Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejadels215

Official E-Cig Thread & Cartomizer Tek. * 1
    #17092708 - 10/24/12 02:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So I've noticed a lot of threads floating around the message boards regarding electronic cigarettes, and peoples experiences with them.

Anyone else use electronic cigarettes?
Maker/Nicotine Strength/Modifications/Etc

I've been vaping for a couple years now, and I'm interested in other peoples experiences.

I personally started with a Joye 510 model, the standard "pen style" electronic cigarette and quickly upgraded from there. I experimented with DIY box mods for awhile, and eventually stuck to the janty eGo which is just a beefier 510 with better battery life and vapor production.

I've been also playing around with BHO and dual coil cartomizers in order to 'medicate' discreetly on the go.
I can post a recipe for the concoction if people are interested as well. No use in wasting money on those shit GPENS and Trippy Sticks.

8/30/13
So I figured it was due time for a TEK on how to modify existing electronic cigarette parts in order to discreetly vape FULL MELT concentrates on the go.

FULL MELT CONCENTRATE CARTS:

Parts Needed:
-Any 510 Threaded Battery
-Kanger 510 Threaded Cartomizers. Any OHMs
-Full Melt Concentrate. 1 Gram
-Dental Pick
-Lighter/Hair Dryer

Step 1:
Gather the Items Needed

Step 2:
Use your dental pick to take out the polyfill inside of the cart, but make sure to keep the air tube in place

Step 3:
Use your dental pick to pack the concentrate down into the cartomizer, without damaging the air tube. It gets frustrating the first time around, but you get the hang of it after a couple carts. Refilling's a bitch but being able to discreetly vape some full melt in public is worth the effort.

Use a lighter or hair dryer to gently melt your wax (if your concentrate allows this) to the bottom of the cart. Kanger 510's are bottom coil cartomizers meaning the heating element is on the bottom, which ensures all of the concentrate being vaped.

Step 5:

Once all of the concentrate is at the bottom of your cartomizer, wipe the whole thing down with a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol. Nobody likes sticky lips.
Your concentrate, if it's wax should more or less look like this.

It's hard to see, but if you look closely enough there's a slight sheen halfway up the air tube. I couldn't get a clearer picture, but that's more or less what it should look like.

This is just a comparison to show you how small this thing really is, it's easily palmable and I've vaped this fucker everywhere. The smell is apparent, I mean you ARE vaping concentrates, but the smell dissipates quickly. I've vaped in very public places, especially in front of cops, and no ones ever said anything to me.

I apologize if this isn't very coherent, it's 3 am and I'm pretty stoned but if you have any questions, just let me know!

Edited by jadels215 (08/30/13 12:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecandyflip420
Original Gangster
Male

Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: jadels215]
    #17092777 - 10/24/12 02:47 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I heard they're worse then regular cigs .
I tried it once and didn't like it . Dont plan on trying it again .

--------------------

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: candyflip420]
    #17092798 - 10/24/12 02:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

candyflip420 said:
I heard they're worse then regular cigs .
I tried it once and didn't like it . Dont plan on trying it again .

In what way? The not-giving-you-cancer way?

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #17092817 - 10/24/12 02:53 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've tried Tsunami brand, which is like hookah flavored e-cig. They're pretty swell :awesome:

--------------------

OfflineGodluck
Demon
 User Gallery

Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: candyflip420]
    #17092862 - 10/24/12 03:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm tempted to believe that E-cigs are actually far less dangerous than cigarettes.  When you break it down, its hard to deny.

- no carcinogenic/reactive combustion products
- only two ingredients (propylene glycol and nictotine)
- even the American Medical Association (AMA) made a statement in favor of e-cigs for harm reduction

While nicotine by itself is still unhealthy, it seems e-cigs, when used in moderation, are much safer than smoking.  Unless inhaled glycols have some terrible effect that we don't know.

The only thing I can think of would be alveolar collapse caused by the vapor decresing the surface tension of the alveoli.  (keep in mind that smoking causes that too)  It would be an easy experiment to confirm though....
*ahem*... scientific community?

--------------------

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
    #17092897 - 10/24/12 03:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i have this thing called EONsmoke that was given to me to try. i like it but just dont like the flavor. my friend has a BLU that i like the flavor better so thinking about trying that when i see one. a bigger battery and cig life would be better. i tried one at a club thats flavor was Pink Lemonade. that was dreamy

--------------------

Offlinejffdjt23231256
Feelsgoodman.jpg :3
Male

#17092962 - 10/24/12 03:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Freewill is the only way

I've said it before:

You can't finish an E-cig... It's just not the same.

OfflineSoulidarity
With Your Halo Slippin . . .
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis Flag
Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: jadels215] * 1
    #17092963 - 10/24/12 03:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

ever since i saw a dude smoking tobacco oil in an e-cig, it gave me the idea to fill one of those things with some dmt solution or meth, and see if it would work in vaporizing it.

cos that would be pretty legit, being able to bring your own magic flute loaded with meth or dmt into any venue without arousing any suspicion, and even being able to smoke without drawing that much attention. plus i imagine you'd be able to fit a shitload of meth or dmt into the little canniser they do have.  and smoking it is as easy as just pushing the button and inhaling the vapor!

--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Down South Flag
Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17092994 - 10/24/12 03:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

IDK how I feel about these guys - Sure, it helps most people get off the cancer sticks, but then thy just smoke these instead - and they're still hooked on nicotine. Which isn't awful, I guess, if you're not breathing in 20 cigs worth of smoke a day, but still...
My friend dips a shit ton, and bought one of these to help him "quit." Yeah, guess how that went - him watching movies all night, dipping and smoking the thing constantly. it was empty by the next day after class and was like 20 bucks. what a fucking waste... he's hopeless.
My friends that go to school in Manhattan smoke them because they're so much cheaper than stoges there - Manhattan is something like 15/16 bucks a pack and loose ones are a dollar, NJ where we are is 8 bucks and 50 cents for a loose one. It's funny, before school he'd bitch about NJ's prices and jump on the opportunity to go to PA to stock up (about $5 a pack) but now that he goes to school in NYC he sees NJ's smokes as "half price" and a good deal:rofl2:

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: Absent Minded]
    #17093186 - 10/24/12 04:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Absent Minded said:
IDK how I feel about these guys - Sure, it helps most people get off the cancer sticks, but then thy just smoke these instead - and they're still hooked on nicotine. Which isn't awful, I guess, if you're not breathing in 20 cigs worth of smoke a day, but still...

are you aware that nicotine has positive medical benefits and that nicotine
in it's self is only mildly addictive in the manner that caffeine is?

OfflineFuzedBox
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: FL
    #17093248 - 10/24/12 04:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I have three Volcano Infernos (one 900 mAh, two 650), as well as a Lavatube VV mod. Use carto tank systems; dual coils on the Infernos and single coils on the Lavatube.

It's the only way I've managed to ween myself off of nicotine, it's been just over a year since I started vaping and I'm nearly done with them. :thumbup:

--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Down South Flag
Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17093331 - 10/24/12 04:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Absent Minded said:

yes, hence why I said "which isn't awful"
Though I am conflicted as I once read nicotine was poisonous to the body

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

OfflineFuzedBox
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: FL
    #17093351 - 10/24/12 04:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

IIRC, nicotine itself is only a hair more toxic than caffeine. Although the toxicity may be minor, they're both not good on the heart in the long term.

--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Offlinejadels215

Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: FuzedBox]
    #17095476 - 10/24/12 09:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

There have been studies shown that nicotine helps in cognitive function, which results in better productivity, and has been shown positive benefits towards memory in for elderly nicotine users.

The disposable electronic cigarettes that you can pick up at your local 7/11 aren't worth shit, just like the over priced kiosk stand that will sell you 5 cartomizers for 30 bucks without batting an eye.

Getting a starter ego kit, drip tip, and bottle of liquid will run ya 68 bucks. I vape about 50 ml a month, which is about 15 bucks to support my nicotine habit. In NJ Pall Malls were 6 bucks a pack when I quit, and I smoked about a pack a day.

OfflineTeliis
Tree Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #17095574 - 10/24/12 10:09 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've been thinking about going the ecig route for a couple months. Been smoking cigarettes for 3 years now and am really starting to notice my dependence on it and hate that. Just need to do some research on brands and models really and decide on one. I'd love to hear about your BHO recipe and setup you have! Would like to hear what models work better for that and what, if any, mods I would be looking at having to do. If I can get some good solid info about doing that it would probably tip me over and get me to actually make the initial investment and start.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#17095592 - 10/24/12 10:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Absent Minded said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Absent Minded said:

yes, hence why I said "which isn't awful"
Though I am conflicted as I once read nicotine was poisonous to the body

many things can be toxic, potatoes can poison you

Offlinejadels215

#17095680 - 10/24/12 10:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Moderation is the key with it, and having the ability to choose your nicotine levels also adds another element to it. Some people find it hard to quit smoking cigarettes because of the habitual hand to mouth motion, and they vape with liquid that contains no nicotine whatsoever.

Offlinejadels215

Re: Official Electronic Cigarette (E-Cig) Thread [Re: Teliis]
    #17095741 - 10/24/12 10:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Teliis said:
I've been thinking about going the ecig route for a couple months. Been smoking cigarettes for 3 years now and am really starting to notice my dependence on it and hate that. Just need to do some research on brands and models really and decide on one. I'd love to hear about your BHO recipe and setup you have! Would like to hear what models work better for that and what, if any, mods I would be looking at having to do. If I can get some good solid info about doing that it would probably tip me over and get me to actually make the initial investment and start.

Stay away from disposable e-cigs that you can find in convenient stores, the blu e-cigs advertised on tv, and the kiosk stands at the mall. Those types of electronic cigarettes are what most people try, and they're terrible in vapor production, price, and flavor.

I would recommend starting off with an eGo Dual Coil Tank kit. It has less of a learning curve, and without too much hassle. You fill up the tank and you should be able to vape all day with only filling it once. Some of the complaints that people had with the regular ego was a burnt taste with the cartridges that comes in the kit, and that's not a problem with the Dual Coil Tanks as the heating/wicking element is constantly soaked in nicotine liquid. If you've been smoking for 3 years I recommend DK TAB. It's cheap, high level of nicotine, and should last you about 3 weeks to a month. All in all it should cost you about 75 bucks to start, and then 20 to 30 a month depending on how many atomizers/cartomizers/liquid you go through. You may want to look at the advanced PV e3ction as something might catch your eye on the madvapes site.

Ill post the BHO recipe tomorrow!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#17095787 - 10/24/12 10:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jadels215 said:
Stay away from disposable e-cigs that you can find in convenient stores, the blu e-cigs advertised on tv, and the kiosk stands at the mall. Those types of electronic cigarettes are what most people try, and they're terrible in vapor production, price, and flavor.

I tried one of the disposable 'logic' ecigs, I was actually pretty impressed
with it and since it screwed into my battery I got about 6 days of use from
the cartomizer before refilling it. I gutted the battery and rigged up a USB
passthrough so I dont need to keep swapping out batteries

my kids think I'm some kind of genius since I broke out the soldering gear,
I've made several handy little gadgets and fixed a dozen others

Offlinekal3munchi3s
Stranger

#17095823 - 10/24/12 10:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I don't like the feel of it tbh. imo it doesn't compare to the smoke feeling ciggs give.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale