Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEpiglottis
Re: zappaisgod on bums [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17117523 - 10/28/12 12:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This thread = :whacker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: zappaisgod on bums [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #17117653 - 10/28/12 12:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
I agree with zappa.

Americans are becoming more worthless, useless, less educated, lazier.  No longer is the fear of failure or going broke driving work ethic as long as the government gives out free hand-me-downs.

People complain of the lack of jobs in this country, but that's not true.  There's millions of jobs which require higher levels of education, training, and work ethic that Americans are just becoming too stupid and lazy to be qualified for.

Software companies had to outsource millions of engineering and scientific research jobs to immigrants because the number of qualified, educated Americans in science and engineering is at a significant shortage.

We have more educated people than ever before, whether they are lazy is debatable.

The off shoring of jobs was for one reason, cheap labor, I never bought into the bullshit story of lack of talent, it's a excuse they have been using for years, no one likes talking about the main reason, money.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: zappaisgod on bums [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #17117695 - 10/28/12 01:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
this is why i think zappaisgod should come up with a genocide plan, because we all know what should be done about parasites (extermination). I do remember he made one post about how he thinks starvation would be a viable solution, a final solution, perhaps. seriously, though zappa, would you rather see these parasites exterminated than live? is altruism the peak of wickedness to you? why use the same language as the nazis without the same sort of follow-through, if not in practice, but in theory? it might seem crazy to propose this, but it is a bit crazy to me to use language that supports a separate class of people that you clearly do not consider human in the same way you are.

for all the time and articulation you spend on politics, if you spent the same effort learning how to relate to people, you'd probably have more followers.

i think anyone who thinks of people as parasites, they deep down would like them erased. i've never seen a welcome mat for mites.

Lol, I like your satirical approach.

I dont really peg one extreme or the other as being acceptable.  But definitely not giving free hand me downs.

The bigger problem is people just aren't educating themselves with useful skills.

Too many slacker hippy children go to school with retarded majors like philosophy, sociology, political science, etc.

If they're unable to find jobs, it's their own damn fault.

If you chose to train yourself in a useful skill that people need, such as engineering or science, then you wouldn't have so much harder of a time finding a job.

Sink or swim, bitches.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: zappaisgod on bums [Re: qman]
    #17117697 - 10/28/12 01:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

We have tons of people who are "educated".  Educated in completely useless bullshit.  Because they should have been educating themselves in a trade.  For most people there is not one single iota of a possibility of a chance that they could be engineers or scientists.  They are average at best and the intelligence quotient of a social scientist is roughly that of a good waiter or a mediocre plumber who works for somebody else (NOT they guy who passes the licensing test.  He is closer to an engineer). 

At least one generation has been sold a bill of goods that college equals education.  It does not.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17117708 - 10/28/12 01:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:

We have more educated people than ever before, whether they are lazy is debatable.

The off shoring of jobs was for one reason, cheap labor, I never bought into the bullshit story of lack of talent, it's a excuse they have been using for years, no one likes talking about the main reason, money.

Dude, since the 1970's American children have fallen behind and failed to catch up with other developed countries.

We've gone from 1st to near last out of the top 30 developed countries in math, science, and literacy proficiencies.

American kids are becoming stupider and stupider, and nobody wants to hire idiots or college grads who majored in basket weaving.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17117719 - 10/28/12 01:05 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

At least one generation has been sold a bill of goods that college equals education.  It does not.

Exactly.  It doesn't matter if you go to college or not.  What matters is what the fuck you decide to learn while you're IN college.

Liberal arts majors are fucking useless.  Nobody's going to hire you just because you can recite Nietzche quotes.

--------------------

InvisibleEpiglottis
    #17117726 - 10/28/12 01:06 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:whacker:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: zappaisgod on bums [Re: Epiglottis]
    #17117733 - 10/28/12 01:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Epiglottis said:

College.  Mostly.

--------------------

InvisibleEpiglottis
    #17117756 - 10/28/12 01:14 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Epiglottis said:

College.  Mostly.

What does that mean? College is a futile waste of effort like masturbation? Or you masturbated mostly in college?

The only reason I even looked at this thread was because I was wondering what happened to that guy Wakeboarder. So I checked out his last thread and there was you, Zappa, running your mouth antagonizing him after he'd recently attempted suicide. After that, I started wondering, "What's Zappa's doing?" And so here I am. Turns out you're having the same conversation as when I was last on the forums three or four months ago. Neat story.

Edited by Epiglottis (10/28/12 01:15 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#17117793 - 10/28/12 01:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
We have tons of people who are "educated".  Educated in completely useless bullshit.  Because they should have been educating themselves in a trade.  For most people there is not one single iota of a possibility of a chance that they could be engineers or scientists.  They are average at best and the intelligence quotient of a social scientist is roughly that of a good waiter or a mediocre plumber who works for somebody else (NOT they guy who passes the licensing test.  He is closer to an engineer). 

In my father's generation, (1960's) many/most of the people working  (business) at his company (fortune 200) were high school grads in most cases, and the company paid for their higher education and training as they worked, it was a great situation for many workers.

InvisibleEpiglottis
    #17117832 - 10/28/12 01:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Zappa is something of a social scientist himself. Except he's not that educated and nobody cares what he thinks. :whacker:

(Logging out now. I'll check back in another 3 or four months, have fun.)

Edited by Epiglottis (10/28/12 01:29 PM)

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

#17117864 - 10/28/12 01:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Epiglottis said:
Zappa is something of a social scientist himself. Except he's not that educated and nobody cares what he thinks. :whacker:

Ha really he has added more to this thread than you all you have done is flamed him for no reason.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17117889 - 10/28/12 01:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Epiglottis said:

I have a Bachelors degree in social science.  There is no one more qualified than me to opine on the worthlessness of it.  Fortunately I realized it at an early age and completely abandoned it.  One thing about a soc sci curriculum is that it has almost zero requirements.  Thus I was able to take comparative primate anatomy, biochemistry, geography and oceanography, to name a few, as electives.  I am awesome at Trivial Pursuit.

--------------------

InvisibleEpiglottis
    #17117921 - 10/28/12 01:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gilgamesh18 said:
Quote:

Epiglottis said:

Ha really he has added more to this thread than you all you have done is flamed him for no reason.

Derp, derp, derp. I just flamed your retarded ass too. Get lives, people.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Epiglottis said:

I have a Bachelors degree in social science.  There is no one more qualified than me to opine on the worthlessness of it.  Fortunately I realized it at an early age and completely abandoned it.  One thing about a soc sci curriculum is that it has almost zero requirements.  Thus I was able to take comparative primate anatomy, biochemistry, geography and oceanography, to name a few, as electives.  I am awesome at Trivial Pursuit.

:whacker: You just impressed a stranger on a message board. You get a gold star, you sad old man.

(Now I'm really logging out.)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17117936 - 10/28/12 01:46 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

None of that is meant to impress.  I thought at least that was clear.  Keep wanking.

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #17117948 - 10/28/12 01:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

qman said:

Dude, since the 1970's American children have fallen behind and failed to catch up with other developed countries.

We've gone from 1st to near last out of the top 30 developed countries in math, science, and literacy proficiencies.

American kids are becoming stupider and stupider, and nobody wants to hire idiots or college grads who majored in basket weaving.

In the last 6 years Ive seen education become almost as useless as a receipt from Burger King

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: zappaisgod on bums [Re: imachavel]
    #17117985 - 10/28/12 01:57 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

qman said:

In the last 6 years Ive seen education become almost as useless as a receipt from Burger King

No.  You have come to realize that a college education (that most people are getting) is as worthless as a receipt from Burger King.  The education that led you to that conclusion has been worthwhile.  Build on it.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#17118001 - 10/28/12 02:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Epiglottis said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Epiglottis said:

College.  Mostly.

What does that mean? College is a futile waste of effort like masturbation? Or you masturbated mostly in college?

The only reason I even looked at this thread was because I was wondering what happened to that guy Wakeboarder. So I checked out his last thread and there was you, Zappa, running your mouth antagonizing him after he'd recently attempted suicide. After that, I started wondering, "What's Zappa's doing?" And so here I am. Turns out you're having the same conversation as when I was last on the forums three or four months ago. Neat story.

can you link me to this thread?

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: zappaisgod on bums [Re: imachavel]
    #17118019 - 10/28/12 02:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

qman said:

We have too many idiot hippy children thinking they're changing the world by going to college to major in philosophy and other stupid shit like political science or literature.

Nobody gives a fuck how many Ayn Rand books they made you read or Senator autobiographies.

If you don't learn a skill that's useful in the real world, you don't deserve a job.

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #17118611 - 10/28/12 03:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

imachavel said:
Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Quote:

qman said:

No.  You have come to realize that a college education (that most people are getting) is as worthless as a receipt from Burger King.  The education that led you to that conclusion has been worthwhile.  Build on it.

Too bad I didnt learn it in college

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order