Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSimplepowa
-∞ to +∞

Loc: Canada Flag
Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO)
    #17050185 - 10/17/12 08:24 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times

"My lawyer will probably kill me when I say this, but I went to a head shop and I bought some of that white lightning stuff."

Only time will tell whether this admission by Deutsche Bank vice chairman Brian Mulligan will be the unraveling of his $50 million lawsuit against the Los Angeles Police Department. Mulligan made the statement during a recorded conversation with a Glendale police officer just two day before his violent confrontation with LAPD officers, which is the basis of his suit against the department.

Released by the police union Los Angeles Police Protective League, the recording catches Mulligan during what appears to be a drug-fueled hallucination.

Mulligan, worried that helicopters were chasing him, approached an officer in front of the Glendale Police Department on May 13, according to a statement from LAPPL. The officer assures Mulligan that no one is following him, and what follows is an 11-minute rambling conversation in which Mulligan admits to using bath salts over 20 times.

Mulligan also brings up his pot and ambien use, saying that marijuana made him feel like his face was "melting off," while ambien made him feel like his mind had "a cast over it."

Throughout the entire conversation, the police officer remains calm, advising him to throw the bath salts away and return to his family and career. Toward the end, the officer spells it out for Mulligan in a firm but friendly way:

"Absent the ramifications to your family, your wife and your sons, the legislations in the works to make that stuff illegal, and I guarantee it will be pretty soon, probably next year, so you could also find yourself kinda wrapped up in legal matters that would finish your career…"

Two days later on May 15, Mulligan encountered police officers again. Like his conversation with the Glendale officer, Mulligan stated to LA officers that he was being chased by someone and that he had taken both "white lightning" and marijuana.

According to a police report, officers dropped him off at a motel and left. But police came across Mulligan again the next day when they received reports that a man was running through traffic. The officers used force to subdue Mulligan, who reportedly was snarling and baring his teeth at them. After the violent confrontation, Mulligan was left with a broken scapula, facial lacerations and 15 fractures in his nasal area.

Three months later, Mulligan filed a $50 million lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles over the incident, claiming that it left him with post traumatic stress disorder and medical bills that could reach $1 million. In his version of events, LAPD officers held him against his will in a motel. Mulligan claims that when he tried to leave, officers beat him ruthlessly.

The LAPPL recording could undermine Mulligan's case against the LAPD because it presents him as a paranoid, drug-addled man prone to delusions. It was turned over to the LAPD to aid in the investigation of the use of force, reports the Los Angeles Times.

But an attorney for Mulligan maintains that the recording has no bearing on the lawsuit against the LAPD. "We are going to try this case in court in front of a jury and not in the media," said the attorney to the Los Angeles Times."

The Huffington Post  |
By Anna Almendrala
Posted: 10/15/2012 5:51 pm EDT
Updated: 10/15/2012 11:43 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/15/brian-mulligan-bath-salts_n_1968090.html

--------------------
If you can't control drugs in a maximum security prison, then how can you control drugs in a free society?

---

If it's true that there was a Big Bang, everything that each of us are was once contained in that needle tip of highly condensed matter. Over time, the Universe grew in ways which enabled it to see and understand itself. We are the universe looking back at itself.

---

Paul Graham – Hierarchy of Disagreement

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInspiration
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: The River
Re: Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO) [Re: Simplepowa]
    #17050356 - 10/17/12 08:54 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Fucking moron. :wellhellothere:

OfflineGodluck
Demon
 User Gallery

Re: Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO) [Re: Inspiration]
    #17050722 - 10/17/12 09:50 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

His life must be so hard :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO) [Re: Simplepowa]
    #17051623 - 10/18/12 12:26 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Legalize Bath Salts!!  If you try them you might end up becoming a Deutsche Bank Executive...or an Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer!

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

OfflineBushmills
Stranger

Re: Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO) [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #17051712 - 10/18/12 12:43 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

im surprised the cop actually talked to him instead of just beating him to a pulp

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Loc: inside you
Re: Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO) [Re: Bushmills]
    #17051773 - 10/18/12 12:55 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Maybe they just misinterpreted his "bear roar"

:sexymeow:

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

OfflineMushie23S
Strictly Entheogens
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northwest Washington Stat...
Re: Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO) [Re: Bushmills]
    #17053426 - 10/18/12 10:52 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bushmills said:
im surprised the cop actually talked to him instead of just beating him to a pulp

Not all cops are heartless pricks.  The heartless pricks are the ones that give the cops in the audio a bad name...they sounded pretty nice considering he was high as hell.

--------------------
Eat Mushrooms----plug into life and nature.

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Loc: inside you
Re: Brian Mulligan, Deutsche Bank Executive, Admits To Using Bath Salts 20 Times (AUDIO, GRAPHIC VIDEO) [Re: Mushie23]
    #17055914 - 10/18/12 05:48 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

they did sound pretty nice... maybe having gobs of cash helps.

It's only the 99% of cops that give the 1% a bad name, so it's not all cops. xD

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service