Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16198490 - 05/08/12 05:29 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

to try and perfect your playing and technique for the enjoyment of it is not the same thing as doing so for gain and boosting your personal assessment of your performance.

but yeah, i'm not being presumptuous by stating that the "ring" to your comment was towards the acclimation of your "skill", as it sounds exactly like you stated it. contentious, more still, was your reaction to my opinion. you thought i was talking about playing real guitar the whole time. i was saying, in my opinion, you were WRONG. then you called me the "local douche", which is just personalizing the situation and then also ranting afterwards, about what i wasn't even talking about... just to defend the view of your "Guitar Hero" opinion.

just sore opinions, really.
Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Not sure which reality you're living in, but if your brain or lack thereof lacks the capacity to perceive the same consensual reality that I am viewing, then I can't help you, sorry.  Neither will aggressively overusing the words "presumptious" and "contentious."

over using words when i'm explaining the concept of an argument? tsk, this is why it's so easy to say contention, so many times.

you wanna see a consensus in reality? admit what you said.

I explained this view earlier.  I said that I believe Guitar Hero is less significant because they just come out with new sequels for different systems every year and the old one becomes forgotten. 

This is my opinion, which seems to greatly offend you.  If you hold a different view then feel free to live by it.

And a lot of that was me being a smartass back to you for your psuedo-intellectual rant against my "analogy" not applying to guitar playing because playing guitar isn't about perfectionism, which is just your opinion.

sure. i am really offended that you'd talk about my favorite game like that. :rolleyes:

jeez, talk about arrogance... and i thought i was bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #16198510 - 05/08/12 05:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:

sure. i am really offended that you'd talk about my favorite game like that. :rolleyes:

jeez, talk about arrogance... and i thought i was bad.

I'm arrogant for having an opinion :facepalm:

"to try and perfect your playing and technique for the enjoyment of it is not the same thing as doing so for gain and boosting your personal assessment of your performance"

This is just your opinion.  By your logic, you're presumptuous and arrogant for assuming that one's personal assessment of their performance is separate from developing good playing and technique.

I'm getting tired of going in circles.  Each time you fabricate a different "claim" I never made and try to use it to label me as presumptuous.  You finally dug something up that actually helps your argument (me calling it more "meaningful" to practice instrumental guitar than guitar hero), but this does not make me presumptuous.  This just means I have an opinion, and I'm getting tired of saying it over and over. And like I said, a lot of that was me being a smartass and giving you an attitude because of your ignorant rant over my analogy.

Even if I were being presumptuous, you would have no place accusing me of so as you have made plenty of assumptions yourself.  For one, you have said the joy in guitar playing doesn't come from the pursuit of perfection but rather an abstract joy of expressing oneself.  This is just your opinion.  Some people's main source of joy in Guitar Playing may lie in pursuing perfect technique, form, etc.  Just because that is not how it works for you does not mean that is not how it works for other people.  Also even if I were presumptuous as you say, it wouldn't necessitate this long argument and the attitude you have given me.

Not only are you being presumptuous, but you are being a hypocrite and making yourself look like a snobbish buffoon by displaying this narcissistic attitude where it is your duty to inform others of the subjectivity of their own opinions and others'.

I'm just getting tired of saying the same things over and over, because it doesn't seem like it's getting through to you.  I don't know you that well since I'm talking to you over an Internet forum, but I get a subtle sense that something about you isn't functioning properly. 

I've said all I need to say, so there's no point in me posting anything more because I've already put it all out there.

You will probably reply with additional insults and labels - arrogant, presumptuous, etc., calling me presumptuous for my opinion that playing real guitar is more meaningful than guitar hero (which you were calling me presumptuous even before you were aware of this quote by making up fake dialogue on my behalf, such as that real guitar is more "productive.")  That's fine, it's completely predictable.

Just know that :rolleyes:, snoobish attitudes and Tyra Banks animations do not make you right in a given argument.

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Offlineakira_akuma

#16198530 - 05/08/12 05:57 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

developing?

huh?

more psycho-babble.

i only followed your logic, after you started waiving my opinion as some kind of "rant".

it wasn't; you didn't really get the point... still you haven't. so waht, you don't like my opinion? get over it, i guess.

i've gotten over yours. it's just funny to see you try and justify your sentiment by saying that "i'm being presumptuous too!1" but to whom? and also, i never said you were pretentious for saying waht you said about Guitar Hero being subjectively "lesser" than "guitar". you just presumed i did, because the subject of the argument went in that direction... ironically after you got told that striving for perfection on the guitar was superfluous and a contention, in my perfectly honest and satisfactory opinion. you can think whatever the fuck you want about that, i just stated i thought you were wrong. oh and that the idea of "building on a commendation of skill or technique" was asinine. didn't say you were though. you took it that way, though, and thought i was telling you that to "play real guitar" wasn't to play it on Guitar Hero. i was saying there isn't a difference when you're going to play for commendation. there is a difference, however, when you're simply playing either for enjoyment.

so lets keep going...

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

#16198550 - 05/08/12 06:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
i only followed your logic, after you started waiving my opinion as some kind of "rant".

it wasn't; you didn't really get the point... still you haven't. so waht, you don't like my opinion? get over it, i guess.

i've gotten over yours. it's just funny to see you try and justify your sentiment by saying that "i'm being presumptuous too!1" but to whom? ..

Lol funny.  You only followed my logic.  I only did it because he did it!

Isn't this the exact same thing you are criticizing me for?  You say that I'm trying to "justify my sentiment by saying that 'you're being presumptious too!'"

That's exactly what you're doing. 

:paranoid:  "Uhhh...I was just following you!" :rolleyes:

Quote:

akira_akuma said:

Funny, because you're the one who had a problem with my opinion that practicing real guitar was a superior endeavor to Guitar Hero, hence the argument.  Are you trying to be hypocritical on purpose?

Quote:

i've gotten over yours. it's just funny to see you try and justify your sentiment by saying that "i'm being presumptuous too!1" but to whom?

Presumptuous - "characterized by presumption or tending to presume; bold; forward"

You are "presuming" that people find satisfaction from playing guitar, for the same reasons that you think playing guitar is satisfying.  Do you understand?

If you don't then you are either mind-bogglingly retarded or just trying to avoid confessing that you were wrong.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#16198559 - 05/08/12 06:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Funny, because you're the one who had a problem with my opinion that practicing real guitar was a superior endeavor to Guitar Hero, hence the argument.

funny, i thought that wasn't your contention? or was it now? we'll never be able to tell.

anyways, according to what you said, i just happened to think you were wrong. you stated your opinion as a question... i questioned it, as i thought it was wrong. you asked if i simply misunderstood the conjecture; i answered your question. i didn't, and provided my opinion again, stating the same thing, i already had but with more precision. then you got angry:

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:

That time of the month eh?  :rolleyes:

i replied eventually with this tibbit:

Quote:

maybe you shouldn't try and compare the two "LIFE GOALS" as if one is better then the other; cause both are completely contentious to begin with; so to complain or prod at either or, is stupid.

again. my opinion. not a formative opinion against you.

meet your maker.

PS: and by following your logic... i mean, i simply followed your line of thought. as logically as i could. it lead to argument. which is why this is so... tasty-cakes. cause you think i started this, that, something or the other.

i didn't do shit. :yesnod:

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #16198573 - 05/08/12 06:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 04:29 PM)

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

#16198583 - 05/08/12 06:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Funny, because you're the one who had a problem with my opinion that practicing real guitar was a superior endeavor to Guitar Hero, hence the argument.

funny, i thought that wasn't your contention? or was it now? we'll never be able to tell.

You started bitching about it when I told Drew to try practicing real guitar instead.  You took this to say that I believed playing real guitar was more "productive" and lead one to some sort of "grandeur."  This opinion (which I never stated) pissed you off, hence your rant.

Quote:

you stated your opinion as a question... i questioned it, as i thought it was wrong. you asked if i simply misunderstood the conjecture.

Show me the quote where I stated my opinion as a question.  Also where did you question it, without insulting me and calling me presumptuous or contentuous? 

You also called my original analogy (five-starring songs on real guitar) shitty and asinine on the basis that real guitar is not played for perfectionist purposes.  So in fact, you were presumptuous first, by presuming that the intent to play guitar is never for perfectionist reasons.  But it's ok, I know this is probably too many words for you.

Quote:

Quote:

maybe you shouldn't try and compare the two "LIFE GOALS" as if one is better then the other; cause both are completely contentious to begin with; so to complain or prod at either or, is stupid.

again. my opinion. not a formative opinion against you.

meet your maker.

Really?  So you don't find calling one's actions "stupid" to be a formative, or even mildly provocative "argument" against them?

Sounds like I'm not the one that's stupid...

Quote:

PS: and by following your logic... i mean, i simply followed your line of thought. as logically as i could. it lead to argument. which is why this is so... tasty-cakes. cause you think i started this, that, something or the other.

i didn't do shit. :yesnod:

You just want to put the blame for your own logical fallacies on others.

Here's a short summary of this argument:

- Your main claim was that I was being presumptuous, even though you made the first presumption.  This was that perfectionism doesn't apply to real-life music.  Just your opinion.  I have no problem with opinions, I have problems with hypocrisy.  Here is the quote where you made this presumption:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
no, it's just a shitty analogy. it just states your proclivity towards wanting to "perfect" your guitar playing... and being a "perfectionist" and especially with guitar, is FAR REMOVED from video games. plus, it's asinine.

have fun with your life goals.

Then, you went on a massive crusade to fabricate quotes by me that I never made, such as that playing guitar was more a more productive hobby to take up than Guitar Hero, that it elevated one to a sense of grandeur, etc., when all I originally said was that a poster on here should try "five-starring songs on real guitar."

So yes, you did do something.  A lot of things, none of which made any sense but all of which made you look like a common-sense deprived fool.

Refute each point, if you can (you can't).

:cheers:

--------------------

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #16198593 - 05/08/12 06:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 04:30 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #16198604 - 05/08/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Johnny Depp said:
aww shii..... this is why I don't go to Music,art,media forum :rolleyes:

oh not because no one ever posts there to begin with?

Offlineakira_akuma

#16198619 - 05/08/12 06:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

and Celeste (i can call you Celeste, right?) all i said was "there is no 'level 5' for real guitar" and you took it to mean that i meant "you believed playing real guitar was more "productive" and lead one to some sort of "grandeur."

wow. so... leaps? leaps anyone?

ok.. so again... then I SAID.... *holds breath*

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
no, it's just a shitty analogy. it just states your proclivity towards wanting to "perfect" your guitar playing... and being a "perfectionist" and especially with guitar, is FAR REMOVED from video games. plus, it's asinine.

notice the italicized section... i stated what i thought that particular line of thought stated in and of itself; plus called trying to be a perfectionist on guitar, asinine. my own opinion. you got offended by.

i never called you this or that or the other thing... i said that about the idea that "to get to level 5 on real songs on real guitar" (is waht you said right? want me to get the quote again?) it was an opinion about a line of thought... not you, personally. so... again... more blow-hole.

i wouldn't resort to picking apart points... it's all been about the same point this whole time. your misunderstanding of the concept of sharing opinions is what leads to me calling this whole debacle contentious.

you still can't "refute" any of MY points... even if there is only one.

fucking daft christ. lol, where do i call you pretentious in the first two posts i made? no where. you just assumed that was my main "assertion".

Quote:

Johnny Depp said:
I just moved to an island of 70,000.  I play guitar a lot..  The real guitar.. the one that is an art form.  Not the video game one that is the same as getting really good at Halo or something. :grin:

I play for enjoyment all the time.  I also play for commendation.  There's nothing like getting up in front of an audience of thousands.  But that is not going to happen where I live right now.  So one aspect of my enjoyment of guitar playing is out the window.  Also, it's impossible to make a living on the island playing guitar.  Another thing I used to enjoy about playing. 

There are many facets to why guitar is fulfilling for me.  And it's always changing.  Usually not so drastically as my recent move.  But it's literally my life and my career.  Has been for a long time. 

My goal now is to seek out and find whatever opportunities there are here for a guitarist like me, and be grateful for them lol. 

You guys talking about how hard it is to get a band together have no idea how difficult it is here.  Population density means everything for musician opportunity.

BTW, this was an un-pretentious post.

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #16198630 - 05/08/12 06:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I wanna make the zodiac killer seem like a regular guy.  Good times are going to be had.

I'm not saying I wanna kill, I just want your addresses.

--------------------
:awesome:

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #16198642 - 05/08/12 07:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Irishdrunk said:
I wanna make the zodiac killer seem like a regular guy.  Good times are going to be had.

I'm not saying I wanna kill, I just want your addresses.

are you gonna put a bag on your head, and bring beer?

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #16198648 - 05/08/12 07:06 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Akira, tits or gtfo.

--------------------
:awesome:

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #16198649 - 05/08/12 07:06 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
and Celeste (i can call you Celeste, right?) all i said was "there is no 'level 5' for real guitar" and you took it to mean that i meant "you believed playing real guitar was more "productive" and lead one to some sort of "grandeur."

Lol no.

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
i said BOTH are contentious.

besides, did i say Guitar Hero is comparable? no, you did. i don't believe there is a difference between "practicing guitar for the rest of my life" and "living, alone in my mom's basement based on some contention i have with beating Guitar Hero". both are equally time consuming and pretentious endeavors, when you juxtapose those idea's with the thought that one of them "elevates" you to some "grandeur" while the other doesn't...

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
sure you were, you were being presumptuous by telling another user how else to "spend his time more productively".

:herpderp:

THERE.  No more denial.  Had nothing to do with this quote - "there is no 'level 5' for real guitar"  you wrote those words exactly as I quoted them.  You make PRESUMPTIONS (assumptions) about my views on playing guitar and guitar hero which I never stated.  I never stated any of these things.

So you only called my OPINIONS shitty and asinine, instead of calling me that.  You're attempting to hide behind technicalities here and bullshit aside, you know that that was a shot at me and you're just trying to cover it up.

Your thinking is very stupid, douchey, and scumbaggish.  Don't be offended!  :youdidit:

And I didn't say you were pretentious, I said you were presumptious, because you said that I was presumptuous somewhere early on in this argument.  I won't, go digging through the quotes again to find it, but it's there several times.  You need to be more accountable for what you say.  When you get mixed up about your own previous statements then self-righteoussly tout your horn it makes you look like a douchebag.  Just sayin'.

--------------------

InvisibleInfinitys Minute
a universe inside each moment
I'm a teapot

Loc: Zion
x [Re: akira_akuma] * 3
    #16198659 - 05/08/12 07:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

x

--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 02:47 AM)

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #16198674 - 05/08/12 07:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 04:30 PM)

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #16198681 - 05/08/12 07:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This is hilarious. You guys disagreed on whether playing a video game about guitar playing or playing an actual guitar is more pointless... so you each typed out dozens of paragraphs that nobody else seems to care about, just arguing back and forth on the same points and getting nowhere. Isn't that kind of pointless too?

Offlineakira_akuma

#16198684 - 05/08/12 07:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i didn't make presumptions about you or your opinions.

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
there is no "level 5" for real guitar. playing guitar and getting to the highest level in a Guitar Hero game are two completely separate goals for two completely different injunctions in time.

:confused:

no presumptions. :yesnod:

Quote:

akira_akuma said:

even here... the last post before the contention started.

i said, it's a shitty analogy and that it just states your (as in the analogy... not you. your analogy) want to be as good a guitar player as someone who takes up beating all of Guitar Hero fully, for their "life's goal".

maybe you just forgot the point of the thread overall, Celeste?
Quote:

Irishdrunk said:
Akira, tits or gtfo.

bag or gtfo.
Quote:

psi said:
This is hilarious. You guys disagreed on whether playing a video game about guitar playing or playing an actual guitar is more pointless... so you each typed out dozens of paragraphs that nobody else seems to care about, just arguing back and forth on the same points and getting nowhere. Isn't that kind of pointless too?

:lolsy: the proof is in the pudding. lets see if it was pointless!

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: psi]
    #16198690 - 05/08/12 07:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That's just your opinion.  You're a presumptive asshole for having it!  :megacrankey:

:lol:  Just kidding

--------------------

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: Do u have goals in life? [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16198695 - 05/08/12 07:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Infinitys Minute said:
akira_akuma and Celestial Traveler I just had to scroll through pages of your silly shit to find just a couple of real posts... How about you squabble via PM?

I agree they sound like two kids bickering. :smirk:
Anyways my goals:
1. Hike part of the Appalachian trail
2. Get better at ukulele/guitar
3. Move to Colorado or Oregon
4. Get a job in the national park system
5. Get a REAL LSD vial
6. Grow my own food and chickens
7. Get a house with solar panels
8. Get an electric car
9. Meditate more
10.Find my soul mate

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies