Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrliam
Stranger
 User Gallery

magic truffles dose
    #16901710 - 09/24/12 10:42 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ok my magic truffles are here now i need to know dose

how many psilocybe pajaritos wet = cubensis or sumthing like that dry?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineigCorcaigh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: magic truffles dose [Re: Mrliam]
    #16902578 - 09/24/12 01:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think one 15g box is considered to be a medium dose?

OfflinePeanutButter
Stranger

Re: magic truffles dose [Re: igCorcaigh]
    #16902767 - 09/24/12 02:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

15g fresh is meant to be a 'strong' dose. I'd say it's strong if you've never tried shrooms before but for experienced trippers it shouldn't be anything too far out of their comfort zone.

igCorcaigh didn't you say 15g fresh was equal to anywhere between 2.5-4g dry cubes?

I'd say just do the whole 15g fresh, no point wasting 5g for a mild trip, might as well go in all guns blazing. It's not going to be too out of control if things get bad.

OfflineMrliam
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: magic truffles dose [Re: PeanutButter]
    #16902823 - 09/24/12 02:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hmm not sure about the whole 15g :P never tripped before except on salvia:L i was thinking a 7.5gram dose and give the other half to my mate

OfflineigCorcaigh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #16902884 - 09/24/12 02:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ah yes, around 2.5 - 4g, although it is very approximate. Depends on the particular strain of truffle I suppose:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16839021/page/1/fpart/2

Mrliam, if you haven't done mushrooms before then maybe it's best to split the box with a friend, but it should be a gentle yet memorable experience.

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #16903065 - 09/24/12 03:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

how many psilocybe pajaritos wet = cubensis or sumthing like that dry?

As far as I know, pajaritos is another name for mexicana, so you would expect it to be fairly average potency. Which leads to the question - what is the average potency of "magic truffles" (sclerotia)?

I eat these "magic truffles" quite often in Holland, but I've only had access to cubes a few times, and the question of how sclerotia dosage compares to cubes interests me a lot. I've been trying to work out some kind of systematic comparison, based on my own experience and comments in threads from people that eat both cubes and magic truffles...

One problem is that the actual potency of sclerotia can vary enormously, even from one batch to another of the same product from the same source. A ballpark figure is that 15g fresh (wet) truffles = 3g dry cubes, but this assumes that your truffles are reasonably potent, and is probably more realistic for home-cultivated stuff. Commercial sclerotia is of variable potency and quality (for example the cultivator may be more interested in achieving bulk than potency) so in reality you won't know until you try it!

Like I said, I've been trying to work out a rough scale to compare the potency of sclerotia to cubes. This is how I would rate the potency of (fresh) commercial sclerotia against a 'standard' 1g dose of (dry) cubes:

1g cubes = 3g ultra strong sclerotia
1g cubes = 4g very strong sclerotia
1g cubes = 5g strong sclerotia
1g cubes = 6g medium+ sclerotia
1g cubes = 7g medium- sclerotia
1g cubes = 8g mild sclerotia
1g cubes = 9g weak sclerotia
1g cubes = 10g very weak sclerotia

For example, if you ate 15g of sclerotia and it gave you the equivalent of a 5g cube trip (which is pretty unlikely), it would be 'ultra strong' on this scale. If it gave you the equivalent of a 1.5g cube trip, it would be 'very weak'. If it gave you something in the region of a 2.5g cube trip, it would be medium potency.

A 7.5g dose of sclerotia is probably not going to do much more than make you feel a bit weird, I doubt you would get much of a genuine "trip" out of it. There is a kind of "threshold" dosage, which means that below this dosage, the drug is in your system but the effects are barely perceptible. For example, you might eat 10g of sclerotia, sit around for an hour, and feel almost nothing. Then you might decide to eat another 10g, and find that the effects escalate rapidly and become very obvious. For this reason, it's very easy to underdose if you are too cautious, or plunge into a very strong trip if you are too confident....

Sclerotia has a nasty habit of being either a lot weaker or a lot stronger than you expect it to be! The marketing may give you a clue (e.g if it's advertised as being strong) but in general 15g is a kind of 'standard' dose, 10g is a light dose, less than that is probably going to be a waste of time (unless it's being advertised as something unusually strong).

Experienced trippers would probably need to eat more than 15g of average sclerotia to get a strong trip, but it's a good idea to test the potency before eating larger amounts (for example by eating 15g initially, then waiting an hour before redosing).

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineMrliam
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: magic truffles dose [Re: Aldebaran]
    #16903289 - 09/24/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thanks guys, i think ill just do the 7.5grams see how it goes and if i need more ill buy some more:)

OfflinePeanutButter
Stranger

#16903450 - 09/24/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mrliam said:
thanks guys, i think ill just do the 7.5grams see how it goes and if i need more ill buy some more:)

I'd suggest 10g if you're playing it safe...not much can go wrong at that level but by all means go with what feels best. Happy trails

Offlineseekeroftruth
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16903721 - 09/24/12 05:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I would reccommend making a tea out of the 10 grams and adding lemon juice. From my experience, and many others, it's a lot more bang for your buck. Granted it doesn't last nearly as long, but I think you'll get a much better sense of what shrooms can do with that method.

OfflineWannaBeLegit
Stranger

Re: magic truffles dose [Re: seekeroftruth]
    #16905295 - 09/24/12 09:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So how legit is this site?  I see that they sell grow kits WITH spores??? Only $50 and it can yield 80 grams dry?  ummmm how is this not more popular.

I am also interested in eating some truffles as well.  Anyone ever done them before?

OfflineMrliam
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: magic truffles dose [Re: WannaBeLegit]
    #16908687 - 09/25/12 01:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i might get 20g and do 10g of tea with my mate, sounds like a plan :laugh: i think they are pretty trusted there is some good reviews, they only sell truffles and not any grow kits, ive read some reviews and they sound pretty good, im glad i can buy them online and not risk going into the fields and picking some mushroom :smile:

OfflinePeanutButter
Stranger

#16909867 - 09/25/12 05:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mrliam said:
i might get 20g and do 10g of tea with my mate, sounds like a plan :laugh: i think they are pretty trusted there is some good reviews, they only sell truffles and not any grow kits, ive read some reviews and they sound pretty good, im glad i can buy them online and not risk going into the fields and picking some mushroom :smile:

Have a good trip! Sclerotia (Truffles) are great, even if you just break them down with your hands and chew them in your mouth you rarely get any nausea. Make sure you do them on an empty stomach and all that stuff. They're a lot less confusing than shrooms IMO so it's a good place to start.

OfflineWannaBeLegit
Stranger

#16911649 - 09/25/12 09:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well when I type in magic truffles it's the first major site that shows up in google.  they sell mostly truffles but also a grow kit and some bongs for some odd reason.

OfflineMrliam
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: magic truffles dose [Re: WannaBeLegit]
    #16912795 - 09/26/12 02:46 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thanks peanut:)

wannabelegit the website im looking at is "buy-magic-truffles" :smile:

Offlineweestu
Stranger

#16913029 - 09/26/12 05:13 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I took more than the recommended amount of atlantis truffels and got absolutely no feeling from them at all although my partner got a really good trip but I took magic mushrooms that I picked myself and got a mellow trip.  I am on anti psychotic medication, is this the reason I did not feel anything from the truffles?

OfflineMrliam
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: magic truffles dose [Re: weestu]
    #16915262 - 09/26/12 03:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

hmm, ive been looking around and someone said the same thing except they where on mushrooms and they got no effect, you should just have a look around the internet, i cant really help you there:P

OfflineLikwidtrip
Stranger
    #25270082 - 06/15/18 01:21 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Not a smart advice... you should always lean toward caution if you going to give advice.:mad2:

what is logical for you might be a bad trip for another person you donĀ“t have any idea of his tolerance or mental state.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag