Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible1stusinspace
I love the sound of purple
 User Gallery

Is all KSSS created equal?
    #10007116 - 03/20/09 10:55 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Just wondering if all the MS options are the same or if some of the sources are more mucked out than others? Who's grown this from the different vendors,and were the results the same ie:hit or miss and just pick the one you want to clone.Thanks

--------------------
A bus came by and I got on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: 1stusinspace]
    #10007345 - 03/20/09 11:42 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

I dont know anything about KSSS.  But Any of the shroomery sponsors will hook you up right.  Sporeworks throws in a free syringe if you mention the shroomery in your comments box.  People say good things about ralphsters too.

As long as you use a sponsor you wont get ripped off.

Invisible1stusinspace
 User Gallery

Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: Cascadian]
    #10007666 - 03/20/09 12:45 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Thanks,I know what my options are as far as purchase.Just wondering about the variability between these,on this particular variety.Thanks again

--------------------

Invisible1stusinspace
 User Gallery

#10007765 - 03/20/09 01:01 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Probably just order from Ralph and call it a day.

--------------------

OfflineIAmABanana
Banana Man
 User Gallery

#10007813 - 03/20/09 01:07 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

With different vendors, you should be more concerned with viability. I've read many stories where people got burned by "bad" spores. 99% of the time, these were non-sponsors, so as for spores, it's just worth it to buy from them (I personally like thehawkseye.com).

As for the strain itself, when you're growing from spores you can see all different types of phenotypes appear depending on the isolate. Do all KSSS share some features? Yes, they usually have genetic material in common with one another, and their "parent" mushrooms were adapted to for a specific region/growing conditions. However, altering substrate and growing conditions will favor different isolates over another, and can result in different phenotypes. So your mileage may vary.

Invisible1stusinspace
 User Gallery

Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: IAmABanana]
    #10008064 - 03/20/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

IAmABanana said:
With different vendors, you should be more concerned with viability. I've read many stories where people got burned by "bad" spores. 99% of the time, these were non-sponsors, so as for spores, it's just worth it to buy from them (I personally like thehawkseye.com).

As for the strain itself, when you're growing from spores you can see all different types of phenotypes appear depending on the isolate. Do all KSSS share some features? Yes, they usually have genetic material in common with one another, and their "parent" mushrooms were adapted to for a specific region/growing conditions. However, altering substrate and growing conditions will favor different isolates over another, and can result in different phenotypes. So your mileage may vary.

Probably a true to a certain extent but....People have mixed opinions and experiences with the KSSS.Many(dare I say most)bad reviews were from those who got theirs from THE.Others have had great results.I'd just like to give myself the best chance.Where did the folks with positive experiences get theirs.These are the folks I'd like to hear from.Did they endeavor to persevere or just luck out.Where did the get there MS?

--------------------

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
    #10008150 - 03/20/09 02:06 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

is what youre asking more along the lines of the genes being a bit muddied from going round and round?

if im not mistaken, every print has the potential of producing a mushroom with matching genes, and very different genes. if it all started with ONE mushroom, and it was printed, then from it several were printed, then so on and so forth, youd get genetic variations.

i think the only way to really continue on a DEFINATE fruit is to clone it.

MS is kinda iffy, you can get some duds, but you can also get the NEW best fruit of the strain...

so YES, the different vendors syringes will produce different fruits...possibly :lol:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Invisible1stusinspace
 User Gallery

Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: just me]
    #10008232 - 03/20/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

^ exactly.You have to clone for specific traitsb ut my concern is def along the lines of it being muddied up as you say or mucked out as I.Thanks bro,have you grown this one out?

--------------------

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
    #10008417 - 03/20/09 02:45 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

no just KS

KSSS gets enough bad coverage here that i havent had any desire to try it. i guess its more of a novelty strain due to its smaller than average sized friuts and funky...ness :lol:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

OfflineIAmABanana
Banana Man
 User Gallery

#10008454 - 03/20/09 02:50 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

1stusinspace said:
Quote:

IAmABanana said:

Probably a true to a certain extent but....People have mixed opinions and experiences with the KSSS.Many(dare I say most)bad reviews were from those who got theirs from THE.Others have had great results.I'd just like to give myself the best chance.Where did the folks with positive experiences get theirs.These are the folks I'd like to hear from.Did they endeavor to persevere or just luck out.Where did the get there MS?

I actually got mine from The Hawk's Eye. From my experience, it's a decent strain for casings, but they grow like shit on cakes (very short). As usual, your mileage may vary, but I don't think it has to do with The Hawk's Eye's syringes.

OfflineIAmABanana
Banana Man
 User Gallery

Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: just me]
    #10008471 - 03/20/09 02:53 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

just me said:

i think the only way to really continue on a DEFINATE fruit is to clone it.

I'm not entirely sure about that. If it was a multispore grow, you might get some variations. However, the resulting mycelium tends to be similar to the cloned culture. Take this with a grain of salt - I'd like to here more expert opinions on this matter.

InvisibleJaComet
Old Hand

Loc: Out Yonder
Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: IAmABanana]
    #10012341 - 03/21/09 07:06 AM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Original KS early on from Ryche. Later KSSS from Ryche and Ralph. No complaints, ever.

Relatively quick to colonize even from MS. Quite contam resistant / tolerant.  Nice trait for the deep woods.

Potent? Big Blue is easy to find.. I liked them. Probably my overall favorite thus far this century.

KSSS is well domesticated .

KS is just a funny character. Lots of odd shapes and acrobatic mutations. Quite entertaining. Probably Court Jester for the Fifth Kingdom. Would have been nice if my collection survived our flood. Just don’t see them offered these days.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: JaComet]
    #10022689 - 03/22/09 08:42 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

JaComet said:
Original KS early on from Ryche. Later KSSS from Ryche and Ralph. No complaints, ever.

Relatively quick to colonize even from MS. Quite contam resistant / tolerant.  Nice trait for the deep woods.

Potent? Big Blue is easy to find.. I liked them. Probably my overall favorite thus far this century.

KS is just a funny character. Lots of odd shapes and acrobatic mutations. Quite entertaining. Probably Court Jester for the Fifth Kingdom. Would have been nice if my collection survived our flood. Just don?t see them offered these days.

Agreed.

KSSS and KS get confused a lot. I've received regular KS that was labeled KSSS in trades more than once. I don't know if people think they're the same or what. The "super strain" is superior IME to the KS, which has a lot more variation. I remember seeing a lot of people knocking the potency of KSSS a couple years back. I'm guessing they either had bad genetics or were confusing the strains again. Potency was never lacking for me even from MS.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: JaComet]
    #10022701 - 03/22/09 08:45 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

JaComet said:

KS is just a funny character. Lots of odd shapes and acrobatic mutations. Quite entertaining. Probably Court Jester for the Fifth Kingdom. Would have been nice if my collection survived our flood. Just don?t see them offered these days.

Agreed.

KSSS and KS get confused a lot. I've received regular KS that was labeled KSSS in trades more than once. I don't know if people think they're the same or what. The "super strain" is superior IME to the KS, which has a lot more variation. I remember seeing a lot of people knocking the potency of KSSS a couple years back. I'm guessing they either had bad genetics or were confusing the strains again. Potency was never lacking for me even from MS.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlineanakin3197
JEDI MASTER
 User Gallery

Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: FooMan]
    #10023064 - 03/22/09 09:49 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

if your getting small fruits from the ksss, something must be wrong with the genes, a friend harvested some the other day, that were over 10 inches tall, thick meaty stems, solid too.

Offlineuji
Stranger
    #16605126 - 07/28/12 10:16 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hey.  I'm a newbie who has his first flush from the THE strain of KSSS.  The first shroom of those pictured is 3 weeks old.  They've produced no stems and all have these folded up caps on top of ballooned veils.

Is this normal?  Am I doing something wrong?  I've got some Cambodians from Ralph that look at bit more normal...

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: uji]
    #16605256 - 07/28/12 10:42 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Necro powers activate.  :wizard:

VV

OfflineTheMessiah
Second Coming

Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: uji]
    #16608701 - 07/29/12 12:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

My KSSS have all been just dandy.
It looks like you didn't pick your mushrooms soon enough and they themselves got colonized.

Invisiblefield9
Busy
 User Gallery

#16608813 - 07/29/12 12:49 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Haven't noticed too much difference in the outcome from MS grows from 3 different vendors.

I say that THE one vendor that was badmouthed over their KSSS shouldn't be. That's probably THE vendor SWIM would select for that strain, and then clone a nice one.  :wink:

I like KSSS a lot. SWIM thinks that they're a pain in the ass when you have to clean a lot of them, though.

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Is all KSSS created equal? [Re: field9]
    #16609091 - 07/29/12 03:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Lol, that's ugly, you know that once the caP starts to open and the veil breaks u need to pick them right? How long since those were pins?

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck