggle on spiritual artifacts,m either pay the full price or dont buy it, but in the same vein you should not use the spiritual to get a foot in the door to strip someone of their money.

That was very rude of her. Your benevolence sanctified it, her greed tainted it.

Jesus literally LASHED the moneylenders out of the Temple. There's a lesson there.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale