Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannabinoid
Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago
Mad Bag In Vitro growing?
    #16538671 - 07/16/12 10:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, I've been lurking these forums for a long time now reading up on how to cultivate shrooms. Right now I'm pretty low on cash so I was thinking of just buying some Mad Bags from Madseason and following their direction to the letter. I've read mixed comments on these forums about fruiting in the bags or cutting them open to add a casing mixture. I have to be sort of stealthy and this would be my first attempt at growing.

So basically I am wondering if anyone has experience with Mad Bags, can I simply follow the instructions on their website or do I need to follow a different procedure to get fruits?

Thanks, I really hope someone can clear up the confusion on this subject.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell Flag
Re: Mad Bag In Vitro growing? [Re: Cannabinoid]
    #16539033 - 07/16/12 11:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If stealth is an issue, look up the Easier Than Cubes series by Stonesun.  He has a guide on species that produce sclerotia invitro.

Sclerotia is the ultimate in stealth growing because you don't need a fruiting chamber to harvest, and you can keep them going with G2G transfers.  I think you'd have a much better experience trying to stealth grow sclerotia in jars than fruit bodies in bags.

OfflineCannabinoid
Noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Mad Bag In Vitro growing? [Re: TheDeathryder]
    #16539681 - 07/16/12 02:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the reply and suggestion! But Like I said I am running low on cash and I wanted to start up this new hobby at a minimal cost, Mexicana syringes seem to be very expensive, so instead I ordered some Cubes (Mazatapec to be exact)

Like I said, I am a noob, and any suggestions are helpful. What is really confusing me is how do Mad Bags fruit without FAE, is the gas exchange from the filter sufficient to fruit invitro?

Also what is the possibility of contams in a mad bag?

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16539729 - 07/16/12 02:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabinoid said:
Also what is the possibility of contams in a mad bag?

You said it yourself, you're a noob. This is what would cause contamination and not the bag itself. You don't know what you're doing and the approach you're taking is typically frowned upon around here for multiple reasons.

The first reason is that you're having to do a stealth grow which indicates you aren't in charge of your living conditions so perhaps this isn't a good idea...

The second reason is you're taking the furthest path from a hands on approach to growing these mushrooms which in a lot of peoples opinions is ridiculous and a waste of time.

When you grow up and are able to do whatever you want in your own home you should learn the PF Tek and grow your mushrooms inside of a SGFC the right way.

:2cents: You can take it or leave it, I'm predicting a D+ or F quality grow from a stealth mad bag.

VV

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Re: Mad Bag In Vitro growing? [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16539798 - 07/16/12 02:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You can fruit them in the bag, but your results will be so-so from what I've seen done with madbags.  Personally, I would fruit it like a big cake in a SGFC, or spawn it to coir in a monotub via Damion5050's tek.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16539815 - 07/16/12 02:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Monotubs and SGFC's aren't stealthy though... The monotub is maybe a little bit more stealthy than the SGFC but I still don't understand why anyone thinks a monotub isn't suspicious at all. Maybe if you put it somewhere where it wont get any of the right conditions and perform well below standards.

VV

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

#16539874 - 07/16/12 02:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Monotubs can be camouflaged pretty easily.  Most people don't walk into a room, see a tote (not a clear one obviously) with holes in it and think "Oh, they're growing shrooms."  Just run the light cycle during the day time when there's lights on anyway, and if someone asks about the polyfil, say the bin has a few old pillows in it to keep your rock collection from shifting lol.  Your excuse and methods of course are dependent upon who your hiding from though.  I think a nosey mother/roommate would find the grow bag or other stealth setup just as fast as a monotub.

OfflineCannabinoid
Noob
Male User Gallery

#16539930 - 07/16/12 02:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Stealth actually isn't really my greatest concern, I live in an apartment and I don't want to risk anything that is all.

I was considering birthing to a shotgun or coir like you said but the bags are very appealing because they seem to have a very low risk of contamination if used properly. Correct me if I'm wrong...

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

#16540026 - 07/16/12 03:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If done properly in a clean area with no airflow, most of our methods have a very low risk of contamination :smile:

I hide mine in plain sight.  I just told my landlord that my greenhouse is for research for my mycology degree :thumbup:  I also try to keep a few books about mushrooms and microbiology laying around to help give the degree excuse a little more credibility.  If he ever asks for a sample, I'll just tell him that the one's I'm studying are toxic :smile:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16540178 - 07/16/12 03:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you're living in an apartment you could get away with growing weed granted you have the right set up. There's no risk of getting caught growing mushrooms even in an apartment. Don't tell anyone you're growing it and keep it under wraps and you wont get caught...it's that simple.

VV

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

#16540202 - 07/16/12 03:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
There's no risk of getting caught growing mushrooms even in an apartment.

I'll take "Famous Last Words" for 200 please.

OfflineCannabinoid
Noob
Male User Gallery

#16540552 - 07/16/12 04:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
If you're living in an apartment you could get away with growing weed granted you have the right set up. There's no risk of getting caught growing mushrooms even in an apartment. Don't tell anyone you're growing it and keep it under wraps and you wont get caught...it's that simple.

VV

One time my apartment was burglarized and following standard procedure I called the police to report it, when they came they went through all the closets/cabinets etc. that spooked me and made me think about if something like that happened again or if the landlord came in. So now I'm going to be extra careful about where I keep illegal stuff in my apartment, and I would never grow cannabis in my apartment even with a carbon filter. Outdoors FTW.

Speaking of outdoors, I might just birth the cakes from the Mad Bags into some poo; but it's pretty fucking hot in Chicago right now (got up to 101 today)

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16540731 - 07/16/12 05:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheDeathryder said:
I'll take "Famous Last Words" for 200 please.

I'll take "Loose Lips Sink Ships" for a 1000. Seriously... People who get caught growing fungus must have the biggest fucking mouths on this planet. It's so low key that I can't even comprehend how you'd go about getting caught.

If you get caught, you're probably a loud mouth dumb ass who deserved to get caught. I grew weed in an apartment for a year straight cropped twice and never got caught. I don't have sympathy for people who live in the ghetto in shitty apartments and get broken in to either.

As far as your land lord coming into your apartment goes law in just about every state clearly states that they have to give you a 24 hour notice prior to coming into your apartment unless it's an emergency. If your landlord just busted in one day and started snooping around you've got yourself a law suit on your hands.

There's only a few ways to get caught in this mushroom game. Getting pulled over and getting searched or running your fucking mouth to everyone about how you're growing mushrooms. This is the stupidest shit I've ever seen in my life. "I live in an apartment therefore I r scurred of getting caught". Derp.

VV

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

#16541106 - 07/16/12 06:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

VV, you sound like you got a lot of bile in that post man.  There is nothing wrong with healthy paranoia considering that what many of the people on this forum are doing is illegal in many places.  Is it likely someone would spot a tray of mushrooms and instantly tell that they're illegal species?  No.  Is it likely that if someone saw that same tray that you might be asked about them?  Yes.  And your reply can either end all suspicion, or put you under the magnifying glass.  If your landlord is a real dick, they can have an officer with a dog sniff out your place.  Also, in most states the landlord does have the right to enter the property as long as they knock first.  They can't go through your things, but they can walk through the house/apartment and see what is in plain sight.

OfflineCannabinoid
Noob
Male User Gallery

#16541416 - 07/16/12 08:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, like I said stealth is not really THAT important to me. But it is not my property so I have to be careful.

This thread got pretty off topic though I was just looking for suggestions from people experienced in using grow bags on fruiting in vitro.

OfflineFungiJB
smot poker
 User Gallery

#16541666 - 07/16/12 08:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Check out my soon to be stealth grow http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16495502 I'm just working out a few bugs, and then im gunna try a mini monotube inside of that bad boy.

--------------------

Source pictures of this beauty http://imgur.com/a/RJ2Y5#jVEwX

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract