Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: NARYA]
    #16125221 - 04/22/12 05:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It's a shame the current law in a way gives these groups a monopoly on legally consuming Aya. I have faith that will change within the next decade and other alternative will open to consume this stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #16125824 - 04/22/12 07:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
It's a shame the current law in a way gives these groups a monopoly on legally consuming Aya. I have faith that will change within the next decade and other alternative will open to consume this stuff.

Well, it's legal due to the religious freedom act, which is a good thing. It's just a shame that they go over the top with the patriarchal brainwashing B.S...

Maybe an ancient Peruvian tribe will pop out of the amazon and fight for their right to consume ayahuasca in the states :shrug:

Maybe i'll lobby for them :lol:

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

OfflineWizard64
Stranger
Where is that private church that was mentioned in this thread in Northern California? [Re: Satyapriya]
    #16605882 - 07/28/12 12:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, just wondering where that church is in Northern California that the Cosmic Cowboy mentioned in this thread... does anyone know? Maybe in a private message if you would rather?

Thanks,

The Wizard

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Re: Where is that private church that was mentioned in this thread in Northern California? [Re: Wizard64]
    #16608042 - 07/28/12 08:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wizard64 said:
Hi, just wondering where that church is in Northern California that the Cosmic Cowboy mentioned in this thread... does anyone know? Maybe in a private message if you would rather?

Thanks,

The Wizard

Nope, no idea.

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

Offlinestillsearching
Stranger

Re: Where is that private church that was mentioned in this thread in Northern California? [Re: Satyapriya]
    #16608234 - 07/28/12 09:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Way to bump this thread! This was an enjoyable read while at work for me today! I just have a hard time trusting any of these ritualistic groups. But it sounds like maybe you learned what you don't want to do in the future! I am interested in going to Peru for an ayahuasca experience. But I am worried about having there type of experience that you had there...and being sooo far away.

--------------------
“I wonder if being sane means disregarding the chaos that is life, pretending only an infinitesimal segment of it is reality.”

"Only to the extent that man exposes himself over and over again to annihilation, can that which is indestructible arise within him. In this lies the dignity of daring... Only if we venture repeatedly through zones of annihilation can our contact with Divine Being, which is beyond annihilation, become firm and stable. The more a man learns wholeheartedly to confront the world which threatens him with isolation, the more are the depths of the Ground of Being revealed and the possibilities of new life and Becoming opened."

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Where is that private church that was mentioned in this thread in Northern California? [Re: stillsearching]
    #16608533 - 07/28/12 11:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

holy shit! santo daime is known for this cult shit though!

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Re: Where is that private church that was mentioned in this thread in Northern California? [Re: stillsearching]
    #16615989 - 07/30/12 11:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

stillsearching said:
Way to bump this thread! This was an enjoyable read while at work for me today! I just have a hard time trusting any of these ritualistic groups. But it sounds like maybe you learned what you don't want to do in the future! I am interested in going to Peru for an ayahuasca experience. But I am worried about having there type of experience that you had there...and being sooo far away.

Yeah I'm weary about that too. I'd have to really feel like I could trust the shaman before partaking with him or his group. As I've heard some pretty dark and disheartening stories...

--------------------

OfflineAshlandHippyFux
Stranger
    #16669877 - 08/09/12 07:30 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

A good friend died a few weeks ago from trying this to help him solve some problems he was having.

Edited by AshlandHippyFux (08/09/12 11:19 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: AshlandHippyFux]
    #16669916 - 08/09/12 07:46 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

If it's not fabricated then how about some factual news links to what you are claiming.

Not that I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not taking your word for it.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Icelander]
    #16670105 - 08/09/12 09:06 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Come on, AshlandHippyFux has as history of honestly on these forums. I sense no anger or bitterness in his post. :lol:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16670462 - 08/09/12 10:36 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

Well I know some guys in that group. I personally don't care for them but I wouldn't dis them to that extent without some evidence.

--------------------

OfflineAshlandHippyFux
Stranger
    #16670621 - 08/09/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Edited my previous post because I was angry and sad thinking about and was venting sorry.

Quote:

Icelander said:
If it's not fabricated then how about some factual news links to what you are claiming.

Not that I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not taking your word for it.

Take it for what you want just be careful. I only posted to hopefully help some people in a real spiritual way and avoid a tragedy. I was trying find details about what happened which led me to these forums.

I've tried to find links or a news report too and wasn't able to. This is coming from direct communication with friends, not the Internet.

According to what I heard the "Shaman" or "gaurdian" neglected him and he choked on his own vomit. But everyone is in distress about it and I didn't want to press the issue at this time, as you might imagine.

Quote:

Icelander said:
:lol:

Well I know some guys in that group. I personally don't care for them but I wouldn't dis them to that extent without some evidence.

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Come on, AshlandHippyFux has as history of honestly on these forums. I sense no anger or bitterness in his post. :lol:

I don't know who the "Shaman" was but I created the name because I've experienced many negative people who I definitely wouldn't consider "kind" who are associated with that culture in the area.

Should I be happy my friend died trying to deal with/solve some internal problems? There are several other instances of people not getting better and going crazy recently. I just wanted people to know.

It was a bad choice for a name I probably won't post anymore.

Edited by AshlandHippyFux (08/09/12 11:28 AM)

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: AshlandHippyFux]
    #16671098 - 08/09/12 01:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AshlandHippyFux said:
Take it for what you want just be careful. I only posted to hopefully help some people in a real spiritual way and avoid a tragedy. I was trying find details about what happened which led me to these forums.

I've tried to find links or a news report too and wasn't able to. This is coming from direct communication with friends, not the Internet.

According to what I heard the "Shaman" or "gaurdian" neglected him and he choked on his own vomit. But everyone is in distress about it and I didn't want to press the issue at this time, as you might imagine.

Ughh, that's horrible! I'm sorry to hear that :sad:

Fucking Santo Daime... I'm not in the least bit surprised.

Asshole guardians.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #16671223 - 08/09/12 01:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, sorry to hear about that man. A real tragedy that could have been averted. I try and stay away from the institutions, whether they be as small as Santo Daime or as large as the Vatican. People probably have mixed experiences though. Nothing beats good friends you can trust.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16671883 - 08/09/12 03:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I think I  remember this now.  The leader left him alone against protocol from what I've heard and the guy died on his vomit.  Was this the guy trying to break drug or alcohol addiction?

Sounds like a nice try gone bad.  However mistakes like this can happen when you put your life in another's hands.  Just look at all the mistakes doctors make that kill the patient.  It's amazing any of us make it to old age. 

Maybe he's in a much better place now. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Icelander]
    #16673792 - 08/09/12 09:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Maybe he's in a much better place now. :shrug:

:waitwhat:

Did Icelander actually say something positive and encouraging??

:ohyou:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: Satyapriya]
    #16675716 - 08/10/12 10:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Shit man anyplace has got to be better than earth. :satansmoking:

--------------------

Offlinelilibra
Stranger
    #17826373 - 02/18/13 06:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

so i am from brazil and i am in california. i want to go to a santo daime work here in the us. whats the email so i can contact the church? can someone help me?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: lilibra]
    #17828784 - 02/19/13 05:11 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lilibra said:
so i am from brazil and i am in california. i want to go to a santo daime work here in the us. whats the email so i can contact the church? can someone help me?

have you read the whole thread??

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: So I contacted the Santo Daime church in Ashland, Oregon [Re: zzripz]
    #17828813 - 02/19/13 05:28 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I am DELIGHTED this thread has been buimped into life again. I love it so much I could eat it!!!

It is also funny seeing my part in it from last year also.
Why do I love it so much. BECAUSE IT IS REAL!!!

In another thread I have started at The Shroomery titled 'power versus powerlessness' I am trying to explore for myself and hope others explore with me how these games of control-freakery are devised and maintained in all seemingly un-related myths, philosophies, cults, religions, subjects and institutions, and the only way we can undermine control-freakery whereever it rears its head is by questioning. ALWAYS questioning

a) what control-freakery do we continue under?
A so-called war on drugs, which includes being a war on freedom for individuals to ingest what they want and to explore consciousness, and nature and reality.

b) Yes, there is the much hyped resurgence of psycho-therapeutic psychotherapy, BUT these are 'studies' dotted about still inaccessible to the general public, and under the control of the medical authority, and IF and WHEN it is allowed people can choose psychedelic psychotherapy it will be SO expensive that only people with lots of money will be able to have the therapy!

c) As clearly shown in this thread the communal groups that are allowed to have a psychedelics as a sacrament also are very control-freakery and follow one of THE most control-freaking religions ever to come about--Christianity!!

d) So what about the shamans down Peru tourist trip? I encourage even with this ancient way to question question question. OUR experience is different from theres. We need to come together and openly find out what we want. I love where Cosmomaut said this:

Quote:

...I try and stay away from the institutions, whether they be as small as Santo Daime or as large as the Vatican. People probably have mixed experiences though. Nothing beats good friends you can trust.

This is what is priceless about places like The Shroomery, the FREEDOM to explore all different ways and means of psychedelics etc. DIVERSITY. What do we see when we look at nature? Diversity. It is really when the control-freak mindset of some men comes onto the scene and impose MONO-culture on everything that diversity, richness, and fruitfullness is destroyed.

Edited by zzripz (02/19/13 05:33 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder