Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The maple Syrup linked to the big Quebec heist has been recovered in New Brunswick [Re: SoundTribeSector9]
    #16960568 - 10/03/12 05:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

you have the coolest User Name Ever STS9 ! :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: The maple Syrup linked to the big Quebec heist has been recovered in New Brunswick [Re: ZippoZ]
    #16960637 - 10/03/12 05:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh Canada

Cheesy

--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

OfflineSoundTribeSector9
"The Titties"
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Mitten
Re: The maple Syrup linked to the big Quebec heist has been recovered in New Brunswick [Re: ZippoZ]
    #16960658 - 10/03/12 05:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ZippoZ said:
you have the coolest User Name Ever STS9 ! :smile:

:heart: thank you!

--------------------
"Take me on a trip, upon your magic swirlin' ship"

"Sometimes in life the difference between pain and glory is separated by one good fart. It's the simple things." -Frost

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: The maple Syrup linked to the big Quebec heist has been recovered in New Brunswick [Re: psi]
    #16960781 - 10/03/12 06:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
This all is making me want to eat maple syrup on something. My wife picked up a liter of it last week at costco but there are no waffles or anything. Maybe french toast?

Do a shot glass.

I do it all the time. It satisfies the craving, plus its super healthy.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#16960805 - 10/03/12 06:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ZippoZ said:
i did some quick math, based on the amount exported from Canada yearly and factored in world wide production at the same market rate, its nearly a 500 million dollars a year industry.

Im getting on this shit. Seriously. Maple syrup prospecting here i come. Ill just go find untapped trees on existing land owners properties and give them a royalty on production.

easy peasy

There are 10000 producers in Quebec alone.

You'll need 100 acres of land. I suggest northern Quebec or Ontario. Its cheap too cause its so far north.

You'll need a hundred miles of tubing and cables

You need to work fast to tap the trees when the season starts.

A boiler

A bottling machine

A business name and a brand name

Your in business

:cheers:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The maple Syrup linked to the big Quebec heist has been recovered in New Brunswick [Re: Patlal]
    #16962224 - 10/03/12 09:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

ZippoZ said:
i did some quick math, based on the amount exported from Canada yearly and factored in world wide production at the same market rate, its nearly a 500 million dollars a year industry.

Im getting on this shit. Seriously. Maple syrup prospecting here i come. Ill just go find untapped trees on existing land owners properties and give them a royalty on production.

easy peasy

There are 10000 producers in Quebec alone.

You'll need 100 acres of land. I suggest northern Quebec or Ontario. Its cheap too cause its so far north.

You'll need a hundred miles of tubing and cables

You need to work fast to tap the trees when the season starts.

A boiler

A bottling machine

A business name and a brand name

Your in business

:cheers:

I was thinking that the best way to go about this was to approach large land owners in the northeast of the USA, or canada, who have potentially producing trees just sitting there with un-used potential.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisiblePsychasthenia
Stranger

Loc: Sietch Tabr
Re: The maple Syrup linked to the big Quebec heist has been recovered in New Brunswick [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #16963589 - 10/04/12 04:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

psi said:
I think there would be significant challenges in selling so much syrup without raising suspicion. Especially if it's not even bottled.

Well yea, of course someone trying to offload that amount of pure maple syrup onto the market would raise a few eyebrows.

But, if one was to hypothetically convert the pure product into a secondary form--one that was easier to sell in small amounts directly to the user rather than being forced to go through the official channels--than one could conceivably make a large amount of money in the maple game.

I'm talkin' bout these mawfuckahs:

The middle phases (maple cream) taste better though.  Once you boil it down to those hard sugar candies it seems to lose most of the character and just taste like plain sugar to me.:shrug:

I get mine from Ohio anyway.  Even here in the mid-atlantic I have a sugar maple tree in my yard.  It's large enough to tap but I wouldn't get enough to make it worth the effort.

--------------------
Earth gets colder every day
If scientists could have their way
They'd study us from far away
And watch as people's minds decay

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #16963957 - 10/04/12 07:58 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ZippoZ said: ...I was thinking that the best way to go about this was to approach large land owners in the northeast of the USA, or canada, who have potentially producing trees just sitting there with un-used potential...

Friend of mine has 20 acres near This guy. . All his maples are tapped and tubed for sap harvest. I think he is paid in maple syrup. (between 7 and 10 gallons/ year) Something I did not know .. " Maple syrup is a syrup usually made from the xylem sap of sugar maple, red maple, or black maple trees, although it can also be made from other maple species... "Maple syrup ...  :pedobearpancakes: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: The maple Syrup linked to the big Quebec heist has been recovered in New Brunswick [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #17411287 - 12/18/12 09:55 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well what do you know, the cops made an arrest.

Quote:

MONTREAL -- There have been arrests in the case of a massive maple syrup heist, police announced Tuesday as they celebrated a break in their months-long multi-jurisdictional search for the stolen sticky stuff.

Three people have been detained in connection with the theft of a large quantity of the national condiment from a warehouse in Quebec.
Police also seized vehicles suspected of being used in the illicit trafficking of the stolen syrup, along with equipment like scales and electronic lifts.
Those arrested are expected to face charges Tuesday in a Trois-Rivieres courtroom of theft, conspiracy, fraud and trafficking in stolen goods.
There are arrest warrants out for five other people.

"This investigation is not over," Claude Denis of the Quebec provincial police said.
"It's ongoing, and other arrests could follow."

Officers from the RCMP, the Canada Border Services Agency and the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement assisted the Quebec provincial police in the investigation -- which featured interviews with 300 people in the maple syrup industry in Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick and the northern U.S.
Police never disclosed the exact amount of maple syrup reported stolen in August.

But it's known the loot came from a warehouse containing Quebec's maple syrup stockpile, which was supposed to have been holding 4.5 million kilos valued at $30 million.

The theft was discovered during a routine inventory check at the warehouse belonging to the Quebec Federation of Maple Syrup Producers in St-Louis-de-Blandford, Que.

Most of the breakfast bootie has now been found.
"Two-thirds of stolen syrup was recovered," Denis said.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-make-arrests-in-massive-maple-syrup-heist-1.1083706#ixzz2FQJBLaXj

Thats one reason to be proud of law enforcement.

We can now eat maple syrup for christmas knowing these dangerous maple syrup thieves won't come raiding our house for our dear syrup

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies