Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Whats it like in DETOX???
    #16488129 - 07/06/12 12:29 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So for those who have been to rehab whats detox like?

Where do you sleep?
What do you eat?
Do you hang out with other people who are about to experience the madness of detox?
What drugs do they give you?
What spiritual aspects do they push/accept?

etc. etc.

Tell me about it :popcorn:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBeefy1
GONE

Loc: around
Re: Whats it like in DETOX??? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #16488201 - 07/06/12 12:53 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It's going to depend on the place.  $$$

Where do you sleep?

You don't sleep. You generally get a hospital type bed to toss and turn in.

What do you eat?

Same as sleep.  Institutional cafeteria type food you can try to force down.

Do you hang out with other people who are about to experience the madness of detox?

I didn't.  I wasn't feeling very friendly.  I wanted to kill every human being on the planet at the time.

Depends.  Probably none. maybe something for the nausea if you're lucky.  Place I was at wouldn't give out anything mind altering -  no diphen for the nausea.

at detox,  none of that.  After detox generic AA type higher power stuff.

Good luck

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Whats it like in DETOX??? [Re: Almond Flour] * 1
    #16493002 - 07/06/12 11:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Real CA Milk said:
So for those who have been to rehab whats detox like?

Where do you sleep?

It depends on the drug you are taking. With opiate detox sleep is virtually non-existent for about 75-90 days. If you are lucky you can get a hour of sleep. Typically the night is spent experiencing micro-naps which last for 5-20seconds and it's kind of a dazing/twilight zone.

With meth you'll sleep real well for most of detox.

Alcohol is another tough one. Sleep is pretty bad for 30-40 days.

You will get a room with one-two other people. These people you go to treatment with will become your best friends.

What do you eat?

Nothing or sugary/fatty foods. Most people lose a bunch of weight or gain a bunch with rehab. Changing the lifestyle to a healthy one takes a LONG TIME. It's not fixed in the first 9-12 months of getting clean. The emotional work you have to put in takes priority and it's tougher than anything, so things like ice cream taste fucking amazing.

Yes. Absolutely.

It depends where you go. If you are an opiate addict expect clonidine and trazadone. If you are a meth addict nothing fun. Alcohol you get benzos for couple days then possibly a sleep aid that's NOT a benzo. You cannot take benzos if you are trying to get clean. Period. No discussion. (unless you get medically tapered on benzos to avoid death)

Spirituality is crucial. They ask you to find a higher power. For some people that's the doornob, because when they walk through the rooms they are able to stay clean for that one hour when in the past they could not do it on their own. For some people it's God. That's cool, and many people use the word "God" as a place holder for a higher power of ANY kind. VERY few people are religious. It's generally looked down upon. The point of a higher power to is recognize you are not the center of the universe. You need exterior forces such as the group to stay clean, because getting clean on your own in the past CLEARLY hasn't worked.

Tell me about it :popcorn:

Detox is the prequel to rehab. It's easiest part of quitting. People don't just go to detox and are fixed. That's not the way it works. When you go to treatment you do EVERYTHING they tell you to do or you relapse. Plain and simple. I can tell you watching hundreds of people go through it. You surrender to the process or you fail.

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

OfflineIcepic
Enlightenment seeking

Loc: Wild west
Re: Whats it like in DETOX??? [Re: withoutawire]
    #16493247 - 07/07/12 12:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Detox sucks! It does have a light though, embrace that agony, hold it real close in your mind, and remind yourself, you never have to feel this way again, it's almost like being reborn. Im ten years clean off H. I do OC every now and again, but I'll get "dope sick" just after a three day binge. I feel like once you cross that threshold there is no going back, my brain was trained to be addicted to opiates and it adjusts itself very quickly any time I dabble at all.
    Relapse is part of the Process for most people, i believe its like only 1 and 10 people makes it a year, so odds are against so don't kick yourself too hard if you do, just make sure you get back around positive supportive people. Shit can and will kill you. I remember as if it was yesterday, there were 120 people at the facility I was at and we were all in the large meeting room.

" Look around you, see everyone here? Atleast 4 people in this room will be dead within a year."

Dude wasn't bull shitting  8 people were dead in six months several of them under 25, I wish you luck with your battle, change people places and things, this the single most important thing you can do for yourself and your sobriety. You hang out with junkies, won't be long you'll have a needle in your arm. Stay strong and know you don't have to ever feel like this again, you can have a life not run by a bag of powder or whatever your poison is, just give it up to your higher power whatever it may be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals