Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life * 1
    #16815268 - 09/09/12 04:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Three and a half weeks ago I was high on Methoxetamine, within Hole M, and it dawned on my that I wanted to return to the RC Church I was baptized in, attend the sunday service and receive the Eucharist.

This was quite a revelation. I consider myself "christian compatible" but by no means a Roman Catholic, I fiercely oppose some positions of the Vatican for one and believe that the road through Jesus is but one of millions of ways, not the one and only. And I'm not fond of organized religion period.

The idea that dawned was to take part in Mass, be among the many well intentioned people, sharing their spiritual moment of the week, absorb their energies and send my own, then accept that Eucharist, which is basically a starch wafer blessed by the priest and the consolidated energies of the assembled.

So I went, it was odd, not awkward, and all in all a meaningful experience.  I asked my inner dialogue if God was present there and he said:  "God is here, living in the hearts of the people."

The next saturday I took the dr00gz a bit far, another psychedelic session, and that sunday passed by. That felt OK.

Now, today I went again, for the second time in my adult life.

The choir was something terrible :lol: I decided not to judge but send positive vibes instead. The sermon.. hmm.. how do I say that without sounding :snub:  umm it was very much by and for the common man.

But! During the course of the Mass I filled up with a rather deep joy, it was almost as if I had taken a E, minus the gurning of course :lol:  I was getting quite a blissed expression, and this built throughout the ceremony. I was much more in tune with the energy flows, I could clearly feel the energy ramp up with the charging of the Eucharist with prayers and blessings.

It was quite an enjoyable experience, it had me euphoric  (and I still grin a lot in fact) and it was really something I shared with these people and my sense of God, not as much with the Vatican or other absentees.

I left the church, took the door to hold it open for those after me, I turn and BAM! I'm face to face with someone I havent seen in decades and inexplicably thought of in the past few days and right before attending church. We exchanged from the heart, then parted.  I asked if he attended regularly.  Nope, this was his first time, he didnt know why he went that day. Had he seen me? Nope, it just happened at the door.

See, that sort of thing hits my superstitionbone :smile:

All in all it was a very pleasant spiritual experience and though I will not be a Roman Catholic, I'll likely turn up in the RC church more often to attend Mass. This could have probably happened in a Mosque too, the "magic" was in the sharing by a mass of people of a spiritual experience and focussing energies collectively.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: Asante]
    #16815527 - 09/09/12 06:09 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That is really awesome, man. :thumbup:
:feelsgoodman:

I'm a pretty religious christian myself, and I also have major issues with the organized religion aspect. It's such a shame that the church is the way that it is, because so many great people are involved in it and there's such a great community, it's just a shame the church has to be the way it is and advocate the bullshit it does. There is something really cool, beautiful, and special about sharing religious experience with others, it's just such a shame that the church is so backwards.

Every time I go to church, I'm always really disappointed about how much politics is involved and how little God is involved. But the people want God to be involved, you can see it in their serious dedicated faces. I wish the church was different. All the best people I know IRL are former members of the church for the same reasons. It's such a shame, it could be so beautiful.

It could be so beautiful.

Sorry for the rambling reply, coming down off 25i.

Edited by nooneman (09/09/12 06:10 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: Asante]
    #16815532 - 09/09/12 06:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineClosedEyeCigarette
Sigmund Freud's Dildo

Loc: USA Flag
Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: Icelander]
    #16815617 - 09/09/12 06:39 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Just when you think you're happy
I come around
I was meant to be
A punishment to you
A thorn in your side
A cancer eating through
I twist reality
And make it hard to bear
I am the only thing left
When love isn't there

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: ClosedEyeCigarette]
    #16815632 - 09/09/12 06:42 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:braindamage:

--------------------

Sigmund Freud's Dildo

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: Icelander]
    #16815639 - 09/09/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:shoosh:

--------------------
I come around
I was meant to be
A punishment to you
A thorn in your side
A cancer eating through
I twist reality
And make it hard to bear
I am the only thing left
When love isn't there

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: ClosedEyeCigarette]
    #16815660 - 09/09/12 06:49 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Sigmund Freud's Dildo

#16815666 - 09/09/12 06:52 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
I come around
I was meant to be
A punishment to you
A thorn in your side
A cancer eating through
I twist reality
And make it hard to bear
I am the only thing left
When love isn't there

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16815694 - 09/09/12 07:02 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I had one of those in my care for awhile. They are quite dangerous but if they are in a cold climate they cannot move until the sun warms them up so that's the time to tease them if you're going to. :satansmoking:

--------------------

Sigmund Freud's Dildo

#16815735 - 09/09/12 07:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

When their heads are in the ground and their asses are up in the air, well, you know...:thumbup:

--------------------
I come around
I was meant to be
A punishment to you
A thorn in your side
A cancer eating through
I twist reality
And make it hard to bear
I am the only thing left
When love isn't there

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: nooneman]
    #16815795 - 09/09/12 07:35 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'm always really disappointed about how much politics is involved and how little God is involved. But the people want God to be involved, you can see it in their serious dedicated faces. I wish the church was different. All the best people I know IRL are former members of the church for the same reasons. It's such a shame, it could be so beautiful.

You have to skirt around the organized religion part a bit, its not about the church, its about these people gathering and focussing their positive energies towards Divinity and upon each other.  As my inner dialoge said, "God is here, living in the hearts of the people" focus un that and let the blabla that comes with the organized religion part slide off you without letting it foul up your service.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16815980 - 09/09/12 08:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That service IS the organized religion.

--------------------

OfflineEpistrophy
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16816123 - 09/09/12 09:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Good for you brother. I'm glad you found meaning in that experience.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #16816870 - 09/09/12 11:57 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nicely said!  (My Lady thinks so too!)  :thumbup:

The attraction to these symbols is powerful, despite the power structure that encloses the Mass. I was raised Reformed Jewish, but rebelled at an early age refusing Bar Mitzvah, which highly embarrassed my father who literally built the original synagogue. I took Catholic catechism shortly after graduating college, (having been influenced by the sweet, non-neurotic nature of some Catholic neighbors, and my best friend's family with its Sacred Heart pictures around the house). It was then that I seriously contemplated joining a monastic order. I even attended 7:00 am Mass for some time with a tripping/camping  buddy who served as my Baptismal witness (another Catholic). Eventually, I woke up one day, and the burden of believing that I should join a monastic order left me. I entered a Methodist seminary, but retained my admiration for Catholic mystics (and Eastern Orthodox theology). I attended Mass even into grad school, but it was my Catholic ex-wife who actually got me OUT of the practice.

After many years, I could no longer ignore the atrocities that the Catholic Church was responsible for. On a trip to Germany to visit a relative, I was awed by Cologne Cathedral, and I visited many ancient small churches, but it occurred to me that the great mystic Meister Eckhart would have been burned at the stake at Cologne, in the place where teenagers were skate-boarding, some 677 years earlier, if he hadn't first died of natural causes. Eckhart is the mystic that Eckhart Tolles took his first name from, and he was like the Ramana Maharshi of the West. That realization opened a crack in any positive sentiment towards the Roman Catholic Church as the incidents of the Albigensian Crusades came to mind (I was very into Gnosticism at the time), and the wholesale immolation of 'heretics,' including women and children. The crack widened onto the persecutions, expulsions, confiscations of property and ghettoization of Jews (and I don't even have a strong identification with Jewish culture); the persecution of witches, pagans, and heretics (magicians, sorcerers, alchemists, philosophers, etc.) in the 'Holy Inquisition' staffed by the worst sadists in history.

I received the Eucharist recently at the funeral service of my best friend's sister (the same friend whose Sacred Heart pics influenced me at a deep level). My wife and most others in attendance did not receive. I still can appreciate the symbolic meanings of the ritual, but I'll never be a real Catholic. It's difficult to even refer to myself as a Christian at this point because I do not want to be associated with what most people think when they hear the word Christian (some dogmatic beliefs). I seem to have no recourse but to use bizarre idiosyncratic terms like Jewish-Christian Gnostic, or Jewish-Christian Entheogenic Gnostic, for the intended purpose of clarity, but in actuality, it is anything but clear. I'm glad that you can scrape the 'barnacle encrustations' of history off the vessel of the Mass sufficiently to benefit from its deep roots in the Western psyche. As for, me, I am probably perceived as the 'Wandering Jew,' a heretic to Christians, an apostate to Jews, and understood, if at all, by those few whose Entheogenic Excursions have shown the truth that transcends the earthly vessels of religious tradition.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #16817266 - 09/09/12 01:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16814869/gonew/1#UNREAD

LOL...

I'll be going back to church next week for the first time in a decade, but it won't be to attend mass.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: SWEDEN]
    #16817312 - 09/09/12 01:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Will you be out to settle some old scores? :satansmoking:

--------------------

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #16817382 - 09/09/12 01:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

In a manner of speaking, yes. The only bad thing that happened to me at that church was boredom.
If there really are going to be public declarations of their crimes I want to see it happening, not just read about it the next day.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #16817610 - 09/09/12 02:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
That service IS the organized religion.

Strangely enough, its the only thing about catholicism i actually like. I love the art work, architecture, and pageantry of it all. A few years ago i spent a month or two going nearly every Sunday blasted on 2ce just for giggles. Its like a weekly event designed to facilitate a psychedelic experience.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: blewmeanie]
    #16818219 - 09/09/12 04:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You might also like Disneyland then. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefatal222316
Alive
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #16819495 - 09/09/12 08:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I too recently went to a church southern baptist though, I in no way like organized religion but was dragged there.  It was really boring but the thing I noticed was the amount of energy people were giving off if your receptive to that it was quiet amazing even though I did not agree or believe in a word they were saying. If only they could use that energy in a better way outside of church hmmmm naaaa never happen.

--------------------
"Who says upright Ape's should know the secrets of the Universe"--Terrance McKenna

Invisibleteknix
𓂀⟁𓅢𓍝𓅃𓊰𓉡 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

#16821470 - 09/10/12 02:51 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Oxytocin. I can get it flowing by focusing attention and will towards the crown. It gives me goosebumps on my arms making the hair stand up.

I do feel it at churches as well, but it isn't necessary for me to attend a mass to experience it anymore. I do remember that experience at a church, it seems to intensify if you hold your arms out above your head.

It's a wierd phenomena tbh, it is hard to explain.

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: teknix]
    #16821473 - 09/10/12 02:52 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

what they put on that wafer bro?.

--------------------

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
    #16821504 - 09/10/12 03:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

it occurred to me that the great mystic Meister Eckhart would have been burned at the stake at Cologne... ...if he hadn't first died of natural causes... ...the Albigensian Crusades came to mind and the wholesale immolation of 'heretics,' including women and children... ...onto the persecutions, expulsions, confiscations of property and ghettoization of Jews the persecution of witches, pagans, and heretics (magicians, sorcerers, alchemists, philosophers, etc.) in the 'Holy Inquisition' staffed by the worst sadists in history.

Awesome church, creating, aiding and abetting pedophiles, telling people what they can and cannot believe, this is just what my whole life has been leading to, working in mysterious ways...

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #16821645 - 09/10/12 05:07 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah lets support that and justify it's existence in any way we can. :satansmoking:

--------------------

Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
    #16821735 - 09/10/12 06:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

last month i entered a RC church and experience how the original feel still intact.

--------------------
cultivando en la miseria

SuctoSpore® Pictorial Tek

x7x_x7x@shroomery.org

carl_jung_in_lsd@yahoo.com

koh samui and oak ridge are my favourite strains

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: x7x_x7x]
    #16822411 - 09/10/12 10:54 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder what you just said?:lol:

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #16824208 - 09/10/12 04:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've been to Church three times in my past decade or so - the deaths of Grandparents. I thoroughly enjoyed singing the Hallelujah song.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: c0sm0nautt] * 1
    #16824275 - 09/10/12 04:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Did you ever sing the hallelujah song...on WEED?

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: I just received the Eucharist for the second time in my adult life [Re: blewmeanie]
    #16824305 - 09/10/12 04:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds