Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefpssiz
Stranger
Are these toast? Newbie intro with CaliGrowKits.com Review!
    #16150440 - 04/28/12 10:32 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Hey all I am new to the forum but have been floating around for a bit now checking things out. I have some contamination or so I believe check out the jars here  https://plus.google.com/photos/106687135235020440534/albums/5736448711324997201
Edit:
The Third one in the set with the lighter substrate is a home made that is showing fast signs of colonizing and no signs of contamination. The spores are from bestspores.com and are their Thai Tanic.

Now for the review. All of the other jars are from CaliGrowKits.com. With that being said I have to say they suck... Absolutely no customer support whatsoever and by far none of their products are worth buying. I paid for the deluxe kit and received the basic kit. OK? This is after I had to threaten a law suit and paypal resolution center. They finally sent the wrong kit after 2 months. Needless to say I got my hundred and some dollars back the first time. Then I gave them a second chance and ordered some spores just wanting to get started after having to buy everything myself. Ordered some more spores on the ninth and still have not received the product. OK this is round number 2 no response from the seller and and other paypal dispute with paypal even calling me about the multiple claims. They stated that they have a large amount of customers filing claims against them. I am about to get my money back from this last buy and never again will I order from this shit ass thing they call a company.

I took my money elsewhere and bought from earthstongue.com I am hoping they are legit and I can really get something started here. I have 2 maybe 4 jars left that are not compromised. I say maybe 4 because 2 of them are from caligrowkits and are not showing any kind of fast colonization. The homemade jars are growing at an exponential rate compared to the others and are super white.

A couple of questions I wanted to throw out there if there are anyone with somewhat of and answer please share.
1. What should the jars smell like when they are colonizing?
2. Are any of those jars in the album contamed with the yellowish stuff?
3. Is there any place to get good spores other than earthstongue?

With that said and asked I will leave you to why I am here. I really like doing this kind of stuff and had good success with growing pot. This is much easier and a lot more advanced. But am finding it really hard to get started and self sustaining with the advanced procedures. Looking forward to start agar culturing, saving spore prints, cornering a strong fast growing strain and all that good stuff that comes along with it. Any advice will suffice and is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced MIKE!

P.S I made a poll for viewers reviews of caligrowkits.com and earthstongue.com if you do not mind sharing your quick click of what you think about them that would be nice.
Caligrowkits.com
You may choose only one
Yes
No!
Earthstongue.com
You may choose only one
Yes
No!

Votes accepted from (04/28/12 08:29 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

Edited by fpssiz (04/28/12 11:17 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: Are these toast? Newbie intro with CaliGrowKits.com Review! [Re: fpssiz]
    #16150515 - 04/28/12 11:20 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Some of those look like they have bacteria in them. Mycelium smells mushroomy. Any other odor would indicates contamination. Here is the proper method for doing brown rice flour jars http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15223324/fpart/1/vc/1

If you follow it step by step you can't fail. Well, you can and people do but it's really not that hard.

--------------------

Offlinefpssiz
Stranger
Re: Are these toast? Newbie intro with CaliGrowKits.com Review! [Re: Kizzle]
    #16152679 - 04/28/12 09:36 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the link Kizzle!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Are these toast? Newbie intro with CaliGrowKits.com Review! [Re: fpssiz]
    #16164366 - 05/01/12 09:37 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

They stated that they have a large amount of customers filing claims against them. I am about to get my money back from this last buy and never again will I order from this shit ass thing they call a company.

I took my money elsewhere and bought from earthstongue.com I am hoping they are legit and I can really get something started here.

You didn't improve any.  I only know of a handful of grows ever where ET products worked for people, and a quick search will reveal hundreds, or possibly thousands of failures. 

Shroomery vendors are vetted to make sure they deliver as advertised.  If they fail in that, they're booted out.  It's your only real hope for success.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

Offlinefpssiz
Stranger
Re: Are these toast? Newbie intro with CaliGrowKits.com Review! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #16176038 - 05/03/12 12:19 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

So can anyone help get me started in the right direction? Spore prints or syringes is all that I need.

P.S RR thanks for the awesome videos dude they were super informative and helped a lot on my end.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum