Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSandoz
Ridin that wave

[CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment
    #16322480 - 06/02/12 04:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The family of a 15-year-old girl who overdosed on Ecstasy at a rave concert at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and later died will receive a settlement of $190,000 on behalf of the stadium, the rave promoter and a former Coliseum manager, lawyers said.

Attorneys for both sides said an insurance company for the promoter, Insomniac Inc., paid $175,000 for its liability and the Coliseum's. An insurer for the Coliseum manager, Todd DeStefano, paid $15,000.

The teenager, Sasha Rodriguez, was at the rave even though the minimum entry age was 16. She was there without her parents' permission.

Steven D. Archer, an attorney for her parents, said they believed both the venue and the promoter were responsible for what happened and "there has to be oversight to prevent children from being able to gain entry and be put into a position of danger."

"These are events that attract people who will use drugs," Archer said. "It's not the kind of environment for children.….The tragedy is that it took the death of a 15-year-old girl to focus attention on the Coliseum Commission and the practice of allowing raves on their property."

A rave promoter, Insomniac Chief Executive Pasquale Rotella, and DeStefano have been charged in a corruption case unrelated to the Rodriguez lawsuit. Prosecutors allege that DeStefano was bribed with at least $1.9 million by Rotella and another rave promoter, Go Ventures Chief Executive Reza Gerami, in return for low-cost access to the venues. All three have pleaded not guilty.

Police and emergency room physicians have said that raves at the Coliseum complex were a magnet for drug use and brought security problems that far exceeded those stemming from other events.

But the Coliseum Commission, a nine-member panel including representatives from the state, county and city, supported the continued scheduling of raves until February 2011, when The Times reported that DeStefano had been receiving money from the promoters even as he oversaw health and security issues for the events.

A lawyer for Insomniac, Gary Jay Kaufman, said in an email that Sasha's death was not the promoter's fault.

"Insomniac was sued for who we were, not what we did," the statement said. "If Sasha Rodriguez had snuck into the Hollywood Bowl during a Barry Manilow concert and overdosed on some drug, there never would have been a lawsuit.

"Insomniac did not admit any wrongdoing or liability as part of the settlement because they did not in fact do anything wrong."

After the teen's death, Insomniac, promoter of the Electric Daisy Carnival rave, barred minors from the raves.

Lawyers for the Coliseum Commission have maintained that the Rodriguez lawsuit had no merit.

County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, who sits on the panel, issued the following statement: "The only thing $190,000 settles is which side had better lawyers. Unfortunately, this settlement compounds the tragic death of Sasha Rodriguez."

A lawyer for DeStefano declined to comment.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-coliseum-settlement-20120602,0,1185481.story

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: Sandoz]
    #16322928 - 06/02/12 06:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sandoz said:
A lawyer for Insomniac, Gary Jay Kaufman, said in an email that Sasha's death was not the promoter's fault.

"Insomniac was sued for who we were, not what we did," the statement said. "If Sasha Rodriguez had snuck into the Hollywood Bowl during a Barry Manilow concert and overdosed on some drug, there never would have been a lawsuit.

"Insomniac did not admit any wrongdoing or liability as part of the settlement because they did not in fact do anything wrong."

After the teen's death, Insomniac, promoter of the Electric Daisy Carnival rave, barred minors from the raves.

Lawyers for the Coliseum Commission have maintained that the Rodriguez lawsuit had no merit.

County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, who sits on the panel, issued the following statement: "The only thing $190,000 settles is which side had better lawyers. Unfortunately, this settlement compounds the tragic death of Sasha Rodriguez."

:congrats:

I fucking hate the parents of kids who die stupidly that go on crusades.  The problem was your little shithead kid, not the world :facepalm:.

OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16323032 - 06/02/12 07:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
Quote:

Sandoz said:

I fucking hate the parents of kids who die stupidly that go on crusades.  The problem was your little shithead kid, not the world :facepalm:.

I agree but I have to say these people holding raves do need to do a better job of making sure kids don't get in. It is god damn ridiculous that they let these underage kids in and I do feel they have somewhat of a responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen. There already getting away with quite a bit when you think about it they should be more careful not to let kids in. Also if you've ever had a 15 year old girl you'd understand they lie and it's not easy to control them.

OfflineTHIRSTINMORE
Stranger

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: Mycjunky]
    #16323198 - 06/02/12 08:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Who cares if she was 15? She should have been smarter and done some research before hand.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: THIRSTINMORE] * 1
    #16323650 - 06/02/12 09:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Why is it the rave promoter's fault that a girl took too many drugs and died there?  The girl chose to put those drugs into her body, no one forced her.  It's no ones fault but her own.  EDC and other massive raves have dozens of medical staff on hand in case of emergencies.  That's all that you can ask for.  If you overdose on a drug, that is your fault and yours alone.

Is it Vegas's fault when someone dies of alcoholism there?

This is like blaming McDonald's because you eat there all the time and you're fat.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Offlinemushroom_sandwich
semi retarded
Male

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: Plok]
    #16323999 - 06/02/12 10:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Stupid raver kids are always killing themselves off. Good riddance I say.

A cleaner gene pool for the world. :awepreciation:

--------------------
“I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown. Our pale reasoning hides the infinite from us."

OfflinetweekingTwak
shroomery sage

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: mushroom_sandwich]
    #16324780 - 06/03/12 01:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

underage sluts in tattered neon clothes

--------------------

OfflineIcepic
Enlightenment seeking

Loc: Wild west
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: tweekingTwak] * 3
    #16324847 - 06/03/12 02:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes there needs to be better control, and keeping kids out of the underground scene. A lot of bad shit can happen to a fifteen year old girl at places like that besides dying. However, to hold someone else completely responsible for their child's actions is obsurd. Even if they had tighter controls the kid probably would have just had a fake ID. parents need to be open with their kids, and not make them feel guilty for trying to experiment with altered states of mind. I know when I was a kid i couldn't talk to my parents about shit, they didn't understand, drugs are bad was all I was told. Now I'm close to thirty and have a 2 year old, and I won't condemn my child for experimenting with drugs, i want them to be honest with me, so I can help them be safe and responsible with their use, not make them feel like a scumbag criminal. Maybe if the parents here had any real involvement in their child's life this tragedy could have been prevented.

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: Icepic]
    #16325574 - 06/03/12 08:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yea im waayyyyy done with those. last one i was at was 3 years ago an of course was all ages, BUMMER CITY! two girls about 16 walked up to me while i was waiting for my buddy and handed me their tickets and id's while snoting heavily due to their mad drip. "i said get your shit together, Jesus, your fricken parents are picking you up later". i in no way looked like a ticket taker, i was there to party!

i didnt talk to anyone until midnite cause thats when my people come out and i didnt have to worry about talking to underage girls BUMMER CITY

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: tweekingTwak] * 1
    #16325760 - 06/03/12 10:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tweekingTwak said:
underage sluts in tattered neon clothes

:whacker:

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: Plok]
    #16325808 - 06/03/12 10:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
Why is it the rave promoter's fault that a girl took too many drugs and died there?  The girl chose to put those drugs into her body, no one forced her.  It's no ones fault but her own.  EDC and other massive raves have dozens of medical staff on hand in case of emergencies.  That's all that you can ask for.  If you overdose on a drug, that is your fault and yours alone.

Is it Vegas's fault when someone dies of alcoholism there?

This is like blaming McDonald's because you eat there all the time and you're fat.

2 fat girls sued mcdonalds and won because their food made them fat. this country is backwards

Offlinegshock50
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16326114 - 06/03/12 12:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
Quote:

Sandoz said:

The problem was your little shithead kid, not the world :facepalm:.

+1. Parent's just wanted compensation for 15 years of raising a daughter. No one is at fault BUT the parents. It was their job to educate their daughter and know where she is.

--------------------
"It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them. "

InvisibleEpiglottis
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment *DELETED* [Re: gshock50] * 1
    #16326623 - 06/03/12 01:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Epiglottis

Reason for deletion: .

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: Epiglottis]
    #16327272 - 06/03/12 04:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you cold bastards.

i went to a rave one time, they were selling alcohol to everyone there, and it was obvious most of them were young, 16, 15, they weren't even carding. some raves are very scummy, definitely no place for 16 year olds.

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: zZZz]
    #16328660 - 06/03/12 09:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
you cold bastards.

i went to a rave one time, they were selling alcohol to everyone there, and it was obvious most of them were young, 16, 15, they weren't even carding. some raves are very scummy, definitely no place for 16 year olds.

The only reason I signed on today was to combat your stupidity and backwards logic.

First off, that's illegal. Nothing this rave did was illegal.

Second off, who took the drugs? If those kids drink it's their liability, not the fucking sellers of the drug. 15 and 16 is old enough to make smart decisions, yes, even concerning drugs.

Third off, that bitch died and who's fault was it? hers. Noone elses.

America, Land of the scapegoats.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: trip forever]
    #16328753 - 06/03/12 09:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

still....it was a tragedy. :sad:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlinegshock50
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: zZZz]
    #16329235 - 06/03/12 11:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:

I agree but the parents suing sort of desensitized me of the situation.

--------------------
"It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them. "

InvisibleWilliam Tell
...and then I was a fractal.
 User Gallery

Loc: Wake of the Flood Flag
Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: gshock50]
    #16329277 - 06/03/12 11:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i love how the parents attorney says "its not a place for children". You're right, thats why you to not be a shitty parent.

InvisibleLSDylan
bass music enjoyer
Male

Loc: Michigan
    #16329533 - 06/04/12 12:58 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:

Of course it was, but tragedys happen every second of every day. This one just involved risqué drugs and underage kids. Things like this happen. This shouldn't be news, I shouldn't have ever heard of this girl's death, and these parents shouldn't have sued a company has nothing to do with the death of their child.

--------------------
DanceSafe | Voluntaryism

Offlinecops
 User Gallery

Re: [CA] Family of girl, 15, who overdosed at Coliseum rave to get payment [Re: LSDylan]
    #16372658 - 06/12/12 07:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it is kinda the Coliseum's fault. they let a 15-year-old in, when the minimum age was 16. if they asked for ID, this would have never happened.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom