Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCincyshroomer
Newb
 User Gallery

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: Newbie]
    #16265429 - 05/21/12 10:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:
You have to force yourself to change.  I know it seems impossible, but I have an inkling that you're like me where you'll have a quick manic moment amongst all of the depression.  Take that moment and build on it.  I recently replied to a depression thread in the PaMWB forum with something like this:

Just a little over a year ago I was in such a rut I woke every morning wishing I hadn't.  I wasn't exactly suicidal, I just got sick of waking up and still being here.  I'd have these manic moments where I'd have the extreme urge to quit all drinking, cigs, etc, and hit the gym, eat right, you know the drill.  So I FORCED myself to.  On one of my worst days I signed up for a gym (it was easy to negotiate a good price because I flat out didn't give a fuck about who was speaking to me).  Then I went.  I went before work every day, I adjusted my diet to healthier foods than I was currently eating and within a week or two my whole outlook on life changed.  I changed from someone who didn't ever want to wake up again to someone that purposely woke up early so I'd have more time in my day in a matter of weeks. 

I've been there, man, and I still get back there sometimes, but I just keep remembering how great I feel when I'm taking care of myself and it always pulls me out of my depression. 

I have a depression that doesn't go away completely due to various events that took place in my life, but it's always possible to pull yourself out of it. 

Everyone needs their downtime.  You wouldn't be human if you didn't.  Wallow in your depression, drink your cares away, do what you need to do, but do not let it last more than a couple of months.  You have to get back into the spotlight, so to speak.

As soon as you have that moment of clarity I want you to go to the grocery store and buy up the healthy shit: Chicken breasts, veggies, fruit, nuts, lean meat, multi grain bread, etc.  Then join a gym.  If you're not a member of one, FUCKING JOIN ONE.  Haggle the shit out of them.  They love to haggle.

Couple your new diet with your new workout regimen and I can almost guarandamntee you'll come out on top for a long time.  You'll still fall into depression but you'll remember how the lighter side feels and always return to it.

Damn that was a mouth-full.  My fingers are tired.

I just wanna say I have been in a rut too lately and this was an awesome post man.

OP I feel your pain.  I have been out of work for 3 months and have told myself I am going to get so much done in this time that I am getting UE but I haven't done shit.  Everyday I waste away the hours telling myself I am going to get something done and every moment that I don't just puts more weight on me.

Newbie has it right in saying that you gotta get up and take those moments of inspiration and turn the little wake into a tidal wave.  Create the wave and then ride it to shore :wink:

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: Cincyshroomer]
    #16266677 - 05/22/12 08:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I used to think i was depressed.

Now i just deal with it, get high, think happy thoughts, do what i love doing and learn about interesting stuff. Challenging yourself helps..make believe you're in a game and the evil monster called 'life' is trying to defeat you, the only way too defeat him is to be happy

Now my life is happy again durrrr

Offlineyoimjohn
Male

Loc: terra nova
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #16267426 - 05/22/12 11:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

depression is an obstacle. you just need to force yourself to get out there and do other things even if you dont want to be there.

on another note,
the problem these days, especially with the music scene, alot of teenagers and young adults in there early 20's almost parade around cutting themselves and depression like its a style to run with. also most notable TWLOHA, a company that swears they are for suicide/cutting/depression prevention but sell's stylish t-shirts to all of these teenagers and again claims to be doing good for the depressed people in the world, but when it comes down to it, there a t-shirt company. its becoming the ' cool ' thing to be depressed and hurt and to pity yourself.

TWLOHA is sort of spreading the wrong message. I can guarantee selling t-shirts and bracelets and having your logo implemented everywhere during any music rock show/tour does not make anyone not commit suicide or not depressed.

OfflineM.91
Fucked Up Bro

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: yoimjohn]
    #16267630 - 05/22/12 12:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Feeling Depressed?

Get A Dog

--------------------

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #16267657 - 05/22/12 12:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Remove whatever it is thats causing you distress.

"I can't"

yes you can.  its just a thought. 

All those benzos won't help either.  When I tried medicating with them ended up with suicidal thoughts depression and massively increased anxiety unless i kept upping the dosage.

The best thing you can do is face those demons.  Realise you only have 1 life and its very short.  I know how you feel, your probably depressed about your anxiety - they go hand in hand.

Truth is you just have to go out and jump in the deep end and learn to swim - even if that means embarrasing yourself over and over eventually you will heal - fight that shit head on.  You will change.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: nice1]
    #16268221 - 05/22/12 02:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

don't worry, only fools worry.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: FTW]
    #16268347 - 05/22/12 03:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FTW said:
Quote:

yoimjohn said:
you loathe a life you've barely begun to live. how pathetic

WakeboarderB Is A Joke

You're talking to a guy named "yoimjohn". :picard:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#16269941 - 05/22/12 08:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Remove whatever it is thats causing you distress.

"I can't"

yes you can.  its just a thought. 

All those benzos won't help either.  When I tried medicating with them ended up with suicidal thoughts depression and massively increased anxiety unless i kept upping the dosage.

The best thing you can do is face those demons.  Realise you only have 1 life and its very short.  I know how you feel, your probably depressed about your anxiety - they go hand in hand.

Truth is you just have to go out and jump in the deep end and learn to swim - even if that means embarrasing yourself over and over eventually you will heal - fight that shit head on.  You will change.

Hmm, remove what is causing you distress. Well that would be the depression.

And the benzos, gotta have them. I can't take another panic attack that leads me to the ER.

As far as this thread goes, I really appreciate all the input, but it's starting to get old. Everyone has their opinion on what I should do to make my life better when they only have a tiny fragment of the whole picture. To be honest, it's getting pretty annoying.

So please, no more suggestions people. I have a doctor and a few counselors for that. People that know my whole story. I'll take suggestions from them.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Free sVs!
Female

#16269997 - 05/22/12 08:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It's actually your brain that causes depression, and lobotomies are considered a barbaric and outmoded treatment for depression.

People are such jerks :shrug: I don't understand why it's so fucking hard for people to show a bit of God-blessed sympathy. That's the real pathology IMO.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineM.91
Fucked Up Bro

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16270179 - 05/22/12 09:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This is A Cure For Depression
if You're Not Cured After Watching This
There is No Hope For You

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: M.91]
    #16270317 - 05/22/12 09:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

M.91 said:
This is A Cure For Depression
if You're Not Cured After Watching This
There is No Hope For You

Fuck, I guess there is hope for me yet. I've bookmarked it. Next time I feel depression come on I'm going to watch that and see how it affects my mood.

:billymaythumbup:

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#16270986 - 05/22/12 11:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
It's actually your brain that causes depression, and lobotomies are considered a barbaric and outmoded treatment for depression.

Or more specifically its your thoughts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12661646

Monks who have nothing in their lives but a bowl o rice and mediatating have been shown to have increases in the areas of the brain that control happyness and contentness in comparison to westen control samples of people.

Your thoughts can actually physically alter your brain.

But yeah we do need the full picture wakerboarder - if you don't give us the full info no one here can create a decent reply.  :shrug:

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#16271083 - 05/23/12 12:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Should I pour out my life story on an internet forum?

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: WakeboardrB] * 1
    #16271088 - 05/23/12 12:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

no, you should stop dwelling on what depresses you. find some nice rationalization that wraps it all up for you, in a bow, then you can say it was part of some bigger picture, or something. :shrug:

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#16271137 - 05/23/12 12:29 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If it helps you then why not - its annonymous :shrug:

In simple let it go

Everyones had bad lifes.  Abused as children, some by their own parents, abandoned yada yada  life is full of it and everyones gonna die.  Just let go of it because its just an imagination of past or future - remain in the now and allow joy and light to fill you in this moment.  :sun:

Good luck o miserable one :smile:

--------------------
Our thoughts create our reality.  :strokebeard:

Offlinepeteyg
alan watts thought
Male User Gallery

Loc: delaware u.s.a
    #16271960 - 05/23/12 08:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Man i feel you, i have laid in bed for days depressed mine is chemical unbalance, but i can't tell you how down you are but when i am depressed i just look at as a trip i am on and experience it and go up and down. i think we are all the same some have bigger ups and downs than others... (how would we know what a good time was if we didn't know what a bad time was)-Alan Watts

Free sVs!
Female

#16273391 - 05/23/12 02:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
no, you should stop dwelling on what depresses you. find some nice rationalization that wraps it all up for you, in a bow, then you can say it was part of some bigger picture, or something. :shrug:

Quote:

nice1 said:
If it helps you then why not - its annonymous :shrug:

In simple let it go

Everyones had bad lifes.  Abused as children, some by their own parents, abandoned yada yada  life is full of it and everyones gonna die.  Just let go of it because its just an imagination of past or future - remain in the now and allow joy and light to fill you in this moment.  :sun:

Good luck o miserable one :smile:

You guys are such terrible newbs at humanity.  You should go join Scientology in telling women suffering from post-partum depression that their chemical imbalance does not exist.

Or maybe you should realize that you're trying harder to convince yourselves, here, than anyone else... who knows, I'm sure ridding yourselves of body thetans can help. Get an audit.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #16273890 - 05/23/12 04:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

fuck you. you don't even know me. i've suffered with depression too, just like everyone else on this fucking hopeless planet.

so, :fuckyou:

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: akira_akuma]
    #16273905 - 05/23/12 04:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

OfflineM.91
Fucked Up Bro

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: withoutawire]
    #16273924 - 05/23/12 04:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I Am
I Am
I Am

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag