Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: domesticgnome]
    #16566347 - 07/22/12 12:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Been away fora  while, but have had some decent finds lately. Enjoy the pics.

Gymnopilus mycelium:

Brewing beer:

Bohemica mycelium on the yard:

Ovoids from today, 7-21-2012:

Want some picture frames or custom furniture? Framed and hand signed/numbered pictures of PNW actives will come this fall:yesnod:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewintersbefore
Trust me I'm a mycologist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Vonore, TN
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: NeoSporen]
    #16566616 - 07/22/12 02:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nice pics, do you know what kind of bird those are?

InvisibleFunki Porcini
Male
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: wintersbefore]
    #16566939 - 07/22/12 07:10 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

very nice:thumbup:and those birds are baby robins.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Funki Porcini]
    #16566971 - 07/22/12 07:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, they are baby robins. There is a family of them on our wood pile. They hatched about two weeks ago and can just now start to stand up. They're cool.

Today is being spent in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness around "Lake Malachite". I'll try to post some photos later on today. Thanks for the kind words.:cheers::sunny:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Edited by NeoSporen (07/22/12 07:27 AM)

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #16566997 - 07/22/12 07:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:awedance:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

InvisibleGravija
Make way for the cavalcade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: bloodworm]
    #16567087 - 07/22/12 08:20 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Great pics Bfogg! Is the first one Agaricus Augustus ? Is the third one a Panus?

How is the new jarb treating you? Looking forward to some alpine fungi!

--------------------
Listen to my music

Here

Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Gravija]
    #16567751 - 07/22/12 11:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Niccceee. Are you calling that first Pan. an olivaceus? Also, I'm getting ready to brew a beer using reishi instead of hops for bittering  :datass:  I really hope it turns out.

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

OfflineTampanensis
Wang Chung
Male

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: suchen]
    #16567779 - 07/22/12 11:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nice Ovoid finds man! :kenthumbup:

--------------------
" I never meant to give you mushrooms girl. I never meant to bring you to my world. But now you're sittin' in the corner crying, and now its my fault." 
:snoop:
" Said she was goin back into using AGAIN, I said WAIT, first try this HALLUCINOGEN!" :mushroom2:

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Tampanensis]
    #16568655 - 07/22/12 02:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good to see you posting again brother! ovoids looking nice :popcorn:

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #16571807 - 07/23/12 12:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks everybody, it feels nice to be back. The new job is nice, but a bit bothersome with the hunting ant hiking, but all is well. Today was awesome. Not quite picture perfect, but close.

Icebergs and alpine Deconica, plus some things I have never seen before. Three lakes in one day, over 12 miles, and even found a balloon with a note tied to it. All in all, it was a good day. Over 250 pictures to upload, but I will try to stay up late after dinner and finish the job. Here is a small taste of what is to come.:cheers:

--------------------

Offlinemycoscopy
Mushkateer
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
    #16571921 - 07/23/12 12:33 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What's #7, the little red ones with the white ring around the margin? I feel like we saw some of those awhile back...

And as always, GORGEOUS pics and amazing finds! :bow:

--------------------
Mushroom nerd, future farmer, lab rat.
Anything I say about psilocybes is purely hypothetical.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: mycoscopy]
    #16571974 - 07/23/12 12:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Those are the inactive Deconica sp. They are related to the genus Psilocybe, but are basically the inactive ones. I will try to post microscopy of them tomorrow. :sunny:

--------------------

InvisibleGravija
Make way for the cavalcade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #16572540 - 07/23/12 04:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wow wow wow. Amazing shots, dude!!!:wow:

Those Deconica ARE picture perfect!

--------------------
Listen to my music

Here

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #16572550 - 07/23/12 04:30 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wow. Awesome photos bfogg :super:

What's your new job? It would be nice to work in such a beautiful place.

--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

InvisibleFunki Porcini
Male
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: TimmiT]
    #16572697 - 07/23/12 05:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Oh my goodness man,Love the habitat shots!!!

OfflineRiparianZoneJunky
hunter/gatherer
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Funki Porcini]
    #16572854 - 07/23/12 07:10 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome back, good to see the ovoids still fruiting in the PNW.

--------------------
RZJ's Tea Tek
RZJ's Tradelist

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery *DELETED* [Re: RiparianZoneJunky]
    #16573956 - 07/23/12 01:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by bfogg8706

Reason for deletion: bad pictures

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#16573987 - 07/23/12 01:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry about the pics everyone. Didn't realize the server was down again. I'll fix the post when they are available again. :sad:

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: TimmiT]
    #16574017 - 07/23/12 01:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gravija said:
Great pics Bfogg! Is the first one Agaricus Augustus ? Is the third one a Panus?

How is the new jarb treating you? Looking forward to some alpine fungi!

Yes, first one is most likely A. augustus. New job is alright. Lots of hours so I can't complain:shrug:

Quote:

suchen said:
Niccceee. Are you calling that first Pan. an olivaceus? Also, I'm getting ready to brew a beer using reishi instead of hops for bittering  :datass:  I really hope it turns out.

Yes, those little ones are the last of my Pan. olive finds for the spring/summer. I knew a guy that brewed with reishi, it turned out awesome. Let me know if you want some hops, might be making a nice order from a farm in Yakima, plus the ones we got growing at home.

Quote:

TimmiT said:
Wow. Awesome photos bfogg :super:

What's your new job? It would be nice to work in such a beautiful place.

New job is back to welding again. I wish I could work in a place like this. There was a forest steward that we ran into on Sunday, so his job is basically taking care of the area we were hiking to. I wanna get paid to camp in this type of forest.

TO get here from my house is only about an hour 1/2 drive and a 5 mile hike. Nothing too serious, but a little steep (climbs about 2500' in two miles or so). Good day hike and camping area.

On a side note, I found on my maps an alpine lake that is VERY remote. I will be visiting this lake in the near future and bringing LOTS of azure spawn with. Gonna try to make the name a bit more fitting. It's legit name is "Azure Lake":lol:

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#16574516 - 07/23/12 02:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, here we go again, one more time.

Hypholoma sp:

Drainage leaving "Trout Lake"

Deconica sp:

Crossing the outlet of "Trout Lake". You can see how steep the canyon walls are. They were about 400 feet tall in some areas:

Big trees. All the cedar were Alaskan Yellow Cedar, and the fir are either Douglas Fir or Silver/Alpine Fir. Lots of Mountain Hemlock and weird alpine trees too.

Mycena sp:

This is the spot where in 1995 there was a large avalanche that blocked the outlet of "Trout Lake". The lake level rose over 10' before the creek was able to eat a way through the blockage, which killed many trees at the south end of the lake. You can see the dead trees in pictures later on. It took numerous years for the creek to overtake the slide:

The slide basin above the creek where the avalanche came from:

Ganoderma sp:

The big rock we climbed up on. It sits about 35' tall. You can barely make out the trail below this photo:

Trout Lake:

A Bolete being assimilated by  Hypomyces:

Ferns on the trail:

Rocky trail up at about 3,500' ASL

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies