Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: Teen dies from Ayahuasca... I thought ayahuasca was harmless? [Re: jellyfish]
    #16893771 - 09/22/12 06:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
Quote:

240779 said:
That's not what Adderall is. is. For one, amphetamine is dextroamphetamine!

Other way around, dextroamphetamine is a version of amphetamine. Amphetamine can be levo or dextro. It would be bad to mix with an MAOI.

But l-amphetamine is inactive, right?

And isn't there an inactive form of LSD? l-lysergic acid dietylamide? (I'm sure you've seen LSD represented as d-lysergic acid diethylamide)

My point is "lysergic acid diethylamide" is used to refer to the psychoactive form. So on the same token, "amphetamine" can be assumed to mean exclsuively the one that works.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Teen dies from Ayahuasca... I thought ayahuasca was harmless? [Re: s240779]
    #16893839 - 09/22/12 06:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well sort of. l-amphetamine isn't inactive. It's just not as good as the d-version. And yea people do usually forget to mention only one of the optical isomers of LSD is active.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Teen dies from Ayahuasca... I thought ayahuasca was harmless? [Re: jellyfish]
    #16895767 - 09/23/12 05:42 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There are otherwise young, healthy folks who drop dead during athletic practice or games.  They usually succumb to an initial supra-ventricular tachyarrhythmia which deteriorates into ventricular fibrillation.  Adderall plus MAOI, in my opinion, could easily have been responsible for production of a fatal tachyarrhythmia in this young man.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: Teen dies from Ayahuasca... I thought ayahuasca was harmless? [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #16895902 - 09/23/12 06:49 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

magnifier661 said:
Quote:

orison319 said:
some tribes mix datura with Ayahuasca..

No shit?  That is one substance I am too scared to take.

Imagine if this was the case for the poor guy, he would've been going through so much mental turmoil it doesn't bare thinking about...

--------------------

Offlineiggi
ShroomSeeker
Male

Re: Teen dies from Ayahuasca... I thought ayahuasca was harmless? [Re: POWAtrippin]
    #16896142 - 09/23/12 08:24 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GreedAndVanity said:
Its probably just fox news being fox news spreading misinformation.

My favorite is when they were saying you would get herpies by playing beer pong if you were not careful.

They merely picked up a spoof article in a college paper, and blasted it all over the main stream.  Good job fox, real quality production you have there.

"Authorities said Wednesday that the shaman, who calls himself "Maestro Mancoluto," told them that Kyle Nolan died after exceeding the dosage of a medicinal plant called Ayahuasca on Aug. 22"

Didn't know ayahuasca was a plant, this article is very informative.

lol amazing how they figured out to blend a vine and leaf together to inhibit the breakdown of the psychedelic effect. Anyone else familiar with the perception of the heart?

--------------------
Where oh where have the little shrooms gone?

My Trip Reports:

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
Re: Teen dies from Ayahuasca... I thought ayahuasca was harmless? [Re: lokariototal] * 1
    #16898352 - 09/23/12 05:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lokariototal said:
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/09/12/american-teen-dies-from-hallucinogen-in-peru/

Have you heard about this news? How did this happen? I thought all psychedelics were harmless...

One of the false ideas / attitudes toward psychedelics. Some are physically safer than others. Look up information about the "therapeutic index" of these chemicals if you want to see how i mean this. Most psychedelics have a much more favorable therapeutic index than many common prescription and OTC drugs. LSD is known to have an incredible TI, which I believe is part of where this myth comes from. All psychedelics are not LSD, despite some similarities. Each psychedelic chemical is somehow unique, but LSD particularly has some interesting properties, this impressively "safe" therapeutic index being one of them.

By contrast DMT is well known to spike blood pressure and heart rate during peak, all on its own. Taken together with an MAOI this poses additional risk.

So a more fair statement would be that Ayahuasca is relatively safe if you are healthy and are not taking any medications or supplements that conflict and you have followed a sufficiently safe diet for the MAOI involved and you do not have certain pre-existing medical conditions and the brew is prepared from safe plants only  (sometimes admixture plants other than just DMT and MAOI containing plants are used, such as DATURA) and you have an experienced enough guide etc, etc... you should be relatively safe...IF there is no one-in-a-billion freak occurrence.

However for most (healthy) people it is supposedly fairly safe as long as guidelines are followed...

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflineTFALLON
Stranger
Re: Teen dies from Ayahuasca... I thought ayahuasca was harmless? [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #16908445 - 09/25/12 01:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So sad. Lured by the sophisticated and elaborate Shimbre Center website. A young teen is enticed to go to Shimbre. The shaman at Shimbre and other Shimbre Team members lied! The Shimbre Team had  already buried the kid, but the Shaman looked the Mother in the face and said the boy left Shimbre suddenly. What kind of person would lie to a desperate Mother. Shame on them for allowing this to happen. Shimbre lied! The Shaman lied! Shimbre's website is shut down...what are they hiding and why? All the kid wanted to do was find his life's path. Why no respect for the dead? Shameful!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom