Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSymbols
§✪λⓡɕHⒶŠƎƦ

Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive
    #16169590 - 05/02/12 04:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Student abandoned in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/01/student-abandoned-in-dea-holding-cell-drank-own-urine-to-survive/

Daniel Chong, a 24-year old student at UC San Diego, was taken into custody during a drug raid and abandoned in a holding cell for five days without food or water, according to NBC San Diego.

“They never came back, ignored all my cries and I still don’t know what happened,” he said. “I’m not sure how they could forget me.”

On April 21, Drug Enforcement Agents raided an apartment where Chong and his friends were smoking marijuana. Nine people were arrested and the agents reportedly seized ecstasy pills, marijuana, prescription medication, psychedelic mushrooms and weapons, according to CBS 8 News. Seven of those arrested were taken to jail and one was released.

Chong, however, was left handcuffed in a 5 ft. by 10 ft. holding cell.

Chong said he screamed and kicked the door, but to no avail. Eventually, he began hallucinating and drank his own urine in hopes of staying hydrated. After days without any human contact, he tried to kill himself by breaking his glasses with his teeth, and using the glass to cut himself.

Surprisingly, Chong allegedly found a bag of methamphetamine in the holding cell, which he used to stay awake.

After five days, a DEA worker heard noises coming from the holding cell and discovered him. Chong was taken to the hospital, where he spent three days in the intensive care unit.

The DEA has not apologized to Chong. He has not been charged with any crime.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Symbols]
    #16169600 - 05/02/12 04:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not sure if this kid lucked out or not. There's no way the DEA will prosecute the case now because of the publicity it would bring. There's also not much the kid can do because he'll have DEA threatening to prosecute if he sues. It might have saved him a felony for a 5 days experience, which seems like a benefit to me.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineRiz
Down by the River
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: British Columbia, Canada Flag
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #16169622 - 05/02/12 04:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow if this is real it makes me hate those fuckers all the more. I would freak if something like happened to me. I don't even know what I would do. Nothing good that's for sure.

--------------------
:lsdabc::sunny:

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Riz]
    #16169685 - 05/02/12 05:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure what charges and time he would be facing but this could definitely help him out a lot.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Ellis Dee] * 2
    #16169714 - 05/02/12 05:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Not sure if this kid lucked out or not. There's no way the DEA will prosecute the case now because of the publicity it would bring. There's also not much the kid can do because he'll have DEA threatening to prosecute if he sues. It might have saved him a felony for a 5 days experience, which seems like a benefit to me.

Fuck that...He can sue for millions...and he should.

But I have my doubts about "Surprisingly, Chong allegedly found a bag of methamphetamine in the holding cell, which he used to stay awake."

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineOdd_Nonposter
Unrecognizable
Male

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: migraineur]
    #16169715 - 05/02/12 05:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The DEA is probably going to drop the case and tell the kid to keep quiet.

If I was that kid I'd sue for cruel and unusual punishment.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Odd_Nonposter]
    #16169722 - 05/02/12 05:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Odd_Nonposter said:

That isn't a cause of action...but he can sue under 42 U.S.C. 1983 for a violation of his civil rights...

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Enlil]
    #16169740 - 05/02/12 05:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not suing might save him a life time of being rejected by employers and other countries whilst traveling. Either way it'll definitely work in his favour.

OfflineMaharishi_2_U
Opt Out Super Fag
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Streets Flag
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: migraineur]
    #16169810 - 05/02/12 06:34 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

When I was placed on "24 hour" hold undersuspition of manufacturing a controlled substance (cannabis).  I wound up in a dank, nearly freezing holding cell in Febuary for nearly five days until state officials took custody of me.  I was non combative but refused to answer questions as to whom my associates were.  This comes as no surprise to me.
BC

OfflineB0b0
Sage
 User Gallery

Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Symbols]
    #16169841 - 05/02/12 06:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Symbols said:

Surprisingly, Chong allegedly found a bag of methamphetamine in the holding cell, which he used to stay awake.

Are you fucking kidding me?!  :nojustno:

InvisibleHashbuble
Mycocentric Mutha Fucker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Ellis Dee] * 2
    #16169863 - 05/02/12 07:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Holy fucking shit. This story needs a brighter light shined on it. He must have been going fucking nuts, and he found a bag of meth. I don't know if that would be good to find or not (might make you crazier). Well, I guess it would be good to have the meth in there, as long as you did'nt run out. The war on drugs is absolutely ridiculous. 40 million a year and drug abuse is rising. This is obviosly not working. Drug abusers and addicts should not be treated as criminals, they should be treated as a public health problem. We should start a war on education, if its anywhere as succesful as the war on drugs we'll all be Einsteins in no time.

--------------------
The mushrooms just keep following me

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

Loc: wisconsin
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Enlil]
    #16169922 - 05/02/12 07:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Odd_Nonposter said:

That isn't a cause of action...but he can sue under 42 U.S.C. 1983 for a violation of his civil rights...

what civil rights?
americans stopped having those  February 1, 2002

--------------------
fnord

i appreciated the garden before, but i understood it now

psychedelic benefits poll ---->
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16182497 
[quote]AllGreyThumbs said:
Damn it, they really have to stop calling things LSD that aren't really LSD.  That goes for dealers, police, and the media.  Stop it, stop it, stop it.  It makes the real LSD look bad.[/quote]

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Odd_Nonposter]
    #16169940 - 05/02/12 07:40 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Odd_Nonposter said:
The DEA is probably going to drop the case and tell the kid to keep quiet.

it dont work like that

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: jebre]
    #16169943 - 05/02/12 07:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jebre said:
what civil rights?

You're misinformed.  The Constitution has not been changed since 1992...and the last change affecting civil rights was, arguably, 1971...but that only increased the amount of civil rights...There have been no changes to the Constitution which reduced civil rights.  I suppose you could argue that the 18th amendment reduced them, but that was repealed by the 21st...

You should really read more.  You might have smarter things to say if you do.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

#16169978 - 05/02/12 07:57 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

jebre said:
what civil rights?

You're misinformed.  The Constitution has not been changed since 1992...and the last change affecting civil rights was, arguably, 1971...but that only increased the amount of civil rights...There have been no changes to the Constitution which reduced civil rights.  I suppose you could argue that the 18th amendment reduced them, but that was repealed by the 21st...

patriot act came into effect February 1, 2002

it negates amendments 4-9  on the bill of rights

--------------------
fnord

Damn it, they really have to stop calling things LSD that aren't really LSD.  That goes for dealers, police, and the media.  Stop it, stop it, stop it.  It makes the real LSD look bad.[/quote]

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: jebre]
    #16169985 - 05/02/12 07:59 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I must have missed it. Please demonstrate how it negates those amendments... without hyperbole.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #16169990 - 05/02/12 08:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

jebre said:
what civil rights?

You are incorrect. Since 1992 the United States of America has ratified numerous treaties which supersede the US Constitution, including the United Nations Charter.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

#16169993 - 05/02/12 08:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

also    if your imprisoned indefinetely without trial and without beign informed of your crime, without any reason given for your arrest other than you were declared a "terrorist"    then it really doesn't matter what rights you ahve at that point

--------------------
fnord

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: jebre] * 1
    #16169995 - 05/02/12 08:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jebre said:
patriot act came into effect February 1, 2002

it negates amendments 4-9  on the bill of rights

Is that your scholarly interpretation?  Or do you have some source other than your ass from which you derive this interpretation?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Student abandoned for 5 days in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #16170000 - 05/02/12 08:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
You are incorrect. Since 1992 the United States of America has ratified numerous treaties which supersede the US Constitution, including the United Nations Charter.

Treaties do not supercede the constitution...any treaty that would violate the constitution is invalid...

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds