Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleundertree

Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms
    #16430447 - 06/24/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Okay so I've taken mushrooms about 7 or 8 times over the last 3 years. Tonight I took my first 5 gram dose and it was taken at home by myself.

I sort of dosed with intentions of inducing ego loss or having some kind of oneness experience or something like that but the whole time I just couldn't let go. I was in a pretty good mental state before the trip and if anything I feel like the trip just revved up my ego and encouraged more thoughts and memories than were going on prior to dosing. Kind of the opposite of what I wanted :sad:

I'm curious if anyone thinks upping the dose will inevitably lead to loss of ego or if I'm just not ready for that kind of experience, too big an ego or something. Also would LSD perhaps be a better choice for inducing this kind of experience

thanks for reading and I'm happy to answer questions as this was kind of brief  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNimpo
Big Black

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: undertree]
    #16430518 - 06/24/12 12:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

LSD has never given me ego loss.

Shrooms has.

Try 7 grams, OP.

And turn off any distractions

InvisibleChubbyPitbull
Delta 9
Male User Gallery

Loc: Stargazing
    #16430539 - 06/24/12 12:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You don't plan for it... It just happens... mostly when not expected.

You don't want a true ego death. It's not something enjoyable.

The best bet to gamble on it happening is to go into your trip when you feel anxious, nervous, and insecure about your life and then take 10x your normal dose.

Use dried mushrooms and eat them all quickly.

--------------------

Disciple of Design and Love of Knowledge

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-baked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Flag
Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: ChubbyPitbull]
    #16430576 - 06/24/12 12:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Be careful man! Especially when doing them alone! This could equally end up as bad as it could good with the way your going about it. Take it easy. Maybe take a few months break? Also, start reading up on trip reports about trips that would interest you.

--------------------
DFTBA Dont forget to be awesome

:mindblown:

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: PeaceLove]
    #16430587 - 06/24/12 12:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

8 grams my friend

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

OfflineSenortrippington
Bootleg lean consumer

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: elkart]
    #16430894 - 06/24/12 01:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

600ug LSD :smile:. Many will disagree.

--------------------
Yandyclip

:mushroom2::grin::mushroom2::kingcrankey::awedance::pokerawe::foreveralone::goodluckwiththat:

OfflineLucyfer
Psychonautic Voyager

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: Senortrippington]
    #16431095 - 06/24/12 02:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Senortrippington said:

That should definitely induce ego loss, anything over say..500 ug should do the trick. 1500 or so ug should be full-blown level 5 ego death...

--------------------
ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING I post on here is used for fictional purposes only. I do not use drugs, sell drugs, or condone drug use.

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind." -Timothy Leary

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: Lucyfer]
    #16431169 - 06/24/12 02:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've never experienced Ego Death.  I've taken 10 hits of LSD and eaten 10 grams of shrooms.

I think my ego must be huge. :lol:

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: carnage11]
    #16432062 - 06/24/12 05:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think ego loss is more appropriate. Ego death is too extreme to describe it.

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

OfflinePhenom
Stranger

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: elkart]
    #16432159 - 06/24/12 05:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Does laying in bed tripping extremely hard on 600-800ug that you don't remember about 2 hours count as ego loss?  I was in the void for about 2 hours where I just remember bits and pieces of a million different bits of information flooding my brain as great waves of anxious energy rushed through my body.  I came out of this 'void' puking all over myself.  I entered HELL or so it felt.

--------------------

Invisibleundertree

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: ChubbyPitbull]
    #16432919 - 06/24/12 08:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PeaceLove said:
Be careful man! Especially when doing them alone! This could equally end up as bad as it could good with the way your going about it. Take it easy. Maybe take a few months break? Also, start reading up on trip reports about trips that would interest you.

I've read plenty of trip reports in the past. What exactly is so dangerous about what I'm doing? More dangerous than other methods of eating mushrooms?

Quote:

8 grams my friend

Sounds scary. Would this really work or just make the trip even more intense? Also to other person who replied I had no music or anything once peaking as to avoid distraction and I tried lying down but I was feeling a bit uncomfortable (racing thoughts, no visuals) so I got up after a while.

Quote:

ChubbyPitbull said:
You don't plan for it... It just happens... mostly when not expected.

You don't want a true ego death. It's not something enjoyable.

The best bet to gamble on it happening is to go into your trip when you feel anxious, nervous, and insecure about your life and then take 10x your normal dose.

Use dried mushrooms and eat them all quickly.

Ok I guess you're right, I should give up on this on just and trip for fun in the future

OfflineLucyfer
Psychonautic Voyager

#16433285 - 06/24/12 10:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

OP, be careful. If you want to experience ego loss, make sure you have come to terms with any insecurities you may have if you want to avoid the possibility of having a (VERY) uncomfortable or even traumatic experience. Trust me, it happens to the best of us, including myself. If my friends were not watching over me at the time of those experiences where I completely lost control over myself, I know for a fact I would have ended up hurting myself very badly or getting into serious trouble. These drugs are extremely powerful and can depersonalize you to degrees you would never even dream of existing....

--------------------
ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING I post on here is used for fictional purposes only. I do not use drugs, sell drugs, or condone drug use.

Invisibleundertree

#16434950 - 06/25/12 09:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for your concern. I'm pretty comfortable with stuff and I'm not exactly an insecure person but I understand high doses of psychs can be dangerous regardless.

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-baked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Flag
    #16434990 - 06/25/12 09:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

undertree said:

I've read plenty of trip reports in the past. What exactly is so dangerous about what I'm doing? More dangerous than other methods of eating mushroom?

Quote:

Lucyfer said:
OP, be careful. If you want to experience ego loss, make sure you have come to terms with any insecurities you may have if you want to avoid the possibility of having a (VERY) uncomfortable or even traumatic experience. Trust me, it happens to the best of us, including myself. If my friends were not watching over me at the time of those experiences where I completely lost control over myself, I know for a fact I would have ended up hurting myself very badly or getting into serious trouble. These drugs are extremely powerful and can depersonalize you to degrees you would never even dream of existing....

--------------------
DFTBA Dont forget to be awesome

:mindblown:

OfflineLucyfer
Psychonautic Voyager

#16436308 - 06/25/12 03:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

undertree said:
Thanks for your concern. I'm pretty comfortable with stuff and I'm not exactly an insecure person but I understand high doses of psychs can be dangerous regardless.

If you are mentally stable, I'd say dive right in, as long as you:

A. Have a sitter that you trust COMPLETELY.
B. Take your dose in a very comfortable setting and have no obligations during that day.
C. Prepare yourself to recover the next day, you will likely feel pretty spacey and/or tired.

I would still say high dose LSD is way more beneficial than high doses of mushrooms, but to each their own....in my experience I can remember MUCH more from my LSD trips in general.

--------------------

Offlinemaynardsdick
Stranger

#16436696 - 06/25/12 05:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

its a matter of physiology.  take more in increments of 1 gram.  eventually you'll have enough for ego death

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: Senortrippington]
    #16437020 - 06/25/12 06:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Senortrippington said:

I don't disagree :smile:
I like your style sir!

OfflinePlurlife787
Stranger

#17505249 - 01/06/13 02:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I had my first ego loss experience on 4.5 grams.
I believe that the only reason I experienced it though was because I smoked a gram blunt with one f my friends and the other time I tripped the same dose I didn't trip half as hard. As soon as the high hit me though I was convinced that I was going to die very soon and from then on all I remember was going to my dorm room, forgetting my name, and shortly thereafter becoming everything(I mean this in the most literal sense possible). Confusing as hell and don't remember much at all once i totally let go which I'm hoping is something that is common on the first ego loss experience since its extremely shocking at least it was for me.

OfflineLucyfer
Psychonautic Voyager

Re: Inducing ego loss/ego death with mushrooms [Re: Plurlife787]
    #17506709 - 01/06/13 11:52 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Plurlife787 said:
I had my first ego loss experience on 4.5 grams.
I believe that the only reason I experienced it though was because I smoked a gram blunt with one f my friends and the other time I tripped the same dose I didn't trip half as hard. As soon as the high hit me though I was convinced that I was going to die very soon and from then on all I remember was going to my dorm room, forgetting my name, and shortly thereafter becoming everything(I mean this in the most literal sense possible). Confusing as hell and don't remember much at all once i totally let go which I'm hoping is something that is common on the first ego loss experience since its extremely shocking at least it was for me.

ego death is the most ground-breaking thing a human being can possibly experience.

--------------------

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

#17507054 - 01/06/13 01:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think it's easier/more comfortable to achieve ego loss with Lsd than mushrooms. The only time I experienced it was on roughly 300ug (6weak hits) while vaporizing weed during the peak. I couldn't believe what happened to me that night. I am forever grateful for Lsd and the people who distribute it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom