Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #16282087 - 05/25/12 04:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It wore off quickly because you go back into your old thought loops.

Changing your environment or similar like sky diving is making you remember the joy of life and forget your negative thought loops.

Its temporary because you don't continue to alter your negative thoughts after. 

If you realise that any matter can be percieved in multiple ways then you know negative thoughts are incorrect - not only that - they are useless to you and will only hamper your life.

Everytime you think a negative, depressive or anxious thought - catch yourself as soon as it comes into your mind and let it go.  Replace it with a positive (opposite) thought straight away or even better be completely impartial to negative or positive (care free).

Thats how I reproggrammed my depression / anxiety.  Its best to couple this with doing stuff like sky diving, holidays, changing environment regularly, exorcising a lot and meditation.  Eventually you depressive/anxious thoughts will be replaced with positive ones or impartial awareness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: nice1]
    #16282089 - 05/25/12 04:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Depressives are masters of creating barriers "that wouldnt work for me because" "thats hippy bullshit" yada yada - anything to maintain the comfort of non-change.

You see its says awesome under my name?  thats because I realised that you are whatever you believe you are.

We create our own realities - with the greatest weapon ever - the human brain.

Good luck.  I hope you can realise this too.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: nice1]
    #16283210 - 05/25/12 12:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

There's a lot of truth to what you posted. Now I gotta figure out a way to apply it correctly.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Soul crushing depression [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #16286609 - 05/26/12 04:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Make a plan of action
Don't beat yourself up if something goes wrong just keep ploddding on
Try not to fall back into your old routines and thought loops as its easily done
1 step at a time but keep at it and it will get better, you can become completely depression/anxiety free over time
Jumping in the deep end can work great too, get a holiday abroad where you doing adventuring with a group of people you don't know for a few weeks

For me at my worst point I had difficult even leaving my house or going to a shop.  I had constant thoughts about killing myself because I couldn't take the anxiety.  It pretty much all stemmed from my dad abandoning my family when my parents seperated.  After that I started getting violent abuse from a psychopathic neighbour who lived near us.  Eventually I was too scared to leave the house most the time because he was attacking me, trapping me, screaming in my face and all manner of horrible things (I was only 12 years old).  Me and my mother rang the police several times but they never helped or even went and spoke with him stating there was no evidence.  After that I had to hide inside a lot and it developed into an increasing state of constant worry and anxiety followed by depression.

its a long long story but I eventually ended up facing this guy at 16 years old and beating the crap out of him.  After that I moved and have recently got back in contact with my dad.  I've been forcing myself out and I will just go to random pubs or clubs now and break the anxiety.  It always hits me at first but the more I've been doing it the lesser and lesser its gotten as I see that I am OK.

I won't go into much more details anyway as its so long and complex but I've done so much now that 10-15 years ago I thought I could never possibly do because of the way I felt back then.  I hope this gives you some inspiration.  I know any one can do it - if I can I'm sure anyone can because I really was so bad that I couldn't even leave the house for years.  I don't like telling people this stuff, its very personal.  I've never had therapy or medication although therapy I probably should have had but even that was a cause of anxiety.  I doubt I could of ever of got myself to go back then.  I'm glad now Ive reached a point where I don't need it anymore.  Ive done all these things I never believed I could do so I know I'm much better.  its stilla battle though - I can easily fall back into my old ways - I have to keep at it and make sure I don't allow that old mind set to rule me any more.

GL.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom