Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDiesel_Dawg
Not a noob

Re: la primavera grow. with pics. pins. [Re: steelyNads205]
    #16276380 - 05/23/12 11:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes,producing mushrooms takes a lot of moisture out of the substrate, needs to be replenished if you want it to keep producing decent fruits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

Loc: Space City U.S.A. Flag
Re: la primavera grow. with pics. pins. [Re: Diesel_Dawg]
    #16279803 - 05/24/12 06:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Diesel_Dawg said:
Yes,producing mushrooms takes a lot of moisture out of the substrate, needs to be replenished if you want it to keep producing decent fruits.

cool man.:thumbup: saw a crack in the sub. whats up wit that dude!! so im doing another grow soon. what do you think would be a good grow for a novice like me, so far i have brazilian, ecuador, and penis envy.
also after everything is picked should i dunk the tub or mist the hell out of it?

--------------------
prohibition doesnt work. it sits on its lazy fat ass all day getting people in trouble.

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #16279986 - 05/24/12 07:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Great guide for getting a great flush off monotubs

TL knows his shit. Hope he doesn't mind me plugging him here :smile:
Beware of the crack in the substrate...often times this happens if you have trich growing under the surface, IME. Substrates don't crack easy otherwise, I've found.
Grow those PE. Everyone generally finds them to be awesome in my world :thumbup:

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

Re: la primavera grow. with pics. pins. [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #16280332 - 05/24/12 08:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yakwhacker said:
Great guide for getting a great flush off monotubs

TL knows his shit. Hope he doesn't mind me plugging him here :smile:
Beware of the crack in the substrate...often times this happens if you have trich growing under the surface, IME. Substrates don't crack easy otherwise, I've found.
Grow those PE. Everyone generally finds them to be awesome in my world :thumbup:

thanks dude :rockon: awesome info. so i MAY have contam already? so maybe its best to just leave it alone and see what it does.:shrug: oh well. im seeing the mistakes along the way, this will help me in future grows :smile:. its a tough decision for the next grow, i feel envy may be too advanced for me. i also have mammoth suphanbari (think thats how its spelled) and A strain

--------------------
prohibition doesnt work. it sits on its lazy fat ass all day getting people in trouble.

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #16280429 - 05/24/12 08:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You may have a contam already, but it'll show itself if you do. Watch that cracked area.
PE is no more advanced than any other cube, honestly. They all grow in the same environments.  Build a tub with the instructions on that link, pasteurize either with RR's method (jars in boiling water) or Damion5050's bucket tek (tho it's not much easier and more likely to fail), and make sure your spawn all smells nice and musty of mushroom when you spawn it, and you can grow any cube you want :smile:
I love to set n forget monos, honestly they work much better in my experience. Maybe i just suck at gauging moisture levels, but my best harvests always come from loosely stuffing 6 1.5" holes with poly and letting them be with a fan on.

--------------------

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

#16281065 - 05/24/12 10:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yakwhacker said:
You may have a contam already, but it'll show itself if you do. Watch that cracked area.
PE is no more advanced than any other cube, honestly. They all grow in the same environments.  Build a tub with the instructions on that link, pasteurize either with RR's method (jars in boiling water) or Damion5050's bucket tek (tho it's not much easier and more likely to fail), and make sure your spawn all smells nice and musty of mushroom when you spawn it, and you can grow any cube you want :smile:
I love to set n forget monos, honestly they work much better in my experience. Maybe i just suck at gauging moisture levels, but my best harvests always come from loosely stuffing 6 1.5" holes with poly and letting them be with a fan on.

i actually used damions 5050 tek on this one. it seemed the easiest. how could it fail though? to be honest i actually messed up the pasteurazation. the water didnt reach all of the mix it was dry at the bottom and im really surprised that it produced even a few fruits, hell i picked some today even took flicks which ill post soon. thanks for the info ill be sure to follow the gudelines next time now that im just a bit more schooled on this. it just really really REALLY sucks about the crack in the sub.

--------------------

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #16281613 - 05/25/12 12:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

franc36 said:
i actually used damions 5050 tek on this one. it seemed the easiest. how could it fail though? to be honest i actually messed up the pasteurazation. the water didnt reach all of the mix it was dry at the bottom and im really surprised that it produced even a few fruits, hell i picked some today even took flicks which ill post soon. thanks for the info ill be sure to follow the gudelines next time now that im just a bit more schooled on this. it just really really REALLY sucks about the crack in the sub.

A crack in the sub isn't a big deal, it's just that it might show up as trich underneath that caused it to crack so easily. And you just described one of the ways it could fail at pasteurizing.  Damion's coir tek is not true pasteurization, but if you must, better to do this:
In a 5 gallon bucket, slice up the coir brick with a sharp, large knife. Break the pieces into small chunks or powder by hand.
Add 2 quarts verm and 1/4 cup of gypsum, mix well by hand.
Boil a gallon of water, when it hits 205-210F, pour into the bucket, close it up quickly and let it sit for 90 minutes.
Open it up, wear heat resistant gloves and mix again by hand, breaking up any chunks.
Replace the lid, let it cool overnight.
Spawn in the morning.

This is still improper pasteurization.  Watch RR's video on horse manure if you'd like to do a proper pasteurization.

When you spawn, make sure to *smell* each jar. It should smell like mushrooms, musty, and nothing else.  You'll get the odor down eventually.  But if it smells like dirt, or sweet, or anything other than mushrooms, toss it, don't use it.

After a few rounds, you'll get the hang of it :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

#16292967 - 05/27/12 11:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

k so i realize im an asshole on these things and not really sure wtf i am doing. i feel totally depressed. ugh its been 3 days the first night kicked my ass def. a level 4 experience  but each time after that sucked balls. oh and i got about an ounce out of this tub. i guess u could say im disappointed. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinemagic mycology
Male User Gallery

#16293573 - 05/28/12 01:53 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hey buddy, what the deal? how many times have you taken them since you cropped? cant do them everyday..tolerance builder up in some people:goodluck:

--------------------
:rockon:My first grow!!!  P. Cubensis Na Muang Thailand
i have gotten flush #1 45g #2 30g #3 16g #4 9.3g #5 7g #6 5g..working on 7th flush now..all weights are cracker dry..my biggest one was 53 grams wet, tottaly automaded :rockon: :rockon:

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

Re: la primavera grow. with pics. pins. [Re: magic mycology]
    #16294799 - 05/28/12 11:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

magic mycology said:
hey buddy, what the deal? how many times have you taken them since you cropped? cant do them everyday..tolerance builder up in some people:goodluck:

lol whats up dude! man i waited for a little while before  i tried them, those things blew my fuckin mind out of my head. i was gone for like 7+ hours off of maybe 2.5gs my intention was 3 but i couldnt make it lol. my friend was writhing on the couch along with me off of 1.5-2 g's. then the next day came and i downed about 2.5 again with no results then 2 the next day after. felt like i was wasting them. it was just an asshole nature after the first time, going around angry at the world annoyed by those around me, major depression afterward. cubes r fuckin awesome dont get me wrong, but the feeling of restlessness and wanting to break through walls and wanting to escape my body sucks. so its a tolerance thing?? i thought i could trip everday after. thesse things are heavy considering how shitty they grew.

--------------------

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16294933 - 05/28/12 11:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Tolerance is a bitch, I always wait at least a full two weeks between dosing for a trip.

VV

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

Re: la primavera grow. with pics. pins. [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16295111 - 05/28/12 12:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

VaeVictum said:
Tolerance is a bitch, I always wait at least a full two weeks between dosing for a trip.

VV

darn. 2 weeks!! have u experimented with this. diff. doses at diff. times?? i suppose this ALWAYS works for u correct? does the individual size or weight of a person matter??

--------------------

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16295197 - 05/28/12 12:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah that's pretty much just standard advice, you could wait 1 week but I always preferred to wait a few so that I know my body has no tolerance.

Same thing goes for re-dosing after you've peaked. I had to eat 5 grams dried shrooms after eating 3.5 just to feel high again.

You can take these questions over to the The Psychedelic Experience and you'll get a little bit more info possibly but general rule of thumb is wait at least 1-2 weeks before trying to trip again.

VV

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

Re: la primavera grow. with pics. pins. [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16302904 - 05/29/12 08:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

check this shit out.
after misting and fanning these guys seem alot healthier:thumbup:

i did this the other day. totally into graff.:thumbup:

THANKS FOR THE TIPS GUYS!

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#16305653 - 05/30/12 11:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

franc36 said:
check this shit out.
after misting and fanning these guys seem alot healthier:thumbup:

i did this the other day. totally into graff.:thumbup:

THANKS FOR THE TIPS GUYS!

It's good to see this is going better!

... BUT ...

Those heavily-fuzzy stems growing at wily angles are telling me they're still gasping for more fresh air.
Fanning won't give them everything they need unless you do it hourly 24/7, you need some degree of good passive airflow.

I bet it's possible to really see that tub recover and blow up if you get it solid airflow and light cycles.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

Re: la primavera grow. with pics. pins. [Re: Violet]
    #16306091 - 05/30/12 01:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

for sure. ill def. make even more holes. it seemed like it wasnt doing shit for about a week now its on this.
thanks alot guy!!!

--------------------

InvisiblesteelyNads205
Strangler

#16314174 - 05/31/12 10:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i got the pep in my step..
literally the next day from pins.
BAM!!
THIS WAS A TEAM EFFORT! thanks to you guys and the toxic shroom bunny.

--------------------

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16314177 - 05/31/12 10:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Nice looking fruits, great grow man!

VV

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale