Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDoctor_Ew420
You HATE White Power Bill.
Male

Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?)
    #17263780 - 11/22/12 10:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hello shroomery, it's been a while.

I stumbled down to my local convenience store (3 minute walk) to buy hopefully my last pack of cigarettes.
While at the counter I noticed a familiar word pop out at me. KRATOM!

I looked at the little display box on the counter to see 12 KRATOMITE brand kratom beverages. Probably about twice the size of one of those 5 hour energy drinks and designed with a sporadic and colourful downward spiral type label (foreshadowing?) Next to the box sat a stack of ad cards which states "SHAKE, SHOOT, SMILE, REPEAT" It is being boasted as a party beverage and that it causes euphoric happiness, stress and pain relief.

The amount of extract per bottle is not listed, I have emailed the company since I obviously bought 2 bottles. He didn't have the e-cigs so I won't get to try those yet (sounds damn appealing)

I am in Canada, is this legal? Is my unknowing local korean shop owner putting himself at risk? He truly doesn't know what he has. (I will go right down there and tell him to pull it if he is putting himself at risk of my governments terrible drug laws!)

Has anyone tried this product? Thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: Doctor_Ew420]
    #17263826 - 11/22/12 11:02 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Kratom is 100% legal.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

OfflineDoctor_Ew420
Male

Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: Mad Season]
    #17263857 - 11/22/12 11:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Every sample and bag of kratom I have ever bought previous to today not only didn't boast about the effect. It was sold as incense with a label stating it is NOT for human consumption. This product is pretty clear about what to expect... Don't get me wrong, I think it is great, but aren't there some laws pertaining to selling FDA un-approved products for consumption?

OfflineBoomin907
Male

Loc: The Last Frontier
    #17264264 - 11/22/12 12:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I tried kratom from several head shops and I struck out, nothing happened. So I grew it and made tea from it and it worked pretty good almost like hydros not exactly of course but that's the best way for me to explain it.

InvisibleLucyLove

Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: Mad Season]
    #17264749 - 11/22/12 02:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

A lot of headshops like to sell non-active things to people, that's how they make most of their money.

I suggest buying Kratom online, I have not yet tried it but have done quite extensive research on the plant and it's effects per 'strain'.

Quote:

Mad Season said:
Kratom is 100% legal.

Kratom is legal to cultivate, buy, possess, and distribute but is not approved for human consumption. Thus taking it is ILLEGAL, because it is not FDA approved.

--------------------
Is this real

OfflineDoctor_Ew420
Male

Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: LucyLove]
    #17265418 - 11/22/12 05:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LucyLove said:

Kratom is 100% legal.

Kratom is legal to cultivate, buy, possess, and distribute but is not approved for human consumption. Thus taking it is ILLEGAL, because it is not FDA approved.

That's what I was thinking exactly.

At the same rate that fake drugs are sold in this fashion, hard drugs are disguised as "all natural" There was a product very similar to this that killed several people last year (I believe) it was a Kratom product called Krypton that had research chemicals in them (probably o-desmethyltramadol) I have a feeling that a product like this could go either way. Could be an all natural kratom drink. Could be non-active (not the case with this product) Could be research chemicals in the disguise of all natural Kratom.

Either way, this drug is being sold as such from in front of the counter (not behind the counter like cigarettes) with catch phrases and descriptions of 'euphoric happiness' and 'all natural pain reliever' which are obvious hints at consumption. (not to mention all the writing on the bottle and back of the ad card that say to drink it in 3 fast shots)

I am a semi-tolerant opiate user. 20mg of oxy would be a bore and 40mg would be awesome. I drank this foul tasting bottle in 3 quick chugs (It really tastes bad, I wish it JUST tasted like kratom, but it is some half-assed sweet tea) it tastes like a kratom extract. I followed their directions, I drank it quick and waited for 20 minutes. I then got up and looked in the mirror surprised to see slightly constricted pupils! I am feeling pretty itchy all over (this is not placebo, I took real opiates last night) and my body has that nice kratom feel to it, something missing from all synthetic/semi-synthetic opiates which is the constant slippers and housecoat feeling. Kratom also somehow always feels a bit classier, less of a fully trashed feeling without sacrificing the positive effects (I like the itch also) The effect from one bottle is light, which makes the $9.99 price tag at my local store too much unless I am really bored or in a pinch because I can see myself drinking the second bottle within the next hour. I just really wish I could get more info, seems I am one of the first to give this product any kind of review online and I hope it doesn't have some unlisted RC's in it or something. That would be my luck.

Will report back if/when I drink the second bottle.

InvisibleLucyLove

#17265711 - 11/22/12 06:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Ew420 said:
Quote:

LucyLove said:

Kratom is 100% legal.

That's what I was thinking exactly.

At the same rate that fake drugs are sold in this fashion, hard drugs are disguised as "all natural" There was a product very similar to this that killed several people last year (I believe) it was a Kratom product called Krypton that had research chemicals in them (probably o-desmethyltramadol) I have a feeling that a product like this could go either way. Could be an all natural kratom drink. Could be non-active (not the case with this product) Could be research chemicals in the disguise of all natural Kratom.

Either way, this drug is being sold as such from in front of the counter (not behind the counter like cigarettes) with catch phrases and descriptions of 'euphoric happiness' and 'all natural pain reliever' which are obvious hints at consumption. (not to mention all the writing on the bottle and back of the ad card that say to drink it in 3 fast shots)

I am a semi-tolerant opiate user. 20mg of oxy would be a bore and 40mg would be awesome. I drank this foul tasting bottle in 3 quick chugs (It really tastes bad, I wish it JUST tasted like kratom, but it is some half-assed sweet tea) it tastes like a kratom extract. I followed their directions, I drank it quick and waited for 20 minutes. I then got up and looked in the mirror surprised to see slightly constricted pupils! I am feeling pretty itchy all over (this is not placebo, I took real opiates last night) and my body has that nice kratom feel to it, something missing from all synthetic/semi-synthetic opiates which is the constant slippers and housecoat feeling. Kratom also somehow always feels a bit classier, less of a fully trashed feeling without sacrificing the positive effects (I like the itch also) The effect from one bottle is light, which makes the $9.99 price tag at my local store too much unless I am really bored or in a pinch because I can see myself drinking the second bottle within the next hour. I just really wish I could get more info, seems I am one of the first to give this product any kind of review online and I hope it doesn't have some unlisted RC's in it or something. That would be my luck.

Will report back if/when I drink the second bottle.

You fucked up on quoting me in your post lol.

And the drink will probably just end up being a Kratom tincture.

--------------------
Is this real

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

Loc: Flag
    #17265750 - 11/22/12 06:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Just buy in bulk, 10 dollars is WAY too much for one dose. I bought in bulk and my costs come out to about 1.10 per dose.

--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

OfflineDoctor_Ew420
Male

Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: MoxyOx]
    #17269298 - 11/23/12 02:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

^ It was $20 for the two bottles. Of course I won't buy it again, it was an impulse buy and I have the money right now so, whatever. I was mildly high from the two bottles. Not at all what I would want for that kind of price.

OfflineDR. BADNEWS
Professional

#17270520 - 11/23/12 07:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not very familiar with Kratom, but I came across the name a few weeks ago when I was building my list of every psycho-active substance, and have beeing hearing about it ever since. I get that its a plant obviously, but what does it do and how do you do it? I saw in the post that it's like a synth. opiate.

--------------------
Drugs to do:
Marijuana, LSD, LSA, ALD-52, AL-LAD, Ibogaine, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, DiPT, Psilocybin/Psilocin, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DET, Ketamine, MXE, PCP, DXM, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, MDMA, MDA,  Mescaline, Escaline, Proscaline, Allylescaline, TMA, 2C-i, 2C-b, 2C-c, 2C-d, 2C-e, 2C-g, 2C-h, 2C-n, 2C-p, 2C-t-2, 2C-t-4, 2C-t-7, 2C-t-21, 3C-e, 3C-p, DOI, DOB, DOC, DOM, 25i-nBOMe, 25b-nBOMe, 25c-nBOMe, 25d-nBOMe, 25g-nBOMe, 25h-nBOMe, 25n-nBOMe, 25iP-nBOMe, Cocaine, Heroin, Morphine, Codeine, Methadone, Oxycodone/Oxymorphone, Hydrocodone/Hydromorphone, Suboxone, Fentanyl, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Diazepam, Temazepam, Phenazepam, Midazolam, Etizolam

InvisibleLucyLove
Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: DR. BADNEWS]
    #17270524 - 11/23/12 07:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So hwo did it turn out?

--------------------
Is this real

Invisiblejenkinz
Parliament of Trees Ambassador
 User Gallery

Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: LucyLove]
    #19546189 - 02/09/14 11:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but a Google search for "Kratomite" resulted in this thread at #1. As a long time Shroomery lurker/member, I had to post my findings. I've purchased kratom in powdered form from a headshop with unfortunate, albeit, self inflicted results. I baked it in with chocolate chip cookies and wound up dosing way higher than I should have. Certainly effective, but I had a minor over dose resulting in moderate discomfort for several hours. I certainly see the recreational and potential medicinal properties, but was shocked to find it advertised along with 5 Hour Energy and it's knock off brethren as an energy supplement. I had no desire to spend the money (3.99 USD) buying and trying it, but here it is in all it's commercial glory, same as above. I've frequented this gas station for over 2 years now, in the same town I bought the powder in over a year ago, and never saw it until today. The cashier said it was new. I suppose the point is that it's still alive and well... somehow.

--------------------

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Kratomite! (Kratom drinks and e-cigs!?!?!?) [Re: jenkinz]
    #19546376 - 02/10/14 01:26 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

wish I could find this shit. in my area gas stations/stores have been cracked down hard on any recreational shit since the plant food raids.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules