Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJoolz
Male
Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: Maharishi_2_U]
    #16818389 - 09/09/12 06:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Oh save it. Don't think that all we eat is pizza and soda. I'm 6 foot and 165 pounds. You think I stay that skinny eating pizza and drinking soda all day? Not quite. We buy our own food, veggies, and fruits and eat them daily, but who can help that late night pizza or a cup of soda every once in a while? I know I sure like to live a little and having my taxes every month returned to me on a piece of plastic is all the merrier.

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck Flag
Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #16818391 - 09/09/12 06:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

alcoholichunter said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
he said he has a job and he defrauded the system for food stamps, he's lucky he's not in jail

I don't have a job yet but am about %90 that I will be hired. They just opened yesterday so I didn't defraud the system at all.

this says differently, if the position just opened up yesterday then how did
you submit an application and have it denied in less than a day on a weekend

Quote:

alcoholichunter said:
I got a job cooking at a bar and decided to withhold the information just for shits and giggles on my part.

Quote:

I also don't buy drinks at the bars for the most part. People tend to just buy me shots and beers and give me free coke most the time.

oh yeah... just happens all the time I suppose

you've been busted, you've outed yourself several times and then tried to
back track... seriously, you want us to believe all this crap

--------------------
Winter is a murderous whore -XLCaps

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
certifiedpoopface
 User Gallery

#16818394 - 09/09/12 06:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

People are hungry and suffering while politicians and banking moguls are eating prime rib and countless dollars are spent on prohibition and war.  If they wanna keep up with the bread and circus, I'll be a Roman, but I'm not gonna degrade myself serving them.

People act like they are totally self-made and independent.  The fact is we are all totally dependant on eachother for survival, some are just convinced they are superior and deserve a bigger slice of the pie.

--------------------
MrM

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: Joolz]
    #16818402 - 09/09/12 06:52 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
Oh save it. Don't think that all we eat is pizza and soda. I'm 6 foot and 165 pounds. You think I stay that skinny eating pizza and drinking soda all day? Not quite. We buy our own food, veggies, and fruits and eat them daily, but who can help that late night pizza or a cup of soda every once in a while? I know I sure like to live a little and having my taxes every month returned to me on a piece of plastic is all the merrier.

family of five, I'm the sole support on $5000/year, been out of work for 5
years without foodstamps, welfare or unemployment, know how I do it?
I dont buy frozen pizza and coke

--------------------

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: PA Flag
Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: Maharishi_2_U] * 1
    #16818411 - 09/09/12 06:54 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

boredcertified said:
I disagree.  Make a job man.  That is what Amerika and being a man is all about.  There are ways to earn food money and thangs to barter for thangs.  I was left disabled, a felon on parole, homeless and broke.  It's taking time and a few sessions of tough love from friends and family but I am only 800 dollars and 7 months from being free.  I found a house to squat in (lotsa foreclosures) eat a lot of rice and cheap protiens.  And I have what some here might call "a hustle".  Work hard, play hard!
BC
Joolz you should be ashamed, nothing pisses me off more than a cart with a mom dad and baby, full of soda and convience items.  I'm guessing you were born after 1980.
You're actually proud of that?  Way to go man!  People are suffering and you're eating frozen pizza and drinking soda.  You're a great example of a father.  No wonder our country is fucked!!!

If I owned a property and caught you squatting in it, I'd shoot you dead.

if I owned a property

and a gun.

:awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
    #16818454 - 09/09/12 07:01 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:

Yea and some defraud our country when there are those who truly need help.  I'd rather rob foodstamp boy up there and be a man than puss out and lie on a piece of paper.
Getting your taxes back?  Who pays for roads and schools.  We all owe our small piece I got caught growing weed so I pay fines and they took my house, but I made that with my hands.  As long as you can sleep at night bringing up a child who someone else is feeding, cool.  I call you a weak slithering snake ass bottom feeder.  We are all allowed opinions :shrug:
BC

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #16818484 - 09/09/12 07:06 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
People are hungry and suffering while politicians and banking moguls are eating prime rib and countless dollars are spent on prohibition and war.

so...

--------------------

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: Everlong]
    #16818490 - 09/09/12 07:07 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Everlong said:
Quote:

boredcertified said:
I disagree.  Make a job man.  That is what Amerika and being a man is all about.  There are ways to earn food money and thangs to barter for thangs.  I was left disabled, a felon on parole, homeless and broke.  It's taking time and a few sessions of tough love from friends and family but I am only 800 dollars and 7 months from being free.  I found a house to squat in (lotsa foreclosures) eat a lot of rice and cheap protiens.  And I have what some here might call "a hustle".  Work hard, play hard!
BC
Joolz you should be ashamed, nothing pisses me off more than a cart with a mom dad and baby, full of soda and convience items.  I'm guessing you were born after 1980.
You're actually proud of that?  Way to go man!  People are suffering and you're eating frozen pizza and drinking soda.  You're a great example of a father.  No wonder our country is fucked!!!

if I owned a property

and a gun.

Noone owns it, lol
Better make the first shot count where I live :wink:
This property been vacant since the 50s, I know because there is a 1952 calendar on the wall.  If anything I do the property well, cleaning it and ridding a historic home of varmin.
It was built in 1937, the neighbors know I'm here and like it, I am like neighborhood watch lol
Some of the old couples cook me dinner for yard work and side work....

OfflineJoolz
Male
Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16818504 - 09/09/12 07:10 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Joolz said:

family of five, I'm the sole support on $5000/year, been out of work for 5
years without foodstamps, welfare or unemployment, know how I do it?
I dont buy frozen pizza and coke

Okay, so you're paying for 5 people to live and eat on 5 grand a year? Is your house paid off? Do you have a car and insurance? Do you farm all day every day? How do you pay for your phone service? Why do you post so much on the shroomery if you're so unbelievably poor? Are you secretly jesus and you just eat fish and bread that shoots out of your ass all day? I'd love to believe you pris, but I'm having a hard time. Obviously major things are in your favor if this is true.

Haters gonna hate, but I still eat for free. Might as well enjoy the free shit, especially since life is lacking in other areas thanks to the government.

We're all fucked anyways, might as well enjoy it.

I love how I mention the one or two pizzas we eat and probably 4-5 2 liters (always the 99cent deal 2 liters too) every month and everyone just assumes that's all we buy.

This thread is retarded.

--------------------

OfflineJoolz
Male
    #16818510 - 09/09/12 07:13 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

boredcertified said:
Quote:

Joolz said:

Yea and some defraud our country when there are those who truly need help.  I'd rather rob foodstamp boy up there and be a man than puss out and lie on a piece of paper.
Getting your taxes back?  Who pays for roads and schools.  We all owe our small piece I got caught growing weed so I pay fines and they took my house, but I made that with my hands.  As long as you can sleep at night bringing up a child who someone else is feeding, cool.  I call you a weak slithering snake ass bottom feeder.  We are all allowed opinions :shrug:
BC

I sleep great at night knowing that my paycheck goes into other things to stay alive and knowing that the government feeds my child and I. Do you think that I just have all this money every month because I get food stamps? Not quite. We still hit about zero to 20 bucks max before each paycheck every two weeks. There's rent, electricity, car, insurance, etc. But go on thinking I just rail lines and drink booze and eat pizza all day and the only reason I am capable is because I get food stamps.

We still spend every cent we have just staying alive and sitting at home.

--------------------

Edited by Joolz (09/09/12 07:21 PM)

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: PA Flag
    #16818537 - 09/09/12 07:18 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

boredcertified said:
Quote:

Everlong said:
Quote:

boredcertified said:
BC

if I owned a property

and a gun.

Noone owns it, lol
Better make the first shot count where I live :wink:
This property been vacant since the 50s, I know because there is a 1952 calendar on the wall.  If anything I do the property well, cleaning it and ridding a historic home of varmin.
It was built in 1937, the neighbors know I'm here and like it, I am like neighborhood watch lol
Some of the old couples cook me dinner for yard work and side work....

Sounds like it would make an awesome comedy movie... write a script. :eek:

--------------------

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
certifiedpoopface
 User Gallery

#16818553 - 09/09/12 07:21 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
People are hungry and suffering while politicians and banking moguls are eating prime rib and countless dollars are spent on prohibition and war.

so...

So why the hell can they ride this cash cow into the ground and the rest of us can't?

I don't want a job working at wal-mart, most people don't.  If I could find a non-corporate job that paid a livingwage I would take it, but all jobs are through scab agencies or exploitative multinational corporations.  Fuck that, I'll make my own way with the tools I have at my disposal.

--------------------
MrM

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

#16818626 - 09/09/12 07:38 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
Okay, so you're paying for 5 people to live and eat on 5 grand a year? Is your house paid off? Do you have a car and insurance? Do you farm all day every day? How do you pay for your phone service?

house is paid for but that doesnt mean I dont spend money on utilities just
like everyone else, that's right, electric and water cost money

the vehicles are paid for but I'm required by law to keep insurance on them,
something far better than running the risk of impound and jail or worse yet
if I have a wreck and someone decides to sue me because I had no insurance
and then I lose everything. 3 vehicles that have to be insured, luckily I
can go with liability which reduces the cost and not having an assload of
tickets or wrecks certainly help, another big help is my age, since I'm not
under 25 I'm not paying $2500/year for liability. I even have to keep the
insurance on the lincoln even though it jumped time because as soon as I can
scrounge $250 for the parts I'll be replacing it and it'll be back on the road

2 phones for $30/mo, a share of 250 minutes that roll over, I dont text or
gab on the phone for hours, dont play on the internet on a phone so it's not
like I'll be paying overages

Quote:

Why do you post so much on the shroomery if you're so unbelievably poor?

what else do I have for entertainment? I cant go to the bar because it cost
money to get there and costs money to drink, even if it's just cokes, cant
shoot pool because it costs money, cant really do much of anything with gas
being $3.50/gal and everything is a gallon of gas away

now whare you got the idea that I'm poor I will never know, I simply state that my income was $5000, that means I'm not earning what a doctard or a lawyer does but poor... fuck no, I have a wealth of knowledge and skills

what kind of corners do you cut, certainly not the pizza and pop

Quote:

Are you secretly jesus and you just eat fish and bread that shoots out of your ass all day? I'd love to believe you pris, but I'm having a hard time. Obviously major things are in your favor if this is true.

crazy enough, I cant shoot fish out of my ass but I do for the first time in
my life have a fishing license so now I can walk to the creek and catch some
trout or bass without getting into trouble, I also make my own bread from
scratch... yep, flour, water and yeast, pretty cheap too, I make my own
pasta for a few cents and it's enough for 3 meals, the chickens like to lay
eggs and I like to eat those eggs, I'm not big on eating chicken but I will
because its dinner on the table, I also like to eat the cows, the deers, the
rabbits and squirrels. dove season just closed and in exchange for hunting
privileges my neighbor hooks me up pretty fat, wild turkey, dove and deer

my asparagus did pretty well this year considering how dry it was, I had
strawberries, blue berries and black berries come in pretty early and they
were prolific because of all the early rains, we freeze what we cant eat, we
dry and can tomatoes and many other veggies, make jellies and all kinds of
other stuff, I grow a bit of mustard just for the seeds, that way when I
want some hot mustard it's as easy as grinding my seeds and either adding water for a chinese mustard or adding vingar for the western styles

Quote:

I love how I mention the one or two pizzas we eat and probably 4-5 2 liters (always the 99cent deal 2 liters too) every month and everyone just assumes that's all we buy.

This thread is retarded.

no, you bragged about spending the foodstamp money on junk foods, sure you mentioned fruits and shit but you were bragging about frozen pizzas and and soft drinks

need a refresher?

Quote:

Joolz said:
Thank you food stamps. I get to use ours (fiance, 3 month old son, and me) on food. Thanks to technically being a 3 person household, we get something like 300 bucks a month. But I don't have to buy anything for the kid except nursery water because WIC supplies enough formula per month that we maybe have to buy one little jar of it, but most times we have extra.

We buy pop and frozen pizzas with it, although we do make it to the fresh fruit and veggies aisle as well.

Jelly? :lol: I work and pay taxes as well.

--------------------

Offlinethe_drummer
Stucking Foaned
 User Gallery

Loc: The Kan-Abyss
    #16818635 - 09/09/12 07:41 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

So I'm not going to read this thread. Too long.

But check this out OP. They feed you and let you stay there for free. Seems like a sweet ass deal to me. Check it out and see if there is a farm in your area.

--------------------

"That's the vernacular, isn't it?" --Mrs. Peel

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

#16818643 - 09/09/12 07:44 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

moonrockmushy said:

so...

So why the hell can they ride this cash cow into the ground and the rest of us can't?

because they have money, they manage theirs properly

Quote:

I don't want a job working at wal-mart, most people don't.  If I could find a non-corporate job that paid a livingwage I would take it, but all jobs are through scab agencies or exploitative multinational corporations.  Fuck that, I'll make my own way with the tools I have at my disposal.

see, now you want something that's probably not attainable, even mom and pop
places are exploitative corporations. the way I see things, you either want
work or you dont, if you dont, then dont work by why should you expect a
hand out for doing nothing as so many are doing. if you do want to work then
it's best to go ahead and take what you can get until you can get better and
just as you said, do for yourself, that's what the fat cats usually do,
after a while you may be a multinational company that people are always
bitching about in the worker exploitation department

--------------------

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
    #16818656 - 09/09/12 07:46 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

alcoholichunter said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
he said he has a job and he defrauded the system for food stamps, he's lucky he's not in jail

I don't have a job yet but am about %90 that I will be hired. They just opened yesterday so I didn't defraud the system at all.

I also don't buy drinks at the bars for the most part. People tend to just buy me shots and beers and give me free coke most the time. I don't ask for drinks and coke but why turn it down if it's offered?

I tried the benzedrex inhaler because I was curious about the high. Everyone keeps saying if I can afford to get high occasionally I should be able to afford my own food. I'm pretty sure I can't feed myself with 40 bucks a month. I guess I could eat pasta and rice all day everyday.:sad:

I just wanted a bit of help while I was a full time student in college. :shrug: If this job works out I won't have to deal with the welfare office at all and I'll be happy.

Finding work here is extremely difficult. You either have to know someone to get a job or work 60+ hours a week in a factory that is impossible for me to do when I am in college. Even when I would apply for those jobs before I decided to go to college there is a very small window to get hired that I just seemed to have kept missing.

Something like %13 of people my age are unemployed in the united states. That is just the ones getting unemployment. Going back to college was definitely the smart thing to do in my situation.

Go apply at your nearest UPS hub or center. Peak season is right around the corner and they'll be hiring tons of seasonal employees to handle the extra volume. Starting pay is $8.50/hr and if they keep you on after Christmas, you'll be on the road to having full union health benefits for a part-time job. I worked through school doing this (took me 5 years to get my 4 year degree, but it is what it is).

OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery

Loc: tennessee
    #16818674 - 09/09/12 07:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

They should drug test everyone that gets food stamps.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: the_drummer]
    #16818675 - 09/09/12 07:49 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the_drummer said:
So I'm not going to read this thread. Too long.

But check this out OP. They feed you and let you stay there for free. Seems like a sweet ass deal to me. Check it out and see if there is a farm in your area.

he'd have to quit school and do work

I'm not quite ready to take on wwoofers, I still have some work to do to a
mobile home on the sight to make it livable

--------------------

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

#16818711 - 09/09/12 07:57 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Hahahaha
Atta boy Pris. We don't agree on everything but we both know how to get by.
Feel bad for joolz when the dollar crashes and there are no grocery stores left :wink:
Reminds me of a Grateful Dead cover actually Jerry and David Grisam
"Peaches in the summer time, apples in the fall, shady grove my little love....."

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
certifiedpoopface
 User Gallery

Re: They took my food stamps away! [Re: Sundrop]
    #16818714 - 09/09/12 07:57 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

UPS sucks.  If you work there work safe.  Don't cave to management pressure to cut corners.

Quote:

drewo said:
They should drug test everyone that gets food stamps.

Do you know how much that would cost and how ineffective drug tests are?

They should drug test all politicians that enforce drug laws as well as upper management that drug test new employees.

--------------------
MrM

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Grateful Dead

Community >> The Pub