Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZeparthian
Young Mycologist

B+ and golden teacher pinning.
    #17031453 - 10/14/12 07:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I have 2 strains in the fruiting chamber right now, 2 B+ and 2 golden teacher.  You guys can see that one of them is yes contaminated on top, it did start to contaminate after they were all pinning so I chanced it and left it in there.  None of my other cakes are showing signs of contamination.  This is my very first grow ( made a lot of newb mistakes while going down this road).

I did catch up on my homework a little bit though, and I colonized 4 rye berry bags for my next monotub using only golden teacher this run threw. 

The setup that you see is called a "Hydro-shroom", it's total crap and I would never recommend it.  Complete waste of money and time.
The slight browning you see is from the hydroton rocks, another flaw I didn't like.  The whole thing is bonk. 

Enjoy :smile:

--------------------
Having troubles?  RR's here to help!

Let's Grow Mushrooms - RR

Watch, absorb, and put that information to use!

With a little help, miracles do happen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: B+ and golden teacher pinning. [Re: Zeparthian]
    #17031484 - 10/14/12 07:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

GET THE CONTAMINATED CAKE OUT OF THERE AND PUT IT OUTSIDE ASAP! THERE IS NO CHANCING IT, IF THAT IS GREEN IT WILL SPREAD!

And yes that "hydro shroom" thing is trash, just build a shotgun fruiting chamber, and u will be happier I can guarantee it. :thumbup:

InvisibleZeparthian
Young Mycologist

Re: B+ and golden teacher pinning. [Re: PussyFart]
    #17031521 - 10/14/12 07:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Its been almost a week without spreading, I'm chancing it like I had said.  Its almost freezing point outside-they would die.  Contams are due to the piece of crap FC.  The cake with mold on it, Im fine for eating them mushies still right?  Pinned, than mold came. Already asked one other person a while back and they said it would be fine.  Wanted more opinions?

--------------------

InvisibleMr.D
Mad Mycologist
Male

Loc: 1955 Flag
Re: B+ and golden teacher pinning. [Re: PussyFart]
    #17031531 - 10/14/12 07:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
GET THE CONTAMINATED CAKE OUT OF THERE AND PUT IT OUTSIDE ASAP! THERE IS NO CHANCING IT, IF THAT IS GREEN IT WILL SPREAD!

And yes that "hydro shroom" thing is trash, just build a shotgun fruiting chamber, and u will be happier I can guarantee it. :thumbup:

:whathesaid:

--------------------
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness.
                                                          ~Trade List~

Offlinehexbinary
Science Geek
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: B+ and golden teacher pinning. [Re: Mr.D]
    #17031638 - 10/14/12 07:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

looks like it's growing on top of meatballs

--------------------
Current Grow

GT bulk grow *UPDATED MARCH 2021*

InvisibleZeparthian
Young Mycologist

Re: B+ and golden teacher pinning. [Re: hexbinary] * 1
    #17031727 - 10/14/12 08:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"This has been posted and answered dozens of times. There is absolutely NOTHING toxic to humans in green molds. Don't sniff the spores as if they were a line of coke, but eating mushrooms from a cake or casing with green mold is totally harmless. Enjoy your harvest.
RR"  "quote:
"well, once your cake or casing has mold in it, so do the mushies, so yes, you are eating mold. The mushies are made up of and grow on the mycelium network. That network carries nutes to the mushies, it also carries the contam to the mushies. So if there is mold on your casing, it is also in the mushi."

My friend, that is totally false and goes against everything we've learned about how mycelium works. Mushrooms are not like plants where the mycelium is the root. It simply doesn't work that way. The mycelium metabolizes the food it 'eats'. When you go to paul stamets seminars he covers this myth in depth. He has used mycelium to clean up diesel oil spills and other toxic waste dumps and the mushrooms are completely edible and free of all toxins from the soil as established by rigorous testing with gas chromatography.

For those of you who are afraid of moldy cakes, be sure to never eat cheese, because cheese can not be made without mold. Very thick layers of mold are cut off the blocks of cheese to give them eye-appeal for the market. The cheese is safe, believe me. You've all eaten cheese all your lives.

Now, that being said, I immediately throw away any contaminated substrate as soon as I see it. The danger is in polluting my growing environment with the released spores that will contaminate future projects. However, any mushrooms on the substrate are 100% safe to eat. That is a fact. We seriously need less disinformation and fear mongering. If anyone can produce evidence from one of the established university mycological programs such as Penn State, or anything Stamets has written on the subject I will gladly eat my words. I have done serious research into this. Green molds are common in commercial mushroom operations, so if you eat store bought edible mushrooms, you are very often eating mushrooms from substrates with molds. There is not mold in the fruitbody. They are 100% safe.
RR" 

So while this is being said, I know I am contaminating my whole damn house probably, good news is im moving houses after this grow ^_^ tossing all this crap that i bought awhile ago and starting up fresh. 

Sending some thanks to RR.
  had to answer my own question, good day everyone :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleStool_Sample
Fruity
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, US
Re: B+ and golden teacher pinning. [Re: Zeparthian]
    #17031874 - 10/14/12 08:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

hell yeah! good input bro. and RR i guess. LMAO :laugh2:

Keep those pictures coming man, and If you can Show pictures of the Mushies:mushroom2:  seperated that would be awesome too.

I would like to see as many pics of :mushroom2: leading up to the veil breaking and of course the veil breaking.

some say that Spores taste nasty, so i would like to avoid letting the veil break for more than,.... say 6- 12 hours. plus they say potency is greater around that time. So Duh!! I don't want to let them get too far past the veil breaking.

--------------------
"wise words here"
:toadkart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale