Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible5-HT2A
Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say
    #16742028 - 08/27/12 08:43 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/brian-mulligan-bath-salts-deutsche-bank-executive_n_1822018.html

An executive of one of the largest banks in the world allegedly told the police during an incident in May that he ingested “white lightning,” which police say is a commercial name for bath salts, CBS reports.

Brian Mulligan, the 52-year-old managing director and vice chairman of media and telecommunications for Deutsche Bank, is suing the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) for $50 million, claiming he was held captive in a motel room by police officers who then beat him to a pulp.

The police report, obtained exclusively by CBS, states that Mulligan was sweating profusely and walking with an unsteady gait when officers responded to reports that he was trying to break into cars in a Jack-in-the-Box parking lot.

Mulligan told officers he was being chased and didn't know why. He also stated that he had ingested "white lightning" and marijuana and that he had not slept for four days.

LAPD Officer Cleon Joseph told The Huffington Post last week that when officers searched Mulligan's car, they found thousands of dollars. Because the executive told officers that he was exhausted, the officers agreed to take him to a motel. First, they counted his cash to make sure it was all still there after they transported him.

Mulligan said he was in the hotel room for several hours before deciding to leave because he thought he was being set up to be robbed or killed, the Daily Mail reported. He said that when he came out, he was beaten ruthlessly by the LAPD. However, the LAPD denied to HuffPost even being there after officers dropped Mulligan off.

A few hours later, at about 1 a.m., police received another call from the same area, this time about a man running in traffic, Officer Joseph told HuffPost. Mulligan, standing in the street, defied officers' orders to get out of traffic's way. Instead, Mulligan bared his teeth, snarled and charged at the officers.

Officers tackled Mulligan and took control of him, Joseph said. During the take-down, the executive sustained 15 fractures to the nasal area, a broken scapula and severe facial lacerations that left him at a point where he "barely looked human," TMZ reports. Police reported the incident as a categorical use of force and are conducting a standard investigation to determine if the force was necessary.

When officers first encountered Mulligan, he told them that he was going through a divorce and was feeling very depressed.

Mulligan said he would file his lawsuit against police sometime this week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #16742130 - 08/27/12 09:11 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Holy fuck, how do you even get 15 fractures in your face? Sounds like what would happen if you jumped face first off a building

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #16742536 - 08/27/12 11:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

White lightning refers to pure grain ethanol. I've never heard it used to describe bath salts until now.

--------------------

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: SWEDEN]
    #16742582 - 08/27/12 11:13 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SWEDEN said:
White lightning refers to pure grain ethanol. I've never heard it used to describe bath salts until now.

Hey yea, I forgot about that! Wonder which one he meant...

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: bloodsheen]
    #16742593 - 08/27/12 11:15 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bloodsheen said:
Quote:

SWEDEN said:

Hey yea, I forgot about that! Wonder which one he meant...

Probably not alcohol as I really doubt that would keep him up for four days.

--------------------

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: The Vapor]
    #16742606 - 08/27/12 11:19 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe the two were unrelated. Or, maybe he was drinking to help him sleep, like some hardcore insomnia...

However, you are probably right, its probably bath salts

--------------------

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

#16742674 - 08/27/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

5-HT2A said:

Because the executive told officers that he was exhausted, the officers agreed to take him to a motel. First, they counted his cash to make sure it was all still there after they transported him.

Funny how the police protect wealthy and important people, if this was a regular dude charging at them high on "bath salts", you can be sure there would have been a body. So he charges at them and is still suing??

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: Sham87]
    #16742924 - 08/27/12 12:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say chances are decent that it's moonshine, even though he was up for 4 days. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of something like that.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlinecosmicpsychonaut
ShrOoMeR
Male

Loc: My house
Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #16743078 - 08/27/12 01:25 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i thought white lightening was LSD haha turns out it's bath salts

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: cosmicpsychonaut]
    #16743798 - 08/27/12 03:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ive always heard white lighting in relation to bath salts

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: psyconaught]
    #16744447 - 08/27/12 06:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

White lightning used to be the term Owsley used for his white tablets, now he was most likely alluding to the term used by moonshiners.I Wonder if the makers of the bath salts knew about this connection or not

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
    #16744465 - 08/27/12 06:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:lolwut:

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16746443 - 08/28/12 03:20 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This thread does not address the real issue.

POlice beat the shit out of this guy, and he isn't even black, or poor.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/27/brian-mulligan-lapd-lawsuit-photo-police-brutality-banker/

I'd amend the title to address the actual issue, fuck the bath salts.

--------------------

Edited by Humility (08/28/12 03:21 AM)

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: Humility]
    #16746462 - 08/28/12 03:31 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Fuck that, the story here is that some guy was reportedly acting strange and trying to break into cars, yet because he was white and had thousands of dollars in his car they just took him to a motel. Obviously rich white people can't do anything crazy or weird, the witnesses must have been mistaken.

So what, anyone really believes the cops took him to a hotel and waited outside for hours and hours for what, shits and giggles? Then when he tried to leave they just beat the living shit out of him, also for supposed shits and giggles?

Then later, he starts running around in traffic, at which point he is beaten...again? Why wouldn't you go home after you got beaten the first time if you were a logical man with all your faculties intact? And why wouldn't the cops just take your money or kill you when they first responded? Or the second time they responded?

I know you people don't like to blame drugs for criminal activities, but I'm pretty sure this dude was fucked out of his skull and has no real idea what happened that night

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: bloodsheen] * 3
    #16746478 - 08/28/12 03:47 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

And that justifies beating the shit out of him?

People die when shit like this happens.  Someone kills one person too many and people get fed up and people revolt and start killing motherfuckers.

And it's because of people like you bloodsheen, who make justifications for why it's okay for one person or in this case ARMED and ARMORED GANG of THUGS beats the absolute shit out of a man that was neither armed nor armored.

Some dumb bitch in the comments section of that link I posted ACTUALLY SAID something along the lines of "he must be seeking attention or he would have wiped that blood off" when this was clearly taken in a hospital.

Either way, why would you get rid of the evidence of a serious crime like that?  People have LOST their FUCKING MINDS in regards to police violence in this country.  If I walk up to a cop with a group of guys and beat the shit out of him, there's national press coverage and everyone wants to feel bad.  Everyone wants to talk about how good this guy is and how horrible this is.

But the police beat the fucking SHIT out of people, rape women and MURDER, yes I said MURDER (if it was murder to kill jews, this shit is murder as well) unarmed people all the time.

And by all the time I mean EVERY FUCKING DAY.

And yet it rolls off folks like ducks on a water's ass.  People don't give a fuck about each other anymore.  People have become callous and by and large are brainwashed.

There is NO excuse for a group of "trained professionals" to cause as much suffering and havoc as they have, and yet people continually, time after time, support and applaud this bullshit.

The Germans that watched Jews get carted away should have been arrested for crimes against humanity.  There should be consequences for watching a government you pay money to abuse, murder, and harrass/torture people that haven't hurt anyone.

--------------------

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: Humility]
    #16746496 - 08/28/12 04:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, all that is well and good and kind of crazy, but how do you explain that guy's telling of the evening in question? Does any of that make any sense? Plus the injuries this guy got sound like the, admittedly overzealous, actions required to take down a crazy guy running at you.

Broken as fuck face, cop probably beat him with his nightstick really hard because the guy was supposedly snarling and charging him. Broken scapula, thats what happens when you get taken down hard on your back in the middle of the street. Lacerations, again, mixture of getting hit in the face with the club and getting taken to the ground.

I get your whole "cops have too much power, they are like nazis, etc.," but what job do you want cops to do exactly? I mean, what do you think they should have the power to do? Do you want them to let a crazy man run around in the street, endangering both himself and all the people around him? Or, do you expect them to be super ninjas, able to subdue people with a single graceful motion of the arm? Have you, personally, ever tried to tie an enraged man's hands behind his back? I'm sure you've seen cops, sometimes it takes two or three people just to get his arms into the correct position for handcuffs.

Do cops take it too far? Sure, obviously. But do you really, I mean honestly, expect every criminal to be peacefully and magically wisked away to a jail cell where they are also magically rehabilitated and on Scouts honor swear to never hurt another living soul for as long as they shall live so help me God?

Libertarianism is one thing, but what you seem to want is essentially anarchy, the only system where there aren't "thugs" to help keep order

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Deutsche Bank Executive Said He Was On 'White Lightning,' Police Say [Re: bloodsheen]
    #16746554 - 08/28/12 04:57 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Anarchy is a loaded word.

I want freedom from government oppression, as have oppressed peoples throughout history.

And throughout history there have been justifications and apologies made for why people need to brutalize others, or use violent force against others.

If that's your worldview, if you believe one class of people needs to have "authority" to hurt others, that's your business.

--------------------

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

#16746566 - 08/28/12 05:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, its called government.

And no, anarchy is not a loaded word from where you seem to stand. You seem to believe law enforcement is inherently evil, meaning you don't believe in law enforcement, meaning you wish for anarchy. I don't see the wriggle room here

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#16746909 - 08/28/12 08:27 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Whatever then man.  Just like you're saying now, there have been reasons for why people believe blacks needed to be drug behind cars and lynched and burned.

Reasons why people needed to be shoved into ovens and gassed to death.

Reasons why people needed to be chopped up by machete, murdered en masse and have tanks drive over them.

Reasons why the educated, or "western-influenced" needed to die so that "year zero" could begin afresh.

Violence against non-violent people is wrong.

The police, military and government ARE violence against non-violent people.  Without extorting people for "Tax money" those jobs don't exist, or at least the funds to pay those jobs don't exist.  And all of those jobs revolve entirely around taking things from people, or having violent people place their hands, or their weapons, on non-violent people.

I believe in the freedom to live life freely.  Free from the violence of tyrants.

What you believe, as I said before, is your business.  Go ahead and justify and see which side of history you fall on.  See what your children and your descendants think of you, what they say about you.

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #16775379 - 09/02/12 08:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

All of your examples of violent people were justified in their own minds, and you are suggesting anarchy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies