Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: The NBA [Re: Pilz]
    #16401822 - 06/19/12 03:53 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pilz said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I need to actually learn more about doing some bulk substrates and what not, ive only gone as far as spawning bird seed to coco coir. Then I just fruit it like that. Usually end up with 1-2oz per flush :thumbdown:

This is my first monotub that ive done in quite awhile so I am getting back in the swing of things

thats what i use, wbs, eco earth coir and small amounts of gypsum (all cheap and easy to find) and i typically only grow MS, i like the variety. its kinda cool seeing how your method evolves, you improve the way you do things little by little over time and your yields will continually get larger. what i have done in the last year that has helped alot was allowing a little more gas exchange during colonization. now usually only takes a week to get 100% and then i give it 2-3 more days, it seems to give me a little more life before contams catch up later on and gives me a bigger first flush. as simple as it sounds, mixing the spawn and sub very very well helps tremendously (i use to rush it a bit because of the fear of contams but its much more important to mix it well). i usually use 7 quarts of spawn instead of 6. I also give it a ton of fae,  tons of misting (but make sure no water pools) and very loose polyfil during fruiting (and even a bit loose on my jars). good luck :mushroom2::crazy2:

It really is fun watching your own skills become more and more precise

I only recently learned that about jars too and managed to get my colonization times down to 2 weeks instead of the 3-4 it was taking

I will try adding a little gypsum, I have a smaller tub I am going to start up here in a couple days, will try getting some for that.

And I usually dont mix the two, but I was planning on doing that this time around anyways. I also got a different coir. I had been using a more "barky," one but switching back to one that is more like a soil. Thoughts on different types of coir?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePilz
Think of the Children!
Male
Re: The NBA [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #16401892 - 06/19/12 04:27 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

Pilz said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I need to actually learn more about doing some bulk substrates and what not, ive only gone as far as spawning bird seed to coco coir. Then I just fruit it like that. Usually end up with 1-2oz per flush :thumbdown:

This is my first monotub that ive done in quite awhile so I am getting back in the swing of things

thats what i use, wbs, eco earth coir and small amounts of gypsum (all cheap and easy to find) and i typically only grow MS, i like the variety. its kinda cool seeing how your method evolves, you improve the way you do things little by little over time and your yields will continually get larger. what i have done in the last year that has helped alot was allowing a little more gas exchange during colonization. now usually only takes a week to get 100% and then i give it 2-3 more days, it seems to give me a little more life before contams catch up later on and gives me a bigger first flush. as simple as it sounds, mixing the spawn and sub very very well helps tremendously (i use to rush it a bit because of the fear of contams but its much more important to mix it well). i usually use 7 quarts of spawn instead of 6. I also give it a ton of fae,  tons of misting (but make sure no water pools) and very loose polyfil during fruiting (and even a bit loose on my jars). good luck :mushroom2::crazy2:

I only recently learned that about jars too and managed to get my colonization times down to 2 weeks instead of the 3-4 it was taking

I will try adding a little gypsum, I have a smaller tub I am going to start up here in a couple days, will try getting some for that.

And I usually dont mix the two, but I was planning on doing that this time around anyways. I also got a different coir. I had been using a more "barky," one but switching back to one that is more like a soil. Thoughts on different types of coir?

forgot to add i use vermiculite too (2 quarts per mono)...

yeah, i think my first jars ever took 6-7 weeks, lol, i must have had the grains soaked and poly packed tight as shit.

as far as gypsum goes, i use the garden grade brown pellet type, and dont worry about powdering it up beforehand, i use to do this and some teks even suggested it, i went through like 3 blenders just to find it dissolves in water pretty easily. to add gypsum to  the grains (it will make it alot easier to break the spawn up in the jars and give the mycelium bit of nutrients) - i mix in 1/2 - 1 cup after the last rinse before the overnight soaking of the grains (so the grains soak with the gypsum overnight). i also 1/2 - 1 cup before the simmer (so the grains simmer with the gypsum). to add the gypsum to your substrate simply add 1 - 1.25 cups of gypsum pellets to your 4 quarts of boiling water (you will have to mix it a few times to make it dissolve) that your going to add to the verm and coir. if you add much more gypsum than that its kinda like trying to boil mud and wont stay as hot as long thus wont expand and pasteurize the coir properly. you might want to add another cup of water to the 4 quarts to account for the gypsum. something a little bit different about gypsum, it seems to make the bruising of the fruits and cake a bit of a greener shade of blue, keep that in mind because it could be mistaken for contams.

as far as coir i have always used eco earth fiber bricks. packs of 3 specially, like below
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Compressed-Coconut-Substrate/dp/B0010OSIHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340094246&sr=8-1&keywords=eco+earth

shop around, you can find it for alot cheaper than 9.25 btw...

Edited by Pilz (06/19/12 04:38 AM)

InvisiblePilz
Think of the Children!
Male
    #16401912 - 06/19/12 04:34 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

edit - dbl post

Edited by Pilz (06/19/12 04:35 AM)

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16401923 - 06/19/12 04:39 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pilz said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

Pilz said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

forgot to add i use vermiculite too (2 quarts per mono)...

yeah, i think my first jars ever took 6-7 weeks, lol, i must have had the grains soaked and poly packed tight as shit.

as far as gypsum goes, i use the garden grade brown pellet type, and dont worry about powdering it up beforehand, i use to do this and some teks even suggested it, i went through like 3 blenders just to find it dissolves in water pretty easily. to add gypsum to  the grains (it will make it alot easier to break the spawn up in the jars and give the mycelium bit of nutrients) - i mix in 1/2 - 1 cup after the last rinse before the overnight soaking of the grains (so the grains soak with the gypsum overnight). i also 1/2 - 1 cup before the simmer (so the grains simmer with the gypsum). to add the gypsum to your substrate simply add 1 - 1.25 cups of gypsum pellets to your 4 quarts of boiling water (you will have to mix it a few times to make it dissolve) that your going to add to the verm and coir. if you add much more gypsum than that its kinda like trying to boil mud and wont stay as hot as long thus wont expand and pasteurize the coir properly. you might want to add another cup of water to the 4 quarts to account for the gypsum. something a little bit different about gypsum, it seems to make the bruising of the fruits and cake a bit of a greener shade of blue, keep that in mind because it could be mistaken for contams.

as far as coir i have always used eco earth fiber bricks. packs of 3 specially, like below
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Compressed-Coconut-Substrate/dp/B0010OSIHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340094246&sr=8-1&keywords=eco+earth

shop around, you can find it for alot cheaper than 9.25 btw...

Excellent. Thanks

Yeah that is the coir I switched back to. 3 back for 7.50 at Petsmart today

OfflineOil Field Trash
Born to be banned...
Male

#16404343 - 06/19/12 05:38 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I am looking foward to a big 10+ point win by Oklahomo:cheer:

FUCK THE HEAT, I WANNA SEE LEBRON TEARS:highfive:

THE FUCKING GAME DONT START UNTIL 8 TONIGHT:crankey:

--------------------
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..
"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
Winner NFL REG Season picks 2012
RIP TOM:heart:

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16405489 - 06/19/12 09:07 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

One other quick thing while I got ya here,

I am getting ready to pull my 3rd flush and dont really need the tub, so I figured id run that tub until it stops producing. Any tips on what to do with a tub at this stage? I was thinking of mixing it all up and adding a thin layer of that new coir that I just got

Invisiblezorbman
The Greater Depression 2016
Male

#16405619 - 06/19/12 09:42 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
You are Pilze from Growery too right? Can you make a thread over there discussing your process on that monotub you just did

--------------------
"To buy when others are despondently selling and sell when others are greedily buying requires the greatest fortitude and pays the greatest reward."
-- Sir John Templeton

OfflineOil Field Trash
Born to be banned...
Male

#16405641 - 06/19/12 09:46 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

I am getting ready to pull my 3rd flush and dont really need the tub, so I figured id run that tub until it stops producing. Any tips on what to do with a tub at this stage? I was thinking of mixing it all up and adding a thin layer of that new coir that I just got

Chunk it outside in your garden:haha:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name..
"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The NBA [Re: Oil Field Trash]
    #16405806 - 06/19/12 10:21 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
You are Pilze from Growery too right? Can you make a thread over there discussing your process on that monotub you just did

It isnt the same person. sorry for derailing the sports thread. but this is also a mushroom forum :tongue:

Quote:

Gairacita said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

Chunk it outside in your garden:haha:

I live in the desert brah

Thunder up 3 at the half... Let's go Thunder

OfflineOil Field Trash
Born to be banned...
Male

#16406478 - 06/20/12 12:23 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

i live basically in a tropical setting so anything after the first flush is discarded out back, If its kinda low humity out there i just turn on the lawn sprinkler
Most times its so high humidity that i dont have do nothing except harvest

No more non sport talk:crankey:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name..

InvisiblePilz
Think of the Children!
Male
    #16406750 - 06/20/12 01:16 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gairacita said:
i live basically in a tropical setting so anything after the first flush is discarded out back, If its kinda low humity out there i just turn on the lawn sprinkler
Most times its so high humidity that i dont have do nothing except harvest

No more non sport talk:crankey:

:grin:haha sorry guys, someone starts talking about mush and i cant stop. anyway how bout them heat? one game away, it will take nothing short of a miracle for the thunder to win 3 straight at this point...

OfflineOil Field Trash
Born to be banned...
Male

#16406899 - 06/20/12 01:55 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

The Heat are unbeatable right now, hopefully the Okies can skin out a win and at least make it to a 6 game series at this point:facepalm3:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name..

Invisiblezorbman
Male

#16406962 - 06/20/12 02:11 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

The Thunder will have their day, it's time for the Heat to shine...

Let's get this win, Heat! Yeah boi!!!

--------------------
"To buy when others are despondently selling and sell when others are greedily buying requires the greatest fortitude and pays the greatest reward."
-- Sir John Templeton

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The NBA [Re: zorbman]
    #16407021 - 06/20/12 02:25 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:

Wow, a Hornets fan pull for the Heat....

OfflineOil Field Trash
Born to be banned...
Male

#16407041 - 06/20/12 02:28 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck a sweep i want 7 games:crankey:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name..

Invisiblezorbman
Male

#16407108 - 06/20/12 02:45 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

zorbman said:

Wow, a Hornets fan pull for the Heat....

Yeah  I'm more a D. Wade fan, if my Hornets aren't in position,  people give me grief over LeBron, but I was a Heat fan long before he joined the team. Hornets will have a bright future though with the presumed Davis pick and the 10th pick which I hope will be Arnett Moultrie from my hometown SEC school. Most folks heard little of him, but REMEMBER that name. He's a stud and will be a force in the NBA overtime. Got skillz.

--------------------
-- Sir John Templeton

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The NBA [Re: zorbman]
    #16407152 - 06/20/12 02:59 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

You talk about excited about the NBA draft, only a Cavs fan can be almost as excited as a Hornets fan. We got 4 picks in the top 35 this year. Cant wait for Thursday to come (next Thursday)

OfflineVernus
Male User Gallery

#16407267 - 06/20/12 03:33 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!

2006 - 2012 champions !
ONE MORE GAME BABY ! LETS GO HEAT !!!!

--------------------
:allah:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male
Re: The NBA [Re: Vernus]
    #16416051 - 06/21/12 07:38 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

lebron is going to tear both his hamstrings by halftime and the thunder will win the series

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineVernus
Male User Gallery

Re: The NBA [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #16420879 - 06/22/12 04:42 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Haters gonna hate !!!!
Here is the ring yall said we wont get !

MIAMI HEAT 2012 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOING FOR A BACK TO BACK ! ! !

--------------------
:allah:

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

General Interest >> Sports Forum