Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Loc: Flag
Saving a driving license.
    #16512925 - 07/11/12 03:17 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So one of the guys at work is on 9 points and just got another speeding ticket. It was only 3 miles over and they offered him a speed safety course in which you sit around for 4 hours and get given stats on speeding and being told how bad it is, maybe get shown some gruesome pictures as well.

Now he's asked me to take the course for him in exchange for a modest fee. £250. I'm not saving his license exactly but it gives him a little leeway knowing that he could still get offered the course if he gets caught yet again.

My question is how much would you pay to save your license? And how much to save someone else's?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: Mysteryvalley]
    #16512940 - 07/11/12 03:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Your friend sounds like a real winner. What is that like 60-some bucks an hour just to sit there? Wtf is this guys problem?

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #16512961 - 07/11/12 03:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I just had to take one of these courses and you won't get away with taking it for someone else because they require your photo I.D and they have 2 people checking them.

Unless you look very similar they would probably catch you out.

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: nice1]
    #16512965 - 07/11/12 04:11 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yah your friend should take the course maybe he will learn something from it....or keep speeding and kill someone? :shoosh:

Also from experience taking driving courses yah they check your ID hard. No cheating with that shit.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Edited by Rewindicus (07/11/12 04:28 AM)

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: bloodsheen]
    #16512971 - 07/11/12 04:18 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You take the course rather than getting 3 points and you can only take the course once in 3 years. So if I take it for him I and I get caught speeding then I get the points straight away. Whereas if he's caught again he can take the course and wouldn't loose his license. Does that make more sense?

And it was in a work van caught by a camera so it could have been any of us. Just need to say I was driving it so it'll be my name down when they check the ID anyway.

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

#16512977 - 07/11/12 04:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If the dude was drunk I wouldn't be doing this shit. I can't stand drunk drivers! Just speeding a little. I don't think he'd learn anything from doing it himself, he's the type that just wouldn't even think about it.

Out of interest what's the course like?

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: Rewindicus] * 1
    #16512980 - 07/11/12 04:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rewindicus said:
yah your friend should take the course maybe he will learn something from it....or keep driving drunk and kill some innocent people?

Read before you post in threads.

I've done online stuff like this for people but I doubt you would be able to do it in person for him.

--------------------

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#16512981 - 07/11/12 04:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

OH SHIT its wayyyyyyy too late there was no mention of drunk driving lol i guess i just assumed! my bad!

the course is boring. lots of videos and lectures and then tests on everything at the end.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #16512985 - 07/11/12 04:33 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mysteryvalley said:
You take the course rather than getting 3 points and you can only take the course once in 3 years. So if I take it for him I and I get caught speeding then I get the points straight away. Whereas if he's caught again he can take the course and wouldn't loose his license. Does that make more sense?

And it was in a work van caught by a camera so it could have been any of us. Just need to say I was driving it so it'll be my name down when they check the ID anyway.

I'd do it for £250 since its only 4 hours.  Your work mate sounds like he will get the ban eventually though if hes done it that many times already :p  but yeah why not - its easy money :shrug:

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: nice1]
    #16512996 - 07/11/12 04:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yeah man I'm nigh on certain he will. I think he's already waiting for another one to come through actually.

Hmmm I wonder how much he'll offer to me take 3 points?

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

#16513034 - 07/11/12 05:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I say again, sounds like your friend is a real winner. Why not really take advantage of him? Maybe ask for a BJ from his girlfriend or somethin?

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: bloodsheen] * 2
    #16513062 - 07/11/12 05:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa now! Let me just clarify that this guy is now friend of mine. I'm not doing it out of the kindness of my heart but rather the fact that I'm some damn poor right now. And having seen his wife I'd much rather have a pocket full of money's.

OfflineHemlock

Folding@home Statistics
    #16513106 - 07/11/12 06:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Could he not just contest the ticket in courts given that there is no way to prove exactly who was behind the wheel based on a simple picture of the van alone?

Or has he since come forward and admitted to it?

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: Hemlock]
    #16513119 - 07/11/12 06:20 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The boss knows exactly who was driving driving and when. He wouldn't let him get away with it.

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: bloodsheen]
    #16513227 - 07/11/12 07:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bloodsheen said:
Your friend sounds like a real winner. What is that like 60-some bucks an hour just to sit there? Wtf is this guys problem?

Its Closer to $100 an hour actually!

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #16513229 - 07/11/12 07:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mysteryvalley said:
Whoa now! Let me just clarify that this guy is now friend of mine. I'm not doing it out of the kindness of my heart but rather the fact that I'm some damn poor right now. And having seen his wife I'd much rather have a pocket full of money's.

Fucking Do it Dude, I don't know where else you can Earn $100 US an hour.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Offline999
Number Nine?
 User Gallery

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: Its Pat]
    #16513280 - 07/11/12 08:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Its Pat said:
Quote:

Mysteryvalley said:

Fucking Do it Dude, I don't know where else you can Earn $100 US an hour.

Really...? You.. don't...?
Try a truck stop bathroom.
:rolleyes:
Tehe

But no seriously, I dunno, I wouldn't be cool with that on my record, but if I didn't give a shit, yeah, I'd take the course for that much...

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: 999]
    #16513341 - 07/11/12 08:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see there being a problem with it being on my record and I wouldn't need to declare it to the insurance peoples which is what counts. Plus $100 dollars an hour! I didn't think about it like that.

It's not like I speed much anyway. It's pretty hard to break any limits when your driving around in a 40 year old bug!

OfflineShroomacabra
Slow Motion Time Traveler

#16513520 - 07/11/12 09:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So, Wait. I must be reading something wrong.  Your friend wants you to take a safety driving course for him.  Meaning he wants you to pretend to be him to take the course.  That does not mean he gets another do over if he gets pulled over again. If you take that course as him, the completion of the course will still reflect his record so the next time he gets pulled over, it will still show on his record.  Unless you guys got some wierd law that allows someone else to take the course in his stead, otherwise you have to pretend to be him and the course gets recorded as completed in his name. I really does not get him out of anything except having to sit in a room for 4 hours.

Here in the states, you can actually take the safety driving course (known as Defensive Driving) online. It is times and you can not progress faster than the allocated time.  They make sure you sit in front of a PC for 8 hours.  You can take breaks and do the course over a few days or weeks, but it will take a total of 8 hours when all is said and done.  And again, I do not know the laws over there, but here you can hire a traffic attorney for about $50-$100 (US) and they can almost always get the ticket dismissed.  You end up paying about the same for a Defensive driving course anyway.

OfflineMysteryvalley
Dudeist Preist
Male

Re: Saving a driving license. [Re: Shroomacabra]
    #16517831 - 07/12/12 12:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I will be taking the blame for speeding in the first place so it'll be all of my details that they get. Meaning that if he gets caught again he'll still have the opportunity to take the course rather than the points. I'm nother sure about the states but here we have automatic speed cameras and if you get caught by one it's only the vehicle that they can be sure of. They send the ticket to the registered address and who ever was driving has to own up and take the points/fine/course. Therefore I will be the one owning up eventhough I wasn't driving.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder