Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAricknaa
Stranger
My Last "Cry For Help"
    #16169843 - 05/02/12 08:59 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

So I've Been suicidal for some time now, never really putting too much thought into it, just knowing it was always an option. But somehow magically something would always happen to lift my spirits. I've been holding on now for a lil over a year hoping my life would get better. But  everything is only getting worse. I have no friends anymore because of people moving, them getting girlfriends, etc, fights with my family has left me almost family-less. Because I am shy and have anxiety I am girlfriend-less. Its been over 3 years since I had sex. I couldnt find work for close to 2 years which has left me living in my moms business and taking showers at my gym. I hate my work, which here lately has only been a few days a week so my paychecks are pathetic. Maybe 200$ a week. It seems as though my free spirited life I lived in the past that kept me happy only destroyed any future I ever had. for example quitting almost all jobs ive ever had after 3-6 months because of wanting to do something else like party, hang with friends/girlfriend, or how i didnt try at all in highschool because it seem'd pointless. Which inevitably left me unable to attend college and make something of myself. and since im poor i cannot pay for it myself. I was able to cope for a long time by smoking marijuana but of course that only made finding a job impossible in todays society. Video games used to bring me a false sense of accomplishment that lasted for awhile. Ultimately I've exhausted every resource I can think of to stay "happy" and nothing lasts. Even tried meditation and spirituality.

Ultimately it has left me wondering what is the point? crap job that took me 2 years to find. Cant smoke weed. shyness and anxiety leaving me unable to approach a women in public, so no girlfriend. friends and family are basically gone. Too poor for college. Everything I've ever possibly looked forward to is not there anymore. so whats the point in continuing my life

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDutch-Master2890
Stranger

Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: Aricknaa]
    #16169892 - 05/02/12 09:26 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Dude your not afraid to kill yourself but your afraid to approach a female. That goes against all natural instincts of self preservation. What's the worst that will happen you get turned down. And suicide is just dumb honestly who's to say shit might get worse if u kill yourself. Who knows if this life is way better than death u just don't know so u might as well try ti make the best of a shitty situation because life can always be worse. Think about how lucky u are just to be living where ur at instead of some cave in a third world country with no water. Yea life can seem shitty at times but it can always be way worse. You have a way better life than a lot of people in this world so stop complaining

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

Loc: wisconsin
    #16169947 - 05/02/12 09:44 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Aricknaa said:
So I've Been suicidal for some time now, never really putting too much thought into it, just knowing it was always an option. But somehow magically something would always happen to lift my spirits. I've been holding on now for a lil over a year hoping my life would get better. But  everything is only getting worse. I have no friends anymore because of people moving, them getting girlfriends, etc, fights with my family has left me almost family-less. Because I am shy and have anxiety I am girlfriend-less. Its been over 3 years since I had sex. I couldnt find work for close to 2 years which has left me living in my moms business and taking showers at my gym. I hate my work, which here lately has only been a few days a week so my paychecks are pathetic. Maybe 200$ a week. It seems as though my free spirited life I lived in the past that kept me happy only destroyed any future I ever had. for example quitting almost all jobs ive ever had after 3-6 months because of wanting to do something else like party, hang with friends/girlfriend, or how i didnt try at all in highschool because it seem'd pointless. Which inevitably left me unable to attend college and make something of myself. and since im poor i cannot pay for it myself. I was able to cope for a long time by smoking marijuana but of course that only made finding a job impossible in todays society. Video games used to bring me a false sense of accomplishment that lasted for awhile. Ultimately I've exhausted every resource I can think of to stay "happy" and nothing lasts. Even tried meditation and spirituality.

Ultimately it has left me wondering what is the point? crap job that took me 2 years to find. Cant smoke weed. shyness and anxiety leaving me unable to approach a women in public, so no girlfriend. friends and family are basically gone. Too poor for college. Everything I've ever possibly looked forward to is not there anymore. so whats the point in continuing my life

generally...
smoking pot + video games = going fucking nowhere in life

i live on 930 dollars a month and also been giving 200 of it a month to a friend who needs it to make rent

grow some mushrooms ( there you go, basically free awesome drug  thats great for helping depression/anxiety etc.  also another possible source of income)

introduce yourself to folk at your gym. the ONLY way to truly overcome social anxiety is to throw yourself into it (social situations) as much as possible, it will become easier every time

--------------------
fnord

i appreciated the garden before, but i understood it now

psychedelic benefits poll ---->
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16182497 
[quote]AllGreyThumbs said:
Damn it, they really have to stop calling things LSD that aren't really LSD.  That goes for dealers, police, and the media.  Stop it, stop it, stop it.  It makes the real LSD look bad.[/quote]

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

Loc: wisconsin
Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: jebre]
    #16169969 - 05/02/12 09:54 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

but yea  i feel you. i been in bout the same situation.  as i said,  pot and video games are regression

honestly  mushrooms is what saved my life made it possible to enjoy life again    after i murdered every a -good feeling- part of my brain  with destructive drugs (  amphetamines, benzos, weed, opiates, alcohol, air duster, huffing, tranquilizers, triple C's etc)

with women, in my experience only one thing matters ---knowing alot of women--      the mroe you know the more likely u r to find one that u like and that likes you
whether ur short, tall, fat, skinny, ugly or stud lookin'      if you don't have chick friends u wont get laid

i mean, i don't know your life better than u and won't claim to i guess but this is just what has done good for me and i hope it helps :thumbup:

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------
fnord

i appreciated the garden before, but i understood it now

psychedelic benefits poll ---->
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16182497 
[quote]AllGreyThumbs said:
Damn it, they really have to stop calling things LSD that aren't really LSD.  That goes for dealers, police, and the media.  Stop it, stop it, stop it.  It makes the real LSD look bad.[/quote]

OfflineBuster_Brown
pink boy
Male User Gallery

#16169996 - 05/02/12 10:01 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

A compassionate society would grant your wishes, however we do not live in a compassionate society, therefore you either become dispassionate and a menial or you change society.

Logic fails when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, that's door #3

Edited by Buster_Brown (05/02/12 10:18 AM)

Anonymous #1

Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #16173379 - 05/02/12 10:15 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

You've just told us all (including yourself) why you're depressed. You're not applying yourself, and you're waiting for something to come rescue you from this rut you're in. You know what your gotta do, get to working more hours, hang up the party shoes, and pave your pathway to success. Whether it be through grants and scholarships (don't cost you any money, and if you're too poor to pay for school, you'll get these) and school for a better career, or flipping burgers for minimum wage, you've gotta get yourself moving. Stagnation has always been the cause of my depression, and when it hits you, you just stagnate some more. Time to get up and get things out of life and work for them. I've never heard of a laborer who's depressed unless they don't have work. Time let's you get into your head and question things (at least for me it does) but when you've got something to do, you don't have the time to be depressed. Put in more hours at work, make money, build the life you want, cuz I promise you nobody is gonna do it for you (but we will help with advice). Hopefully this helps motivate you, or you find the motivation.

As for the chick thing, talk to chicks at work. Talk to them like you're helping them, or giving good customer service, then next time you see them be a little more personal. If you view them as a client/customer you'll have no problem talking to them. That should help you get over the anxiety until its time to ask one out. Or go hit on fat ugly chicks until you have no more pride, then the hot ones aren't up on a pedestal any more.

InvisibleNonkeldolf
Militant
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16186247 - 05/05/12 03:56 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:Or go hit on fat ugly chicks until you have no more pride, then the hot ones aren't up on a pedestal any more.

Now that has to be the worst piece of advice I've ever heard in my whole life (and I've heard some pretty shitty advice - believe me!).

Have some self-respect.

--------------------
"No more drugs... for that man!"

OfflineEllis Dee
wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Knockturn Alley
    #16186382 - 05/05/12 04:41 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Dude. Try a dating website for a while. You'll get laid and when you're getting laid regularly you'll feel better.

--------------------

"Energy is everything. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics." - Bashar

InvisibleNonkeldolf
Militant
Male

Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #16194767 - 05/07/12 03:00 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I hope the OP will keep us posted.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Bomb
saulsberry steak today children!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: Nonkeldolf]
    #16197929 - 05/08/12 02:34 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

if you are having issues approaching a woman just remember they are human just like you. you think that you are less of a person than you are. everybody is the same in the sense that we are all just a bunch of retarded monkeys trying to fuck a football.

--------------------
"Its only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything"  <-- Brad Pitt? Fight Club

"Nothing is real, not you or me, we just think we are real, its a fantastic illusion, we exist only because something wants us too, why, I have no idea."  <-- 1138, DF2 debugger and teacher.

InvisibleNonkeldolf
Militant
Male

Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: The_Bomb]
    #16198982 - 05/08/12 11:03 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The_Bomb said:
if you are having issues approaching a woman just remember they are human just like you. you think that you are less of a person than you are. everybody is the same in the sense that we are all just a bunch of retarded monkeys trying to fuck a football.

Indeed.

Just picture them sitting on the toilet taking a dump. Unless you get a kick out of such things.

--------------------

Offlinehappymealplease
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: My Last "Cry For Help" [Re: Nonkeldolf]
    #16201324 - 05/08/12 09:22 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

the point in continuing to live is survival.  lives have become pretty comfortable so sometimes we tend to expect more than that (and get depressed when we don't have it) but the only reason to continue to live is to survive.  if you keep fighting you might eventually find something that provides you some happiness but even that will have to be fought to be maintained.

if you're depressed about not having a girlfriend then make yourself into a respectable man so you can get a girl you enjoy.  video games and pot being your main passtime doesn't look very good to anyone, not even yourself, so why would it get you in with the ladies?  you need to work yourself out of this rut.  yeah it sucks to feel all this shit and realize what a crap situation you're in but if you really WANT to get out of it and have the ability to then you can.  accept that you got yourself here and work your ass off to distance yourself from it.

Edited by happymealplease (05/08/12 09:27 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being