Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMikeallojee
Coolaid smile
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
gas water heater exhaust blower
    #16130110 - 04/23/12 07:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The blower is making a high pitched noise like the berrings are going out. I shut off the blower and turned off the gas. I was wondering if there is anyone who has experience replacing one of these and reigniting the gas water heater. MYK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFungi01
John Plischke
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Pennsylvania
Re: gas water heater exhaust blower [Re: Mikeallojee]
    #16131294 - 04/23/12 11:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just went to class on it.  Fixing the blowers and igniters.  Most of the major brands of watertanks have their service and parts manuals online.  Not a hard fix but expensive and very much so if you dont do it yourself.  I think I have the PDFs for Bradford White tanks but try looking other brands up.

OfflineMikeallojee
Coolaid smile
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: gas water heater exhaust blower [Re: Fungi01]
    #16142057 - 04/26/12 11:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanks. I went to a local dealer he looked up the part number and quoted $399.00. I looked the blower up on amazon and found one for $200.00. The blower on the tank states it is 3400RPM and the one on amazon is 3300RPMs. Does the 100RPMs make a difference? myk

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: gas water heater exhaust blower [Re: Mikeallojee]
    #16146032 - 04/27/12 07:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

100rpm will not make a difference, if you hook me up with a link to the
replacement part I may be able to source one even cheaper, a new water
heater starts in the $300 range so $200+ for a blower seems a little insane

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: gas water heater exhaust blower [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16148741 - 04/27/12 08:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

replacements parts tend to cost a lot, that way you are more inclined to just buy a new one.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineFungi01
John Plischke
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Pennsylvania
Re: gas water heater exhaust blower [Re: iateshaggy]
    #16208191 - 05/10/12 01:06 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

not certain about the blower pricing but it may be ok.  300 may be a price for a blowerless tank but if you furnace does not go up the chimley you may need the blower to vent the gas outside.  With out a furnace to help i was told never to do it without the blower.  Be safe and check to see.

InvisibleEmmanuel Goldstein

Loc: usa Flag
Re: gas water heater exhaust blower [Re: Fungi01]
    #16238921 - 05/16/12 07:56 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

There are rules for venting a low BTU appliance into a chimney where it is the only appliance venting in the chimney, good point but he has a draft induced appliance which is meant to be either vented outside the home through a side wall or running a full length of PVC up a chimney. On many ultra high water heaters a provision for condensate draining is part of the plastic body of the blower housing. If you see this then the temperatures of the flue gasess may be very low to begin with. If you vent an appliance that is too efficient directly into the chimney, flue gasses can cool down to the point they begin to condense moisture which can eat at the joints between each section of the terracotta flue, especially if the chimney is on an outside wall.

Did you ever get a new inducer motor? That's a very steep price for a replacement part considering the original cost of a new appliance if you ask me but I haven't purchased one in quite a while now.

(EDIT) Have you tried eBay? You'd be stunned at what you might find on eBay and cheap too.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: gas water heater exhaust blower [Re: Emmanuel Goldstein]
    #16268489 - 05/22/12 03:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

that is what they cost.  i need to replace mine in my central heater and it was abotu that much.  there was only a $25 savings going to fleabay.  also, i'm pretty sure u don't want to run exhaust in pvc but that galvanized thin wall pipe instead.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss
7,049 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.033 seconds on 14 queries.