Home | Community | Message Board


Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevoxel
Tryptamine Explorer
Male
Registered: 12/11/09
Posts: 8
Last seen: 1 year, 9 months
One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached.
    #17297833 - 11/28/12 05:18 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I recently acquired half an ounce of mushrooms.  I've already had a 1.5g mild trip that was quite nice on them, so I know they're good in general.

One of the caps is quite black however, and I'm worried it's rotten or possibly moldy?  I don't see mold, it just looks black and shiny.

I'm not sure if this picture will be enough to judge by, but could anyone give me a tip as to what happened to this cap? Maybe this is normal?

Picture -> Mushroom Pic


Edited by voxel (11/28/12 05:33 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilocybin13
Stranger


Registered: 11/27/12
Posts: 28
Last seen: 1 year, 8 months
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: voxel]
    #17297881 - 11/28/12 05:25 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

oh ya, especially if it's shiny, that means it's actually quite potent


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevoxel
Tryptamine Explorer
Male
Registered: 12/11/09
Posts: 8
Last seen: 1 year, 9 months
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: psilocybin13]
    #17297931 - 11/28/12 05:32 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybin13 said:
oh ya, especially if it's shiny, that means it's actually quite potent




That's interesting because it smells much stronger "mushroom smell" than all the other caps.

So it sounds like this is a good thing! I just don't want anxiety going into a trip not know if what I am eating is going to make me ill.

Thanks.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsilosomniac
Vicarious

Registered: 09/14/10
Posts: 2,938
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: psilocybin13]
    #17298081 - 11/28/12 05:54 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybin13 said:
oh ya, especially if it's shiny, that means it's actually quite potent




Uh, what?

That shiny stuff is vermiculite.  It doesn't have anything to do with potency.


OP, your mushrooms are fine.  I don't think they're extra potent, though :rolleyes:

Enjoy! :mushroom2:


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIcepic
Enlightenment seeking


Registered: 05/20/02
Posts: 1,374
Loc: Wild west
Last seen: 6 months, 16 days
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17298094 - 11/28/12 05:57 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Looks a dried cap that had spores on it before it dried to me. Your fine op, :whathesaid: vermiculite doesn't make your mushrooms more potent. Have a good trip man.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevoxel
Tryptamine Explorer
Male
Registered: 12/11/09
Posts: 8
Last seen: 1 year, 9 months
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: Icepic]
    #17298170 - 11/28/12 06:07 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icepic said:
Looks a dried cap that had spores on it before it dried to me. Your fine op, :whathesaid: vermiculite doesn't make your mushrooms more potent. Have a good trip man.




Thanks much! I'll eat and enjoy :-)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilocybin13
Stranger


Registered: 11/27/12
Posts: 28
Last seen: 1 year, 8 months
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17302710 - 11/29/12 01:51 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

VicariousGreg said:
Quote:

psilocybin13 said:
oh ya, especially if it's shiny, that means it's actually quite potent




Uh, what?

That shiny stuff is vermiculite.  It doesn't have anything to do with potency.




well, like not they magically became more potent haha but like...the type of shroom it is is more potent than non shiny ones. Like the ordinary ones and the sticky, shiny ones tend to be more expensive and better....I might be wrong, though. My friend had some that were shiny and he said it was CRAZY


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleVaipen
Psychonaut

Registered: 01/15/12
Posts: 767
Loc: Europe
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: psilocybin13]
    #17303039 - 11/29/12 03:06 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Looks like spores to me. Harvest before the cap opens.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsilosomniac
Vicarious

Registered: 09/14/10
Posts: 2,938
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: psilocybin13]
    #17303064 - 11/29/12 03:11 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybin13 said:
Quote:

VicariousGreg said:
Quote:

psilocybin13 said:
oh ya, especially if it's shiny, that means it's actually quite potent




Uh, what?

That shiny stuff is vermiculite.  It doesn't have anything to do with potency.




well, like not they magically became more potent haha but like...the type of shroom it is is more potent than non shiny ones. Like the ordinary ones and the sticky, shiny ones tend to be more expensive and better....I might be wrong, though. My friend had some that were shiny and he said it was CRAZY




Yeah, I'm really not sure what you're talking about.  They look like standard cubensis to me :shrug:.

Are you talking about the little shiny flakes when you say they're shiny?


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilocybin13
Stranger


Registered: 11/27/12
Posts: 28
Last seen: 1 year, 8 months
Re: One of my mushrooms turned black, is it okay to eat? Picture attached. [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17303600 - 11/29/12 04:44 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

VicariousGreg said:
Quote:

psilocybin13 said:
Quote:

VicariousGreg said:
Quote:

psilocybin13 said:
oh ya, especially if it's shiny, that means it's actually quite potent




Uh, what?

That shiny stuff is vermiculite.  It doesn't have anything to do with potency.




well, like not they magically became more potent haha but like...the type of shroom it is is more potent than non shiny ones. Like the ordinary ones and the sticky, shiny ones tend to be more expensive and better....I might be wrong, though. My friend had some that were shiny and he said it was CRAZY




Yeah, I'm really not sure what you're talking about.  They look like standard cubensis to me :shrug:.

Are you talking about the little shiny flakes when you say they're shiny?




I'm not sure haha the ones he had were like shiny silver and you would get this residue on your fingers if you touch it


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* eating the vermiculite?! purpleprint 603 8 05/17/12 01:37 PM
by Doctor_Ew420
* Mushroom elixir! Eating ash?
( 1 2 all )
Cactilove 859 28 08/05/12 05:29 PM
by Cactilove
* First time mushroom trip, eating Amanita Muscaria
( 1 2 all )
Volcomsktr4 3,240 26 03/01/12 05:38 PM
by Volcomsktr4
* Mushrooms after eating Ganja420Boy 416 5 12/06/09 12:03 AM
by ganjababy
* How long can I keep mushrooms before eating them? D10T 386 1 11/13/06 10:56 PM
by swatchyoself
* Vermiculite? Dolorion 513 5 01/27/06 02:26 PM
by kaniz
* Street shrooms with vermiculite in it.
( 1 2 all )
ArmFromTheAbyss 1,887 24 10/26/13 09:50 PM
by Bignacho
* need some knowledgable advice on a topic regarding vermiculite toxicity danthefuckinman 1,070 14 03/09/06 06:52 PM
by Asante

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, notapillow, sui, karode13
482 topic views. 4 members, 107 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:

Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2014 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 29 queries.