Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: NeoSporen]
    #16458996 - 06/30/12 01:18 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Do you think the bluing is psilocybin bluing, or something different?  Does the blue/black color go away when the mushroom dries?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16460026 - 06/30/12 10:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It's more of a blue/silver color (kinda like P. cyanofibrillosa) so I am thinking it is more likely Psilocin that Psilocybin, which also helps explain the almost instantaneous bruising when picked from the ground. The onset was pretty fast, and so was the end, which also makes me think mostly psilocin and baeocystin. I can't really back my claim up with hard evidence, but based on hundreds of personal experiences to compare with, I would feel comfortable saying this species produces mainly Psilocin. 

The bruising will fade if you let them sit for a while before drying, but if they are dried within an hour of picking, the blue stays. Since I was only about 100 yards from my house when harvesting, I was able to put them directly in the dehydrator within 10 mins of picking. I believe this helped to keep the color in the dried specimens because others that were not dried this way don't have much blue/silver to the stems. It is a very vibrant color, and reminds me of bluing Conocybe species.

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
    #16460053 - 06/30/12 10:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

very cool man!

so you feel alright this morning? no stomach cramps or anything ?

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16460100 - 06/30/12 10:53 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nah, I feel fine. Stayed up till about 4:00 just to be safe and nothing uncomfortable set in. I believe muscarine poisoning onset is pretty fast (maybe 1-2 hours depending on how much is there to be absorbed), so I should be fine. But that doesn't mean there is no toxic effect at higher doses. It was a pretty small dose that I took, so it might take more to induce muscarine poisoning:shrug: I don't want to rule it out yet, but the larger dose assay will really tell. Hopefully the shots get to stay sealed:lol:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Edited by NeoSporen (06/30/12 10:54 AM)

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

#16460116 - 06/30/12 10:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:lol: ya dude!

--------------------

Invisibleolive
fresh
 User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16461772 - 06/30/12 05:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

WOW

:congrats:

:popcorn:

:amanita2:

--------------------
cactilicious

grow      :ovenmitt:    hunt

OfflineLepkaun
Super Stooper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Close and Far Flag
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: olive]
    #16461845 - 06/30/12 06:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:hatsoff:Good work bfogg,can't wait to find out what the experience is from the larger dose. :goodluck:

--------------------

Leppy say's::strokebeard:Seek and you will find!Ask and they will guide you!Listen and be taught!!:leaving:

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Lepkaun]
    #16461853 - 06/30/12 06:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #16463347 - 07/01/12 01:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Amanita time! East of the cascade crest, near Hyak. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. It was quite the fun day:yesnod:

Happy Amanita:

Inocybe:

These guys were awesome, but I haven't found anything that fits well:confused:

They were everywhere:willynilly:

Entoloma:

Stropharia:

Psathyrella:

:shrug: Brown/purple gills. sorry, no gill shot:

A fun day in the woods:

--------------------

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #16463396 - 07/01/12 01:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Perhaps Entoloma for your last.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16463408 - 07/01/12 02:00 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

god damb got enough fire power there!! :lol: looks fun though. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16463414 - 07/01/12 02:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I was thinking maybe a Deconica. They are all over that area in different types of moss, but I'm not really sure. Gills were pretty dark brown/purple. I found a few others in some moss but didn't want to sacrifice the camera in the rain for pictures. I'll be back up there. The forest was very alive with growth, but the guns were distracting. Ole "Mulch Sausage" and his ideas:lol:

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#16468541 - 07/02/12 12:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, so this will be my last update in this thread for a while. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures as much as I did taking them. :cheers:

Amanita pantherina:

Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata:

Hygrocybe cantharellus:

Gymnopus sp:

Boletes sp:

A weird Pluteus, maybe a beat up Pluteus romellii:

Inocybe sp. Didn't have green tinge on the stem, so I don't think I. calamistrata is right:

Amanita sp:

Auriscalpium vulgare:

A different Amanita sp. This one has a veil:

Mycena haematopus:

Amanita sp:

Calocera cornea:

Oysters:

More Amanita:

Panaeolus cinctulus:

--------------------

InvisibleKBG1977
    #16469839 - 07/02/12 11:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Stunning finds man:thumbup:

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: KBG1977]
    #16470379 - 07/02/12 01:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

awesome! :awesomenod:

no more updates?? damn! for how long??

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: bloodworm]
    #16470399 - 07/02/12 01:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Probably about a month. I might update whenever I get the chance, but 6-12 hour days a week leaves little time for hunting. I still get sunday's off, so that helps. But on the up side, the 13 mile bike ride home passes TONS of good woodlover habitat, so pics might pop up randomly. I'll be around:sunny:

--------------------

Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
    #16470793 - 07/02/12 03:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck with the job, dude! Every time I see an Amanita like these I keep wanting to call them Amanita russuloides or sp. S01 (Tulloss) but I think it's only to make myself feel better about not knowing anything :dumblol: The "different Amanita" looks like either a rubescent species or perhaps the North American version of A. pantherina (though the warts are way off for that). Really nice photos :congrats: I am always a sucker for Auriscalpium vulgare :awesomenod:

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: suchen]
    #16471379 - 07/02/12 05:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

suchen said:
Good luck with the job, dude! Every time I see an Amanita like these I keep wanting to call them Amanita russuloides or sp. S01 (Tulloss) but I think it's only to make myself feel better about not knowing anything :dumblol:

these have a veil.
sp-01 does not.
i think Amanita sect. Amanita or even Amanita citrina might be close. :shrug:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: bloodworm]
    #16471439 - 07/02/12 05:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Seemingly a flimsy one that can easily fall off, but you are probably right on this one.

Amanita S01
Quote:

The thin, white ring is short-lived and is sometimes seen in shreds on the edge of the cap.

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Invisibledomesticgnome

Loc: For me to know and you to find...
Re: Bfogg's 2012 Spring Fungi Gallery [Re: suchen]
    #16472904 - 07/02/12 11:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the info on the bluing mycenas. I found some of these earlier this year in spring with ridiculous bruising on the base. I did some research, but couldn't find anything. I injested a tiny amount. About 5 and had no effect at all. I haven't been able to find more since, so I didn't get to try an increased dose. I'm hoping they'll come back around when fall cools things down.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies