Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Space
A cracked corn/corn question.
    #16287067 - 05/26/12 09:57 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Been doing some research on my new dilemma.  My regular WBS brand that I normally buy decided to take out the red millet and add more corn things to it....Not sure what else they changed.  My research has found (may be out dated) that corn has more endospores and is harder to sterilize, so with corn added you can expect more of a failure rate with your jars.  I haven't had a problem before but here is the question:  My jars grain jars are colonizing fine to 100% with the plus corn added.  Does this mean I'm out of the woods?  Or does this failure rate continue over to the spawn stages?  Like in my tubs?  If the corns are 100% colonized within the WBS when I spawn, can it still haunt me?.....Not sure if Im saying this right but some info would be appreciated.

--------------------
The mushrooms, which grow only during the season of torrential rains, awaken the forces of creation and produce an experience of spiritual abundance, of an astonishing, inexhaustible constitution of forms that identifies them with fertility and makes them a mediation, a means of communion, of communication between man and the natural world of which they are the metaphysical flesh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineElftastic
Stranger
Male

Loc: Southeast USA
Re: A cracked corn/corn question. [Re: i GrOw StUFF]
    #16287156 - 05/26/12 10:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have no experience in using corn before, but it seems if the myc has colonized the corn without any contams thus far, you should be in a good place.  :goodluck: man and sending good vibes your way.

--------------------

:discorex: :nyan: :nyan:"Yes, this is Dog." - Dog :nyan: :nyan: :discorex:

Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: A cracked corn/corn question. [Re: Elftastic]
    #16287167 - 05/26/12 10:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you sir, hoping to get some comforting responses here....not to happy with my WBS company :facepalm:

--------------------
The mushrooms, which grow only during the season of torrential rains, awaken the forces of creation and produce an experience of spiritual abundance, of an astonishing, inexhaustible constitution of forms that identifies them with fertility and makes them a mediation, a means of communion, of communication between man and the natural world of which they are the metaphysical flesh.

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
    #16287193 - 05/26/12 10:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Once it is fully colonized you should be pretty protected against contamination. Also, if it didn't show up in the jar I wouldn't expect it to pop up in the tubs. I think you'd be fine. Good luck man!

Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: A cracked corn/corn question. [Re: Owsley]
    #16287206 - 05/26/12 10:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks man

--------------------

Offlinemadis503
psühhonaut

Loc: Flag
    #16287340 - 05/26/12 11:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i dont know i have used corn and the success rate is as good as other grains.
even with the condensation whats left in the jars after sterilizing

--------------------

Psy&Goa

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: A cracked corn/corn question. [Re: madis503]
    #16287345 - 05/26/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A lot of people take the corn and sunflower seeds etc out of their WBS. I've seen plenty of grows with corn in it that went successfully. Personally I don't care for it though and prefer to buy my plain bags of WBS.

VV

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds