Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: The Lightning]
    #16253599 - 05/19/12 10:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gsharpnolack said:
Without constant or at least steady rainfall, doesn't the lc dry up and become unviable? It's been very dry the past couple of weeks so I kind of imagined that it would bring all mycelium to a halt.

It rained half an inch at my house the other night, so it's not too dry out. The mycelium can find tons of little hiding spots to get away from the sun, so no, it won't just stop growing. It finds damp areas to thrive, or starts to penetrate a log and get away from exposed light and air.

When I spray into a mulch bed, the surface almost NEVER has visible mycelium, but you start digging after a few weeks and you will find it happily growing right below the surface. To give people an idea of how potent the LC's are, I dripped some on one of my leather slippers a few days ago, now it has white drops all over it.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I'll keep updating as time rolls on. :cheers:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGravija
Make way for the cavalcade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Trusted Identifier
bohemican rhapsody [Re: NeoSporen]
    #16253630 - 05/19/12 10:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I want some bohemican sandals!

--------------------
Listen to my music

Here

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: NeoSporen]
    #16253652 - 05/19/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I also wanted to ask about mycelium that does happen to dehydrate.
Can it come back to life with rainfall afterwards in your experience (or anyone else who wants to jump in here)?

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#16253694 - 05/19/12 10:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gsharpnolack said:
I also wanted to ask about mycelium that does happen to dehydrate.
Can it come back to life with rainfall afterwards in your experience (or anyone else who wants to jump in here)?

:yesnod: In my experience, yes it can. I had some P. cyanescens mycelium sitting in a plastic container in my closet without any water for almost 18 months. One week after bringing it back outside and allowing it to get rained on, there is visible mycelium growing off of the wood once again. This is probably not the case with every species, as some may die when they dry up, but in my experience with wood lovers, as long as the mycelium doesn't get destroyed when dry and brittle, it will still have some chance at returning to life after water is added. It worked for a two year old "blue oyster" block too. It was dried out sitting in a garbage bag for over 15 months. Pulled it out, hosed it down, and two weeks later we got fresh blue oyster pins coming from the old block. Just my  :twocents:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#16253792 - 05/19/12 11:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This is valuable knowledge to the world and should be included in more posts.

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #16254157 - 05/19/12 01:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:bow2:

:trippinballs:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

OfflineTheEskimoMan891
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA,
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: bloodworm]
    #16254167 - 05/19/12 01:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”  - GONZO

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: TheEskimoMan891]
    #16255463 - 05/19/12 08:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:thaaannks: Went to visit the ovoids today. Wanna make sure I catch them at the perfect time to take prints. Was worried about them being sterile, so I popped one under the scope. The spores are just very immature. Can't get a good shot of some basidia yet, but maybe later on. :cheers:

Notice how low the partial veil is on the stipe:eek:

Gills, showing blue bruising at 80X

Pleurocystidia at 800X

Cheilocystidia at 800X

--------------------

Offlinefux234
Woodgnome
Male User Gallery

Loc: Westwood
    #16256654 - 05/20/12 01:50 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

beautifull  :bearbreakdance:

--------------------
"Carpe diem!"

P.Semilanceata  Germany

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: fux234]
    #16257416 - 05/20/12 09:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Forgot one of the pictures of the cheilocystidia. :cheers: everybody.

--------------------

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

#16257476 - 05/20/12 09:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:seriousthumbsup:

peace and love
bloodworm

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

#16257504 - 05/20/12 09:59 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

nominated!  :rockon:

peace and love
bloodworm

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
    #16257604 - 05/20/12 10:27 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ya dude that is pure grade A awesomesauce!!

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16257643 - 05/20/12 10:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: Awesomesauce. That's what I should name the recipe of wood sauce i'm currently experimenting with. Thanks for the kind words you guys. Will update at harvest time, which shouldn't be too long (plus it's raining outside right now). :bliss:

--------------------

OfflineMysterious
Shroomgu
 User Gallery

Loc: Tacoma, Washington
    #16258905 - 05/20/12 04:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome Bfogg! Those pictures are very nice! looks like your season is starting early too eh?
Im excited for this spring, its looking good.
hope alls well!

--------------------
Just remember, life will PREVAIL.

Invisibleolive
fresh
 User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Mysterious]
    #16259685 - 05/20/12 07:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Fark Yeah!!!!  :billymaythumbup:

:popcorn:

:amanita2:

--------------------
cactilicious

grow      :ovenmitt:    hunt

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Mysterious]
    #16260772 - 05/20/12 11:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys. Good to see ya around Olive. I hope all is going well for ya down there.
Quote:

Mysterious said:
Awesome Bfogg! Those pictures are very nice! looks like your season is starting early too eh?
Im excited for this spring, its looking good.
hope alls well!

Sorry to hear your patch was all dried up. But don't fret, the rain is coming back, and the patches I have going are still pushing up fresh pins every day. I bet things are just getting started up here in WA. Thinking of a few areas I might go on an actual woodlover hunt, just like the fall:shroompick: Will update tomorrow.:cheers:

--------------------

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #16261727 - 05/21/12 07:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bloodworm said:
nominated!  :rockon:

peace and love
bloodworm

:thumbup:

:wizard:

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16263804 - 05/21/12 05:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Went today to check up on them again. A few got pushed over last night from the heavy rain, but they were ready to harvest and print anyway, so I took them home. Prints in progress (should get about 20 by this time tomorrow) and so is more microscopy.

The specimen I was looking at a few minutes ago was pretty immature, so none of the basidia actually have spores, but are still in the process of forming. It's quite interesting to look at. Some of the older ones will get cut up after they are done printing, so more pictures will follow.

Anyway, a few pictures I took from today, and some videos will be posted up later on tonight. Till then, :cheers:

Ovoid microscopy: A side note, I find ovoids to smell exactly like chicken of the woods. Weird:shrug:
    -Pleurocystidia
    -What I believe are immature badidia still forming spores.

Photos from today's walk:

When a knife just isn't big enough, it's nice to be a weirdo and carry around a 14" hacksaw blade:lol: Just over 4.37 pounds

--------------------

InvisibleGravija
Make way for the cavalcade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #16263812 - 05/21/12 05:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What a cluster! Nice micrographs Bfogg...

--------------------
Listen to my music

Here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder