Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Is 'Bait Car' racist?
    #16136953 - 04/25/12 05:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

'Bait Car' is a American police tactit turned into a reality TV show. The police leave a nice new SUV or other nice vehicle in a high car theft area. When a thief takes the bait, the cops remotely lock the doors and kill the engine and arrest the perp.

I have not done a survey as I have only watched the show twice, but the vast majority of thieves are blacks. Some have called the show racist.

My thoughts are this: If the producers are not selectively picking episodes to highlight a certain race and are showing all of the busts, then I do not see how it could be considered racist. The areas targeted are those areas where car theft is the highest.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 2
    #16136982 - 04/25/12 06:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If I see a black person I drive to another state and park there.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #16137057 - 04/25/12 07:13 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
'Bait Car' is a American police tactit turned into a reality TV show. The police leave a nice new SUV or other nice vehicle in a high car theft area. When a thief takes the bait, the cops remotely lock the doors and kill the engine and arrest the perp.

I have not done a survey as I have only watched the show twice, but the vast majority of thieves are blacks. Some have called the show racist.

My thoughts are this: If the producers are not selectively picking episodes to highlight a certain race and are showing all of the busts, then I do not see how it could be considered racist. The areas targeted are those areas where car theft is the highest.

My thoughts are this:  After you have watched all the episodes over the first season, then report the statistics.  Compare this to the demographics in the various cities and report black.  I mean back.

Only two times watching it?  Completely invalid statistically.  Get us at least two standard deviations...

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinestumpme
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #16137485 - 04/25/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my first thought was lol...but I see what you're saying now...I don't see how they can say its okay to set someone up like that and then take them to jail...I know they are stealing but it still seems messed up for some reason

--------------------
just give me a field and a sun ray!

Edited by stumpme (04/25/12 10:23 AM)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: stumpme]
    #16137512 - 04/25/12 10:34 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

stumpme said:
my first thought was lol...but I see what you're saying now...I don't see how they can say its okay to set someone up like that and then take them to jail...I know they are stealing but it still seems messed up for some reason

it's all entrapment.  like having some fake drunk guy roll around who is undercover or some undercover ho trapping johns.  it's what cops do best entrap and serve.  or something like that.

--------------------

InvisibleEvil Clown

Loc: undisclosed
    #16137540 - 04/25/12 10:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Why do prostitution stings always target "johns"?

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: stumpme]
    #16137673 - 04/25/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

stumpme said:

How dare somebody park a non-junker on a public street! :mad:  Here in Vegas, robbers hang out by the cashier cage to see who hit big, then smash and grab them in the parking garage. They deserved it for carrying cash.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#16137678 - 04/25/12 11:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

My thoughts are this:  After you have watched all the episodes over the first season, then report the statistics.  Compare this to the demographics in the various cities and report black.  I mean back.

Only two times watching it?  Completely invalid statistically.  Get us at least two standard deviations...

This sprung from another discussion board where people had seen all the episodes and collated the stats. Two episodes was one more than I really needed to see. (Not for statistics, but for viewing interest.)

--------------------

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

#16137685 - 04/25/12 11:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They take a clean Toyota Camry or Escalade, with 20' chrome rims, and park it in downtown Detroit.

Come on now.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: Big Worm]
    #16137737 - 04/25/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

So some people have no choice, but to ransack and jack - is that it? Where else are they going to park it if not in a HIGH CRIME AREA as an attempt to reduce car theft?

"OMG, a Camry - and its washed! Can't be local." It's a veritable invitation. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #16137777 - 04/25/12 12:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Doesn't sound racist, but then it seems somehow the term itself has become some universal pejorative for anything "offensive"- including the truth.

When people start making up new words and shit its a pretty good indication their argument is crap.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: johnm214]
    #16138153 - 04/25/12 02:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Doesn't sound racist, but then it seems somehow the term itself has become some universal pejorative for anything "offensive"- including the truth.

When people start making up new words and shit its a pretty good indication their argument is crap.

Agreed.  It isn't unfair that men who solicit prostitutes are referred to as "johns".  It's common knowledge.  Even the media says it. I mean we could come up with a new word buy why bother when john works.  I mean not like we are going to start calling our dick john or something.  Wow you got a bum rap "where's the john" referring to the toilet.  I mean wtf that shit is cold.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#16138769 - 04/25/12 04:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Then you have Peeping Toms, Doubting Thomas & Uncle Toms. Glad my name is Gilbert.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #16138982 - 04/25/12 06:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Get us at least two standard deviations...

I don't think that means what you think it means.

it's all entrapment.

I don't think that means what you think it means either.

Entrapment:
In criminal law, entrapment is conduct by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.[1] In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime.

If the undercover went up to the thief and said, "hey man, help me steal that car over there with the keys in it", and then the thief complies, THAT is entrapment.

Parking a car and walking away is not.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: Diploid]
    #16139012 - 04/25/12 06:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

last i checked the color of my skin doesn't govern my impulses to steal cars. i'm glad these idiots are getting clowned on national tv for being the lowlifes they are.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: Diploid]
    #16139189 - 04/25/12 06:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Get us at least two standard deviations...

I don't think that means what you think it means.

it's all entrapment.

I don't think that means what you think it means either.

Entrapment:
In criminal law, entrapment is conduct by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.[1] In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability. However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime.

If the undercover went up to the thief and said, "hey man, help me steal that car over there with the keys in it", and then the thief complies, THAT is entrapment.

Parking a car and walking away is not.

if n is too small sampling errors result.  you need more N!

you probably don't think the show "to catch a predator" is entrapment even though she was 18 and was the one pushing the guys to show up.  business as usual right?

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#16139207 - 04/25/12 06:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Different premise and tactics. As the woman was of legal age, the men are guilty of a thought crime encouraged by authorities.

"Would you have a seat right there?"

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Is 'Bait Car' racist? [Re: millzy]
    #16139215 - 04/25/12 06:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

millzy said:
last i checked the color of my skin doesn't govern my impulses to steal cars. i'm glad these idiots are getting clowned on national tv for being the lowlifes they are.

It is not about skin color, but a culture and a mindset that encourages such behavior.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#16139290 - 04/25/12 07:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Different premise and tactics. As the woman was of legal age, the men are guilty of a thought crime encouraged by authorities.

"Would you have a seat right there?"

It's the same show.  They put out bait and hope to trap somebody.  They lock the car doors it's even worse on your car show.  On to catch a predator they let them get outside so the cops can tackle the dude on the grass or better yet the driveway!  fuckin scum thought criminal just imagine if that girl really was 14 and home alone!  glad we caught the fucker red handed.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#16139330 - 04/25/12 07:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I sleep easier knowing that imaginary girls are going unmolested.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale