Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebiggysmall
Stranger
Male

Loc: your moms bedroom
intoxicated man finds himself in dumpster
    #16694577 - 08/13/12 07:13 PM (2 years, 20 days ago)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/oregon-man-survives-being-compacted-dumpster-twice-175751385.html
Justin Gilpatrick said he hadn't had a drink in years. But after a night out drinking with a friend in Portland. Ore., the 27-year-old decided he was too intoxicated to drive home. So, in a questionable move, Gilpatrick decided to sleep it off in a nearby dumpster.
Unfortunately for him, a night of getting trashed took a literal turn when the dumpster was picked up by a garbage truck, which promptly dumped Gilpatrick inside and twice attempted to compact the load of trash.
KGW reports that when the driver of the Waste Management truck parked at a nearby shopping mall, the driver heard Gilpatrick screaming from inside. He was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Portland Police Lt. Robert King says that amazingly Gilpatrick escaped without any major injuries, describing him merely as being "shaken up" by the incident.
In fact, Waste Management spokeswoman Jackie Lang said the driver had to convince Gilpatrick to not walk away from the scene and to stick around for the ambulance to arrive.
The Daily Mail reports that Gilpatrick took to his Facebook page on Friday after being released from the hospital and wrote, "I have not had a drink in years and the one time I do this I what happens. I will never drink again."
Also listed on Gilpatrick's Facbeook page under his "favorite quotes" section is a saying from the English poet Samuel Johnson, "He who makes a beast of himself deals with the pain of being a man."
Say what you will about the wisdom of sleeping in a dumpster. But all in all, Gilpatrick came out looking less foolish than his drinking buddy who decided to drive home. Gilpatrick notes that his friend, while not sustaining any life-threatening injuries, was involved in a three-car accident.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: intoxicated man finds himself in dumpster [Re: biggysmall]
    #16695206 - 08/13/12 09:04 PM (2 years, 20 days ago)

Wow.  Close call.  Almost earned himself a Darwin Award.  :facepalm:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me (SWIM) -  and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I no longer answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend, so don't bother.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread...no exceptions.  Anyone with less than 1,000 posts is automatically assumed to be a cop.

OfflineAt My Peak
Jarell
Male

Loc: common side effect of met...
Re: intoxicated man finds himself in dumpster [Re: Nature Boy]
    #16696443 - 08/14/12 01:07 AM (2 years, 19 days ago)

This guy went beast mode

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Everything I say is completely and 100% true and is a widely known and personally tested fact.

Offlinesaxx
Stranger

Re: intoxicated man finds himself in dumpster [Re: At My Peak]
    #16696877 - 08/14/12 03:12 AM (2 years, 19 days ago)

Been there done that.

--------------------
sucking dick for drink tickets
at the free bar at my cousin's bat mitzvah

zappateer said:
I'm not wasting time at school. I'm gaining hella knowledge and life experience, not trying to use my degree for financial gain.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service