Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMeta
Infinite Possabilities

Horse dookie mini monotubs... So easy
    #16312435 - 05/31/12 04:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Just thought I'd share...

Using grain spawn jars

All you'll need to make the tubs are:

-  27qt clear tubs with the snap on lids
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/31/49/92/0007314992510_500X500.jpg
(Like these...  Oh, and don't use Wal-Mart if possible; they suck)
-  Drill with hole saw (anything from 1.5" to 2" for holes)
-  Black duct tape
-  Cleaning supplies to clean tub before spawning to (duh..)

Make two holes on the short sides of the tub about 3" to 4" above the bottom, depending on how deep you want your substrate.  I'd recommend 3" because for the given surface area, this is plenty deep.  Then drill four more holes towards the top on each side.  So that's 6 holes total, two at the substrate level and four at the top on each side.  Now use the duct tape to cover the sides and bottom (below the sub level holes).  No need in lining inside with garbage bag because if you use poo, it tends to reabsorb any water that runs down the sides and holds together very well.  Will have no problem dunking later on...

Use the horse poo tek by Roadkill
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/723303#723303
...  This is very easy as all you need is a large pot, dried, aged, shredded horse manure, a pillow case, digital thermometer and something to hold the bag-o-poo down in the pot.  I'd wait until the water is around 150 degrees, then place bag in water, let heat up to 160-175 and start timer for 50-60 minutes.  Once time is up, dump enough water out so you can pick up pillow case, place in colander in sink to drain overnight (6-10 hours is fine).  If you do it just like that, it works every time.  When ready to make monotubs, just untie pillow case, mix or layer poo with spawn.  Leave a layer of poo on top, don't leave exposed grains; works way better.  If you do it just like Roadkill says and what I just said, it works every time.  I've never seen it not work at this point.

When letting tubs colonize, cover holes with duct tape.  You can leave in dark or leave in area where it gets ambient light (preferred).  Once top is 100% white (if you left top layer completely poo, you can be assured that the rest is colonized, assuming something unseen is causing problems, but highly doubtful) let sit for another 3-5 days.  You'll notice primordia forming....  If you see primorida forming after 3 days of consolidation, just go ahead and fruit.  When ready to fruit, take off tape, replace with loose polyfil, place somehwere with good air circulation and proper lighting (6500K daylight spectrum bulb from hardware store or in front of window that gets good sunlight, if you can).  You can mist and fan as needed/wanted.  Usually after conosolidating for 3-5 days, by the time you fruit you should see pins starting within 2-3 days tops, sometimes even sooner!  After first flush, dunk for 4 hours...  Just put in sink, place couple of dinner plates on sub to hold down, let water gently run over sub for 4 hours and water will drain out of bottom holes.  After dunking, tilt to drain excess water, use paper towels to dry off outside of tub (tape).  Place back into fruiting conditions, fan really well, wait...

Well, that's it...  It's just so easy, I had to share.

--------------------
:trippinbawelz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexamplesample
N00B
Male

Re: Horse dookie mini monotubs... So easy [Re: Meta]
    #16986943 - 10/07/12 09:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Horse dookie mini monotubs... So easy [Re: xamplesample]
    #16987563 - 10/07/12 10:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Where does one obtain horse dookie?

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

OfflineWimy
weiliiinmyyard
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE USA Flag
Re: Horse dookie mini monotubs... So easy [Re: carnage11]
    #16987802 - 10/07/12 11:05 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

carnage11 said:
Where does one obtain horse dookie?

Up horse butt and around the corner

--------------------

Offlinejkmega112
Stranger
Re: Horse dookie mini monotubs... So easy [Re: Wimy]
    #18542063 - 07/11/13 12:03 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I'm new at bulk, but because it's much easier to get cow manure products here, what is the pro-con verdict on the two?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag