Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Loc: Flag
Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat?
    #16263003 - 05/21/12 02:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have some shrooms that my buddy stored in a ziplock bag for a few months, would they be safe to eat?

--------------------
Love, Sincerity, Desire...

"If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth."

"I am totally impressed with you people... Seriously, we live on a planet where we're very crammed together and I think we do really well. It's just when we watch the news and we watch entertainment... it's about peoples' conflicts tied together in the most exciting possible way."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: POV]
    #16263019 - 05/21/12 02:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Fresh or dry?  Either way, a few weeks, maybe, but a few months? Probably not.

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: carnage11]
    #16263058 - 05/21/12 02:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dried. And what's the danger? Is it unsafe to eat, or did they just lose potency?

--------------------

"If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth."

"I am totally impressed with you people... Seriously, we live on a planet where we're very crammed together and I think we do really well. It's just when we watch the news and we watch entertainment... it's about peoples' conflicts tied together in the most exciting possible way."

OfflineGina99
Doesn't know what hit him

Loc: yo mammas
    #16263084 - 05/21/12 02:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If they were properly cracker dry without any moisture in them, then they should last for a long time... but they probably had some in there so maybe not :/

Just open the bag up and check for mold spores growing on the shrooms, also check for the typical mushroomy smell

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: Gina99]
    #16263121 - 05/21/12 02:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They smell just like shrooms should. What do mold spores look like

--------------------

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

#16263253 - 05/21/12 03:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If they were dry, they last a lot longer than fresh.  Fresh would be a no-no after that long.  Dry might be ok, like the above poster said, look at 'em.  Do they look or smell gross?  If not, fuck it. :shrug::lol:

--------------------

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: carnage11]
    #16263284 - 05/21/12 03:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They smell normal but they look very bone white.... not the brownish, tan-ish color that shroom stems usually are. The caps are nice and orange-ish gold.... They smell like shrooms. But not blue bruising... safe to eat?

--------------------

Offlinemushroom_sandwich
semi retarded
Male

#16263303 - 05/21/12 03:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Do it. :awehigh:

--------------------
“I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown. Our pale reasoning hides the infinite from us."

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: mushroom_sandwich]
    #16263320 - 05/21/12 03:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Whatcha got here is a bunch of people who never grew a lot of mushrooms.

If they are cracker dry, they are fine.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16263345 - 05/21/12 03:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I just ate them :smile:)) they tasted just like shrooms. if they lost potency. Oh well I just wont trip. If I die, tell my mother I said I hate her :smile:Wish me luck!

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #16263352 - 05/21/12 03:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

No potency loss after months of storage.
Hope you didn't double the dose...

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

#16263445 - 05/21/12 03:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hahaha 2 grams wont do shit to me! But yea thanks for the advice everyone. I have taken 9-10 grams before and walked away saying "meh"... Idk maybe it takes a lot for my ego to be broken down, dont know if thats good or bad :smile: fuck it

--------------------

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

#16265364 - 05/21/12 10:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Whatcha got here is a bunch of people who never grew a lot of mushrooms.

If they are cracker dry, they are fine.

I don't store dry mushrooms in my fridge.  Ziplock bag inside a sealed mason jar.  Fresh mushrooms on the other hand, if I know I'm going to be consuming them within a few weeks I'll store in the fridge.

--------------------

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
    #16265441 - 05/21/12 10:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

POV said:
Hahaha 2 grams wont do shit to me! But yea thanks for the advice everyone. I have taken 9-10 grams before and walked away saying "meh"... Idk maybe it takes a lot for my ego to be broken down, dont know if thats good or bad :smile: fuck it

You must be eating some weak ass shrooms if on 9- 10 grams you can walk away at all! Unless you meant fresh?

Either way hope your having a good trip:)

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: Owsley]
    #16265452 - 05/21/12 10:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

^ I'm with him.

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Re: Mushrooms stored in fridge? Safe to eat? [Re: Owsley]
    #16267537 - 05/22/12 12:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Owsley said:
Quote:

POV said:

You must be eating some weak ass shrooms if on 9- 10 grams you can walk away at all! Unless you meant fresh?

Either way hope your having a good trip:)

No sir, very potent mushrooms. Sometimes I had a tolerance built up sometimes not. Shit got very crazy, much of the trips i do not remember, but i can remember not knowing who i was or what was going on, just lost in colors and lights and strange thoughts. I don't know i guess they were pretty crazy but i know i can always go deeper. I love tripping!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale