Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible404 Happy Birthday
Schizophrenic Mystic
 User Gallery

Loc: Acid Cornfields
Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for supplying entire town with Marijuana
    #16094675 - 04/15/12 09:11 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129601/Ganja-granny-73-supplied-marijuana-entire-town-ran-lucrative-state-drug-ring.html

Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for 'supplying marijuana to her entire town and ran lucrative four-state drug ring'

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 22:36 EST, 13 April 2012 | UPDATED: 19:12 EST, 14 April 2012

A 73-year-old gun-toting grandmother was arrested after authorities seized nearly $300,000 in cash and four pounds of marijuana from her home.

Oklahoma police raided the home of Darlene Mayes in rural Craig County.

In addition to the pot and cash, they recovered a semiautomatic pistol and revolver.

Authorities said they were shocked to find the elderly woman was the kingpin of the lucrative drug trade.
Kingpin: Police arrested 73-year-old Darlene Mayes after they allegedly found her with six pounds of marijuana and around $270,000

Granny gone wrong: Police believe Mayes was running a large-scale drug operation from her rural Oklahoma home

Vinita Police Chief Bobby Floyd told The Daily that authorities had been investigating the drug ring for about five months, but only learned of the dealer’s identity earlier in the week.

‘It was an extreme wow moment,’ Mr Floyd told kjrh.com.

Mayes was arrested Monday. Police discovered cash hidden throughout her idyllic ranch home.

Her son Jerry Dorsey was arrested on Monday after he was found carrying almost a pound of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and $2,100 in cash.

Craig County Sheriff Jimmy Sooter told kjrh.com that he believes Mayes dealt to surrounding areas as well as Vinita.
Seeing green: Around six pounds of marijuana was seized from her home

Seeing green: Around six pounds of marijuana was seized from her home
All about the Benjamins: In addition, around $277,000 were found with traces of narcotics on them

The small town borders Arkansas, Missouri, and Kansas.

‘We feel like it was coming in from all over. And we think this is a real good arrest,’ he said.

The money, which was found in part by drug-sniffing dogs, will be split between the local sheriff’s department, the police department, and the District Attorney’s office.

It will be used to combat the drug trade.

Mayes, who originally tried to tell officers the money was part of her retirement fund, faces five criminal charges, including possession of marijuana, maintaining a dwelling where drugs are kept or sold, as well as possession of a firearm.

She once worked at the Department of Human Services, and had no criminal history prior to her arrest.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejvm
Forty six and two
Male User Gallery

Re: Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for supplying entire town with Marijuana [Re: 404]
    #16094746 - 04/15/12 09:26 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

So possibly it could be that her son is the kingpin and the granny is telling the truth. Regardless, let them both go and stop taking hard working peoples money. :facepalm:

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for supplying entire town with Marijuana [Re: jvm]
    #16094829 - 04/15/12 09:45 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

If i was a dealer i swear to god i'd be packin like scarface. :nonono:

--------------------
Your god is dead, and i killed him.

The moment you refuse the human rights for just a few, what happens when that view includes you?-Chuck D.

And in my dreams I am dirty broke, beautiful, and free-Pat the Bunny

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
Re: Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for supplying entire town with Marijuana [Re: jvm]
    #16094947 - 04/15/12 10:10 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jvm said:
let them both go and stop taking hard working peoples money. :facepalm:

But then that'd be catering to them. High risk > high rewards, low risk > low rewards. That money they're making is due to the exploitation of our current system.

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

OfflineSimms
Fuckwit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Europe
    #16095002 - 04/15/12 10:21 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jvm said:
So possibly it could be that her son is the kingpin and the granny is telling the truth. Regardless, let them both go and stop taking hard working peoples money. :facepalm:

"Will be spent on fighting against drug crimes" riiight...

--------------------

Offlinebangpowboomers
ol' Dirty Cirus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Place Last Seen
Re: Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for supplying entire town with Marijuana [Re: 404]
    #16095118 - 04/15/12 10:42 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

StateOfMind404 said:The money, which was found in part by drug-sniffing dogs, will be split between the local sheriff’s department, the police department, and the District Attorney’s office.

You know what fuck you fucking ass clowns get a real job.

--------------------
Bustin caps like Eastwood on crack!!!

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #16095181 - 04/15/12 11:04 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

$300,000 in cash and four pounds of marijuana from her home.

Quote:

six pounds of marijuana and around $270,000

Quote:

In addition, around $277,000 were found with traces of narcotics on them

she was also caught with 5 and a half pounds and like 286,000 dollars in cash.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisible404 Happy Birthday
Schizophrenic Mystic
 User Gallery

Loc: Acid Cornfields
Re: Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for supplying entire town with Marijuana [Re: SpecialEd]
    #16095215 - 04/15/12 11:12 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, i think this is a perfect example of how the drug war is a complete failure. Old Lady > DEA

--------------------

Offlineorangeyouglad
Gravity Junkie

Loc: Canada
    #16095513 - 04/16/12 12:37 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

In addition, around $277,000 were found with traces of narcotics on them

Just like the majority of U.S. cash in circulation today...why would they bother running tests on the money if they already know what they're gonna find?

Hmmm. Maaaaybe cause people don't really care about pot that much and she needs to be demonized so they can take all her property away from her legally, without anyone making a fuss. Fucking drug war  :doublefacepalm:

InvisiblePilz
Think of the Children!
Male
Re: Gun-toting granny, 73, arrested for supplying entire town with Marijuana [Re: orangeyouglad]
    #16095905 - 04/16/12 02:37 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

5th time this has been posted

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing, Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service